BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2010

Iceman

Cannot believe there's people on here saying they dont give toss about England but look forward to watching Argentina, Brazil.Germany etc. :rolleyes:

I went to Germany 2006 and the atmosphere in Frankfurt was unbelieveable, that experience probably enhanced my passion for supporting England, It was mental (and against popular belief very friendly) everyone was singing and seeing pockets of portugese/Brazilian fans mingling was quality.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannot believe there's people on here saying they dont give toss about England but look forward to watching Argentina, Brazil.Germany etc. :rolleyes:

I went to Germany 2006 and the atmosphere in Frankfurt was unbelieveable, that experience probably enhanced my passion for supporting England, It was mental (and against popular belief very friendly) everyone was singing and seeing pockets of portugese/Brazilian fans mingling was quality.

I can see why, I just can't seem to get that excited when England play . Don't get me wrong I'd love it if we win the World Cup , I'd rather Rovers win something even the Carling Cup ahead of England.

The football played by the national team compared to likes of Spain , Holland and Brazil it's just plain boring.

Also that Italian "I'll pick players on merit " didn't take Robbo.Darren Bent scores a bucket load of goals , who does he pick donkey and Defoe.

Defoe did have a very good season. He tailed off seriously towards the end, but deserves his place in the squad both on ability and on performance. Bent not being there and Heskey being included is the serious problem when you make the statement that you will pick players based on performances for their clubs and it also goes to show that there the old bias towards bigger clubs still exists.

England's style of play is a bit boring at the moment, but I have a feeling that it will pick up a bit during the tournament itself. I don't care nearly as much about England games as I do about Rovers games, but when it gets to the World Cup it's really quite special. I'm really looking forward to watching an England team that does have a chance of winning it and I'm also looking forward to being able to watch football all of the time fo a month.

Two Rovers targets from the past few years, Lee Geun Ho and Gu Ja Cheol both missed out on the South Korean squad. However, 2002 golden goal hero and former Souness target Ahn Jung Hwan makes it, despite being 52 (or something like that).

i have never been able to get behind england with even a tenth of the passion i have towards rovers games in the 1st round of the league cup, club football is everything and weekends when there is none due to internationals are very dull.

euro 96 and the big rovers contingent was the last time i was ever that bothered about watching england. I think paying insane amounts of money to a foreigner to do a job that scarcely qualifies as part time and the fact that we don't have a messi or ronaldo that excites kill it for me.

Supporting new zealand (nelsen), denmark (Jacobson) and N.Korea (fella that grew up playing in a rovers shirt) in that order

I can see why, I just can't seem to get that excited when England play . Don't get me wrong I'd love it if we win the World Cup , I'd rather Rovers win something even the Carling Cup ahead of England.

The football played by the national team compared to likes of Spain , Holland and Brazil it's just plain boring.

Also that Italian "I'll pick players on merit " didn't take Robbo.Darren Bent scores a bucket load of goals , who does he pick donkey and Defoe.

Why compare the two?

Bloody hell Blackburn Rovers has been an absolute passion of mine my whole life, of course your national team doesn't compare.

I was also in Frankfurt and Nurenburg for 2006 and it was superb, but yes watching and supporting England doesn't have the intensity of my Ewood Park experience but why deride it? The country gets together, it distracts the nation fron the grind of daily life for a few weeks then we go back to our clubs?

What's wrong with that?

I'd love to see Rovers win the league cup again ewoodpo, but I'd defo take seeing England win the world cup than Rovers win the league cup. I'm very lucky to have seen Rovers win the top league, and the league cup.

The football Rovers play is just plain boring compared to Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea.......West Brom. You should be used to watching boring football then, get behind your country!

No Walcott in the squad? Very surprised by that, I rate him well above Wright-Phillips.

I'm guessing Gerrard will be playing on the left as Johnson isn't in either.

Edit: Forgot about Joe Cole. A 4-5-1 with those interchanging between centre/left could be successful.

Apparently rumour is,Capello asked Walcott and Crouch to stay behind in training with Crouch in the penalty area,and Walcott was asked to run down the wing UNOPPOSED and cross the ball on to Crouch`s head,by all accounts he was nowhere near landing the ball on Crouch`s bonce..... :huh:

Apparently rumour is,Capello asked Walcott and Crouch to stay behind in training with Crouch in the penalty area,and Walcott was asked to run down the wing UNOPPOSED and cross the ball on to Crouch`s head,by all accounts he was nowhere near landing the ball on Crouch`s bonce..... :huh:

Now that wouldnt suprise me in the least, if true, great genius from Capello in outing a trickster.

I'd love to see Rovers win the league cup again ewoodpo, but I'd defo take seeing England win the world cup than Rovers win the league cup. I'm very lucky to have seen Rovers win the top league, and the league cup.

The football Rovers play is just plain boring compared to Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea.......West Brom. You should be used to watching boring football then, get behind your country!

Actually, I find Rovers football quite exciting. The whole will we or won't we get a point, will we play "pretty" or "long" football this half, how can we frustrate the big boys, can we hold onto our good players with the larger clubs sniffing around, etc.

And I'd much rather the Rovers win a cup than England when the world cup. The world cup should be claimed by team USA.

Three pieces of intel crossed my desk today and to begin with I was slightly puzzled. Firstly, the south central portion of the United Kingdom seems to have risen ½ an inch recently. Secondly, it seems that the average total caloric intake of the average South African has risen by 32% over the past two weeks. Also the U.S. air force lent a Globemaster III to the South African government for reasons unknown. After some discussions with the guys down the hall it seems that Benni is, again, back in South Africa and plans to stay to give moral, and financial, support to the South African national team and the local food service industries. Just thought I would pass this along.

Shame he didn’t make the team though - the lean that he could give the pitch could be quite favorable, much like a good tilt on a pinball machine.

Actually, I find Rovers football quite exciting. The whole will we or won't we get a point, will we play "pretty" or "long" football this half, how can we frustrate the big boys, can we hold onto our good players with the larger clubs sniffing around, etc.

And I'd much rather the Rovers win a cup than England when the world cup. The world cup should be claimed by team USA.

Read my post smoss and you will see it's done with sarcasm, ewoodpo was saying Englands style of football is boring, if Englands football is boring what does that make Rovers style? I love the way we compete with the big boys!

Personally I'd prefer to see England win the world cup than Rovers win the league cup as it's never happened in my life time!

Supporting new zealand (nelsen), denmark (Jacobson) and N.Korea (fella that grew up playing in a rovers shirt) in that order

I find this comment shocking!!

You would support three other nations ahead of your own national team?

Dont get excited about England by all means, but supporting another nation ahead of your own is terrible.

i have never been able to get behind england with even a tenth of the passion i have towards rovers games in the 1st round of the league cup, club football is everything and weekends when there is none due to internationals are very dull.

Very odd, it would appear more people find watching a team of predominantly foreign workers with very little loyalty to their employers take on yet more and equally mercenary economic migrants representing towns and cities (that they never even knew existed prior to their transfer), more uplifting and important than watching Englishmen, representing the nation, with the understanding of what that undertaking means take on the world's greatest and best?

It seems more of you get excited about finishing 10th in the world's second most uncompetitive league, watching talentless oafs play head tennis, hoofball and take comfort in the fact that there is an outside prospect of potentially getting to the carling cup final. Is that really more inspiring than a nation united in passion, competing for and potentially winning the most prestigious prize in football and taking on the whole world to do it?

Really?

Great post Oscar.

They day I don't look forward to a World Cup is when I lose the will to get out of bed in the morning. I love the atmosphere, the togetherness and (unlike most on here), do not have an intense hatred of the squad.

Good luck guys, win and you will be immortalised, lose and I will still cheer you on next time.

• Backroom

Very odd, it would appear more people find watching a team of predominantly foreign workers with very little loyalty to their employers take on yet more and equally mercenary economic migrants representing towns and cities (that they never even knew existed prior to their transfer), more uplifting and important than watching Englishmen, representing the nation, with the understanding of what that undertaking means take on the world's greatest and best?

It seems more of you get excited about finishing 10th in the world's second most uncompetitive league, watching talentless oafs play head tennis, hoofball and take comfort in the fact that there is an outside prospect of potentially getting to the carling cup final. Is that really more inspiring than a nation united in passion, competing for and potentially winning the most prestigious prize in football and taking on the whole world to do it?

Really?

I'd say thats a bit sensationalist. Talentless oafs?

Why do you bother following Rovers if that's your view on it?

I can't wait for the world cup I love it but for me I love it as a football fan as much as I do as an England fan which is why if England do go out I won't be overly upset and just get on with enjoying the rest of the tournament. Every time we have been knocked out in past tournaments I'm gutted but look around the pub and see people crying and whatnot its just not me, however if it was Rovers losing in a huge game I'd be a lot more upset.

Can't fully explain why but it's how it is.

• Backroom

I'd say it's quite a fair comparison to be fair and it's quite natural to compare something to another when describing it

I love the world cup plain and simple, you get to watch 3 matches a day from some of the worlds most flambouyant teams and footballers, you have a legitimate reason to hog the tv remote, book time off work and drink beer without being told its only wednesday love.

There is also the fact that IF and its usually a big IF that if your team actually performs and does well you feel a certain unity with any and all people including the multi national pizza delivery guy to your dog donning a ST GEORGES pair of boxer shorts, there is nothing better than turning the tv down and being quiet after you just score to hear 80 year old frank 2 doors down going doolally chanting rooney's name.

Just incase you hadnt figured it out yet I rather enjoy world cups :rolleyes:

I think its more to do, with the feeling that England will crash out after yet another mediocre performance. You could argue, that there are a few playes, who should be nowhere near the England team. The rest of your squad, are big earners at their clubs, and considered big players. Its normal, when people lose interest in a team, that are constantly under achievers. Its much the same, with our cricket team. We enter as favourites, but then the occasion becomes to much for the players to handle. To go off at people, because the have no interest in England is crazy. When the WC starts, and England walk out for their 1st game, everybody in your country will be interested. It will just be a cautious optimism, with a silent hope of going all the way. Keep the faith.

Archived