BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2010

Iceman

I know King keeps going on about those 3 games in 9 days, but he only managed it once all season.

I wouldn't say Carragher is any slower than Ferdinand is. Plus there aren't many centre backs in the world blessed with proper pace, their other attributes are far more important. Even though King is our fastest defender, if he gets the wrong side of a quick striker he's not going to catch him.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerrard and carragher are working class??????????????????????????????

<Splutter>.

If they're working class then I must be in the gutter.

Carragher's an absolute anus, I can't stand him. He's got no feelings for England, he just wanted to see what it was like playing under Capello.

See under "Controversy"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Carragher

This is why I think bringing King in to the final squad was a mistake. A defender gets injured and suddenly we're talking about having to rest his replacement. He might have played a fair few games recently, but Dawson is of a similar standard, is far more reliable, and has also had a very good season. Carragher should play alongside Terry, Dawson should have been the next option.

• Backroom

Gerrard and carragher are working class??????????????????????????????

<Splutter>.

If they're working class then I must be in the gutter.

Carragher's an absolute anus, I can't stand him. He's got no feelings for England, he just wanted to see what it was like playing under Capello.

See under "Controversy"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Carragher

Couldn't agree more yet if we bring the cup home people like him will be national heroes.

The positives outweigh the negatives but it would certainly tar a victory to a certain extent.

Read my post smoss and you will see it's done with sarcasm, ewoodpo was saying Englands style of football is boring, if Englands football is boring what does that make Rovers style? I love the way we compete with the big boys!

Sorry. I sometimes fail to pick up on sarcasm, even if spoken.

With Caragher in the team and Gerrard as captain I think few people can have any qualms about the character of the players. Those two are a fair and true representation of working class English footballing lads and will both give it their all.

Is this sarcasm? From what I've read, Carragher is a bit of a hoodlum. And based on the video replays, Gerarrd is a diver who pretends not to be. Though I will concede that Gerrard is the best (of a poor bunch) character, other than possibly Roonery, on the national team.

Reading Sky Sports this morning, it now looks as though both Obi Mikel and Pirlo may be missing the World Cup, alongside the likes of Drogba, Essien, Ballack, Ferdinand, Beckham, and countless other big names players. I've never known so many to be missing an international tournament before.

Good game against the Soccerroos today. Findley didn't impress, last choice striker for me. Good to see Buddle do as well as he did, wouldn't mind seeing him next to a healthy Jozy. Looked a little shakey on crosses in the box, but we can blame that on the sun. Can't be mad with a 3-1 win and a big boost leading into the opener.

My starting XI would be:

-------Jozy---------Buddle

Landy---Bradley--Torres----Deuce

Cherundolo--DeMerit--Gooch--Bocanegra

-------------Timmy

Grella just looked awful today for the Aussies. For a defensive midfielder, he was just easily bumped off the ball for 1 of their goals. I wouldnt be sad, if he went to Galatasaray.

Another good win for South Africa, as they played very well against Denmark.

Reading Sky Sports this morning, it now looks as though both Obi Mikel and Pirlo may be missing the World Cup, alongside the likes of Drogba, Essien, Ballack, Ferdinand, Beckham, and countless other big names players. I've never known so many to be missing an international tournament before.

And now it's being suggested that Robben might miss the World Cup too.

Good game against the Soccerroos today. Findley didn't impress, last choice striker for me. Good to see Buddle do as well as he did, wouldn't mind seeing him next to a healthy Jozy. Looked a little shakey on crosses in the box, but we can blame that on the sun. Can't be mad with a 3-1 win and a big boost leading into the opener.

My starting XI would be:

-------------Timmy

Herc has been playing well too not nearly as worried about missing CD9 as i was 5 months ago... hell in a year or two we might have some depth at striker... lol

Couldn't agree more yet if we bring the cup home people like him will be national heroes.

The positives outweigh the negatives but it would certainly tar a victory to a certain extent.

ask yourself this. would you really give a @#/? if we won the world cup?.

• Backroom

http://www.guardian....-burn-world-cup

Good read for the anti-World Cup fans here. Although I do enjoy the World Cup but find myself agreeing with large parts of this.

Whilst I can see where he's coming from I can't agree with most of it but I do love charlie brooker he reminds me of Yahtzee from zero punctuation (the geeks amongst us will get that one)

And ben I would give a @#/? definitely but maybe not quite as much as I'd like to

My starting XI would be:

-------------Timmy

I think you have Dolo and Bocanegra switched there.

I'm going to admit that I'm not the most patriotic man in the world, and will miss most qualification games and friendlies, unless their is something riding on them. However, I always get excited by the World Cup and the Euros, and support England. However, I think that's mainly because I love the tournaments as a spectacle and enjoy watching the world's best footballers and footballing sides. Also, England games suddenly become interesting. I don't enjoy watching England beat the Faroe Isles who put 11 man and a dog behind the ball and, frankly, struggle to see the point. However, that's completely different in these tournaments.

I'm going to admit that I'm not the most patriotic man in the world, and will miss most qualification games and friendlies, unless their is something riding on them. However, I always get excited by the World Cup and the Euros, and support England. However, I think that's mainly because I love the tournaments as a spectacle and enjoy watching the world's best footballers and footballing sides. Also, England games suddenly become interesting. I don't enjoy watching England beat the Faroe Isles who put 11 man and a dog behind the ball and, frankly, struggle to see the point. However, that's completely different in these tournaments.

Sums my feelings up perfectly. I don't tend to watch friendlies unless a Rovers player is involved. Might watch qualifiers if I have nothing else on. But I get completely drawn into tournaments. Germany in 96, Argentina in 98, France in 04 and Portugal in 04 are four of the games that I've been most involved in emotionally, including Rovers.

Strangely, it's the defeat and injustice that really clinches it. Beckham's free kick against Greece is quality but it does nothing for me. Give me a good defeat on penalties when we really deserved it and I'm all over it.

Germany in 1990 was the worst, by a country mile.

Fortunately/unfortunately I was only 4 at the time so have no recollection of it. Can imagine how it felt though!

If I had to rank all football matches, I don't think the euphoria of England stuffing Holland in 96 or Germany in Germany gets into the top 100 Rovers wins that I've seen. However, the really tragic defeats (the epic ones, I couldn't care less about the defeat to Croatia which meant we didn't get into the Euros) probably get into the top 20, and probably a couple in the top 10.

Archived