BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2010

Iceman

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just face it. Us, Holland, are going to become World Champions this summer.

Stekelenburg

V.d. Wiel (is going 2b sensational) - Matthijsen - Heitinga - V. Bronckhorst

V. Bommel - Nigel de Jong

Robben - Sneijder - v.d. Vaart

V. Persie

Bench: Vorm, Anita (he's the new Samba, you see), Kuyt, Huntelaar, Elia, Babel

And our most famous player ever, a certain # 14, said: "Attacking is the best defence. If you don't score, you don't win." So don't start on our defence, we don't need them. Fast flowing attacking football, goals, sensation. Hup Holland Hup!

Just face it. Us, Holland, are going to become World Champions this summer.

Stekelenburg

V.d. Wiel (is going 2b sensational) - Matthijsen - Heitinga - V. Bronckhorst

V. Bommel - Nigel de Jong

Robben - Sneijder - v.d. Vaart

V. Persie

Bench: Vorm, Anita (he's the new Samba, you see), Kuyt, Huntelaar, Elia, Babel

And our most famous player ever, a certain # 14, said: "Attacking is the best defence. If you don't score, you don't win." So don't start on our defence, we don't need them. Fast flowing attacking football, goals, sensation. Hup Holland Hup!

My best mate used to play with all of the attacking four when he played for the Dutch youth teams and said that they are all great players and should get to the 1/4 finals. But when things get tough, they will start fighting amongst themselves as their egos take over and that will be the end of it! I'm looking forward to seeing Gregory Van Der Wiel and Elerjo Elia play.

Spain still have to be favourites, Argentina have made a big blunder not picking Gago or Cambiasso, they have quality out wide but central midfeild looks the weakness now. Also taking Coloccini but not taking Zanetti seems and odd selection.

Germany can still win it without Ballack but they have picked a very young squad overall, 5 of the 7 midfielders are 23 or under but Ozil and Marin are going to be quality.

The Dutch, English and French will shoot themselves in the foot.

My dark horse is Serbia but no doubt it will probably end up being an Italian/Brazil final.

I'd be sticking AICAR in all his food and sticking him in a giant mouse wheel with a electrical "motivator" for when he starts slacking. I cannot believe he has let himself get into that sort of shape he's got to be pushing 30% body fat, maybe more.

I wonder if they have consdiered liposuction?

Benni McCarthy you make Mickey Quinn look fit!

Part of me wants to see him play in the World Cup and do well but if he hasn't been able to motivate himself for what is the biggest sporting event in his home country during his life time then does he deserve to even be there at the expense of others who have good talent and a lot more hunger? The word complacency springs to mind and he only has himself to blame I'm afraid, yet I think he'll view that differently.

impossible

He's a joke, how can he let his career suffer like this, he only has himself to blame. Just goes to show it wasn't Rovers or Sam being harsh on him as he hinted as West Ham and now South Africa have already called him out on the same problem.

It's sad because he was a good player but if he can't get in shape with a WC around the corner then he doesn't deserve to go. I'd still expect them to pick him though! Even a fat Benni is probably their best forward.

He is one of the worlds best by reputation at least and you want to see them all at the WC cause thats what its all about.

Im sure Jerome Boateng will be feeling the heat during training with the Mannschaft.

Why will he? It wasn't his fault.

This targetting of Jerome Boateng is bizare. He wasn't even in the same country as that where the tackle occured.

Just as ridiculous is the fact that Ballack is supposedly considering legal action against Kevin Prince Boateng. It must be gutting to miss out on what will be his last opportunity to play in a World Cup, but injuries are part and parcel of the game and I've seen many a cynical foul committed by Ballack, so it's hardly as if he's a saint himself.

I must admit to finding it extremely difficult to get up this world cup and England matches in general these days. In stark contrast to 10-15yrs ago when I was a regular at Wembley, been to the Euros and 2 world cups to support the national side.

I have a serious problem with the likes of Ferdinand, Terry, Lampard and Cole being seen as national heroes should we actually win a the world cup, can you imagine that…… :(

I must admit to finding it extremely difficult to get up this world cup and England matches in general these days. In stark contrast to 10-15yrs ago when I was a regular at Wembley, been to the Euros and 2 world cups to support the national side.

I have a serious problem with the likes of Ferdinand, Terry, Lampard and Cole being seen as national heroes should we actually win a the world cup, can you imagine that…… :(

I don't think you have too much to worry about!!

I found a nice little predictor thing last night - choose a team and it tells you of your likely route to the final. http://www.castrolfootball.com/predictor/

Personally, I think our relatively easy run to the semis gives us a great chance of winning the competition. Meeting the better teams in the latter stages is preferable as the team would have gathered some momentum leading in.

Hopefully Brazil will slip up somewhere and we rise to the occasion in the semi. Then, in a final, anything can happen.

I think it's Spain's year though, myself.

I must admit to finding it extremely difficult to get up this world cup and England matches in general these days. I have a serious problem with the likes of Ferdinand, Terry, Lampard and Cole being seen as national heroes should we actually win a the world cup, can you imagine that…… :(

I'd rather not. I can't bear to even think about it ...

I have just returned from Asda and picked up an England shirt for £25. I think some stores are struggling to sell them at the moment despite there being a World Cup around the corner. I popped into Sports Direct and they were still £40 and everywhere else seemed to be around that price too. Good on Asda for the price drop!

Archived