BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] We Should Have Bought Darren Bent?

We should have sign Darren Bent in the summer. we didnt because of the lack of funds! But then we sign Saldago on fourty thousand pounds a week. We could had put that money into signing Darren Bent. We would had be in the top 8. I watch him on the match of the day and think we should sign him!!!!!!1111 :rolleyes:

We should have sign Darren Bent in the summer. we didnt because of the lack of funds! But then we sign Saldago on fourty thousand pounds a week. We could had put that money into signing Darren Bent. We would had be in the top 8. I watch him on the match of the day and think we should sign him!!!!!!1111 :rolleyes:

Bent must be an at least 80 grand after 2 transfers well over 10million quid. The signing-on fee, win bonuses and scoring bonuses would have been a fortune a well. We haven't even got to the transfer fee yet!

Proven Prem scorers are out of our league now. We need damaged goods, kids with potential who could well take a years to come good or incredible overlooked jewels in the bargain buckets now.

All that while selling at least one of our top players each summer to boot.

Anyway...Happy New Year! :rover:

:lol:

Yep.

Sunderland play to Bents strengths, we don't play to Benni's.

Benni is still potentially a 20 goal a season striker.

I think you're right about that Aggy, but I'm sure Benni doesn't play to Benni's strengths half the time.

I think you're right about that Aggy, but I'm sure Benni doesn't play to Benni's strengths half the time.

Did you hear his interview. shown on the big screen, pre-match.

The enthusiasm is back, the confidence is back, the smile is back and he is keen to play.

This may well be because of the World Cup next summer but we should use it to our advantage.

Bent must be an at least 80 grand after 2 transfers well over 10million quid. The signing-on fee, win bonuses and scoring bonuses would have been a fortune a well. We haven't even got to the transfer fee yet!

Proven Prem scorers are out of our league now. We need damaged goods, kids with potential who could well take a years to come good or incredible overlooked jewels in the bargain buckets now.

All that while selling at least one of our top players each summer to boot.

Anyway...Happy New Year! :rover:

:lol:

Good post. Depressing, but right on the money.

Bent scored two this week, Crouch two last week. Allardyce wanted em both. We couldn't give him the necessary dosh. So all we can do is move on .

Turning this around, Bent and Crouch havent played against a defence that has parted in both games like the Red sea.

Plus the service these guys get isnt as bad as the service they'd get at Ewood Park.

Plus the service these guys get isnt as bad as the service they'd get at Ewood Park.

Bent can create some opportunities for himself with his pace.

Also, we might not create numerous chances but Bent would have put away some of the clear cut chances we have recently been creating.

Archived