BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull Preview

colin

Season ticket holders don't go away?

Yes you support the club through thick thin, so accept the @#/? served up and just get on with it......ZZZzzz

Lets have a demonstration like the old days on Nuttall Street - FOX OUT, FOX OUT, FOX OUT!

That point disintegrated immediately as I had JUST said that I have been to 6 away games and it won't stop me renewing my season ticket. As Shillito said, the away form doesn't alter the fact that our home form is good.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That point disintegrated immediately as I had JUST said that I have been to 6 away games and it won't stop me renewing my season ticket. As Shillito said, the away form doesn't alter the fact that our home form is good.

Fortunately or unfortunately, the world doesn’t revolve around yourself and Shillito now does it :wacko:

So Gav, are you suggesting people aren't going to renew their season tickets because the away form is bad?

I'd imagine people will not renew for a number of reasons, the away form being one.

There are a number of reasons I would take on board and accept, but the away form really staggers me, even more so when you consider the home form is as good as it has been in years.

As a supporter, I don't care how we've played at the end unless we've dropped points. When we are winning a vast majority of home games, the performances become secondary.

There are a number of reasons I would take on board and accept, but the away form really staggers me, even more so when you consider the home form is as good as it has been in years.

As a supporter, I don't care how we've played at the end unless we've dropped points. When we are winning a vast majority of home games, the performances become secondary.

I think people feel ripped off with our performances away from home, you can only kick a man/women so many times before they bleed, and our away supporters must be critical by now!

I hate to keep bringing Hughes up, because he wasn’t my favourite manager by a long shot, but I felt winning was enough under him, the performances often secondary.

I think people feel ripped off with our performances away from home, you can only kick a man/women so many times before they bleed, and our away supporters must be critical by now!

I hate to keep bringing Hughes up, because he wasn’t my favourite manager by a long shot, but I felt winning was enough under him, the performances often secondary.

I agree with the first part, and i think it's something that needs addressing in the close season, as it's clear the personnel at the club currently seem incapable of putting together a decent run of away performances.

However the second part is the area where I feel Allardyce is most unjustly treated. For Hughes 99% of supporters settled for wins alone, whereas with Allardyce, unless we win in a certain way fans seem eager to victimise him for his methods. Highly unfair IMO, as Hughes was only marginally different in his approach, and I feel at this stage that approach was more on the mental side than the tactical side.

I agree with the first part, and i think it's something that needs addressing in the close season, as it's clear the personnel at the club currently seem incapable of putting together a decent run of away performances.

However the second part is the area where I feel Allardyce is most unjustly treated. For Hughes 99% of supporters settled for wins alone, whereas with Allardyce, unless we win in a certain way fans seem eager to victimise him for his methods. Highly unfair IMO, as Hughes was only marginally different in his approach, and I feel at this stage that approach was more on the mental side than the tactical side.

I think people remember Hughes reign with fond memories, any manager following him is on a hiding to nothing really.

Hughes managed to galvanise a team, Allardyce so far looks to have no chance of following his lead with the current crop. His excuses wind up the support and the stuff coming out of the club hardly fills us with confidence that the team is in good hands.

I think its something that we’ll all have to live with.

After all he did for Bolton, the support was apparently split over his popularity.

The monitor is mainly for replays etc.

From a higher vantage point, it is much easier to see the shape and Formation of opponents than at ground level and assessing things becomes easier, you can see the movement of players and have a much better vision of the game as a whole, on T/V you cant see that.

Correct.

Who's that addressed to?

Every ST holder I hope and even those that aren't.

Watching the cheapest football in the land and BRFC in the Prem is a priviledge that is taken for granted by too many, and in particular those born since 1980.

Every team in the bottom half of the table has a crap away record. Even Fulham too.

Fulham, Stoke, Sunderland, West Ham and Portsmouth have only won one away. I don't see what the problem is and I've been to quite a few away games this season. You win some, you lose some!

Hull and Burnley haven't even won away this season.

In the bottom half, there's only Wolves, Bolton and Wigan with more away wins but their home form isn't great.

This season the football away from home has been nothing short of dreadful. I do agree with some on here that there has been some positive signs recently in terms of football being played. I for one will be renewing in the usual vain hope that things improve. I do know that this is unlikely but after supporting the club for over 40 yrs, I guess I am a realist in some ways but still it is better now than it was in the 70's and i suppose our expectations have just increased.

If you didn't experience the downs the ups wouldn't mean half as much.

I bet no fan of the Big 4 can hope to experience the level of euphoria that we did in 95 and at Cardiff no matter how much they think they do.

Gav seems to think that he is in the majority in wanting Sam out. I don't think that is true at all and neither is it true that the majority of season ticket holders will not renew

The average fan is actually quite quiet and gets on with supporting the team and the manager. Nobody around me wants Sam out.

I'd imagine people will not renew for a number of reasons, the away form being one.

I hate to keep bringing Hughes up, because he wasnt my favourite manager by a long shot, but I felt winning was enough under him, the performances often secondary.

Absolute rubbish! You do spout some crap Gav, you really do. Has mardarse got his hand up your jumper at the back?

1. ST's don't work away,, they only work at Ewood where we have had decent results.

2. We have approx 15000 ST holder's and an away following of about 1500. If they were all ST holders which I am sure they are not then thats just 10%!

3. Name a better BRFC manager than Mark Hughes. The only comparable one was KMD and he operated under much different circumstances.

If the truths known I believe many of the less committed supporters are tired of the Prem experience and are simply looking for an excuse to quit going and the growing adverse opinion means that Sam Allardyce fits the bill perfectly.

Last night I spoke to two people. One is over 80 and thinks his ST will be his last as he and his wife suffer the cold badly so fair play. The other doesn't even go but sidled up to me and said

"They need to sack the entire coaching staff at Rovers! "

I answered

"Maybe but you can't do that without a replacement so who do you suggest who is better and more qualified and who will come to BRFC? Come on K----- you must have thought this through so who is your replacement going to be?"

Silence. Followed by very lame "Well I don't know do I?"

Thick isn't the word for some people is it? :wstu:

Absolute rubbish! You do spout some crap Gav, you really do. Has mardarse got his hand up your jumper at the back?

1. ST's don't work away,, they only work at Ewood where we have had decent results.

2. We have approx 15000 ST holder's and an away following of about 1500. If they were all ST holders which I am sure they are not then thats just 10%!

3. Name a better BRFC manager than Mark Hughes. The only comparable one was KMD and he operated under much different circumstances.

If the truths known I believe many of the less committed supporters are tired of the Prem experience and are simply looking for an excuse to quit going and the growing adverse opinion means that Sam Allardyce fits the bill perfectly.

Last night I spoke to two people. One is over 80 and thinks his ST will be his last as he and his wife suffer the cold badly so fair play. The other doesn't even go but sidled up to me and said

"They need to sack the entire coaching staff at Rovers! "

I answered

"Maybe but you can't do that without a replacement so who do you suggest who is better and more qualified and who will come to BRFC? Come on K----- you must have thought this through so who is your replacement going to be?"

Silence. Followed by very lame "Well I don't know do I?"

Thick isn't the word for some people is it? :wstu:

spot on Theno' thats why I posted this in the Sam Alardyce thread

I grew up on Monty Pythons, which is fortunate as it helps to have a sense of humour when it comes to supporting the Rovers.

11th in the Premier League 3 wins from safety ###### luxury,

we had to stand on the Blackburn end in 1970 and watch us get relegated against Millwal 0-2

as another live long sufferer would say GET A GRIP

ps Jim Iley is worst manager I have had to suffer at ewood by a long way

but it is the club I support, players and staff come and go, not the club

B)

Gav seems to think that he is in the majority in wanting Sam out. I don't think that is true at all and neither is it true that the majority of season ticket holders will not renew

The average fan is actually quite quiet and gets on with supporting the team and the manager. Nobody around me wants Sam out.

Everyone around me at Ewood wants Sam out I'm afraid, as do many of the Rovers fans I know at work and friends. Sorry to fan the flames but there you go. I personally would like some stability to the Rovers set up, and I wanted Sam here before Ince got the job. However I can't help feeling now that he's a bit clueless after defending him for so long. I just don't see why he keeps getting the side to contain teams when we're on top (the Burnley game second half for example) - and it seems when that happens we concede goals. Perhaps it's the playing staff that can't cope with his tactics and Sam's way, when he finally gets his own team in, will work out in the long run.

If there ever was to be one, does anyone think Avram Grant would be a good replacement?

Back to the Burnley 3-2 scoreline. The few Burnley fans I know all said they were glad we eased off in the second half but couldn't believe it. They felt it could have been an embarrassing scoreline.

Everyone around me at Ewood wants Sam out I'm afraid, as do many of the Rovers fans I know at work and friends. Sorry to fan the flames but there you go.

Same around me Booth, and all my Rovers supporting mates, lads at work, chap in the chippy etc etc.

I’ve never know the like of it to be honest.

I just don't see why he keeps getting the side to contain teams when we're on top (the Burnley game second half for example) - and it seems when that happens we concede goals. Perhaps it's the playing staff that can't cope with his tactics and Sam's way, when he finally gets his own team in, will work out in the long run.

Mark Hughes and Kenny Dalglish did that too. And they had better players to work with. Allardyce isn't perfect by any means but we are a championship club punching above our weight, so you and your mates need to factor that in.

Mark Hughes and Kenny Dalglish did that too. And they had better players to work with. Allardyce isn't perfect by any means but we are a championship club punching above our weight, so you and your mates need to factor that in.

Not like they do at the moment. It's like 11 men in the net at times. But regardless of who did what in the past, why do it when you're on top and punishing a team that's down to ten men? Kenny Dalglish didn't do that, nor did Mark Hughes.

If you think that's good tactics and works, fair do's. We all see things differently I suppose.

I don't believe that we're a championship club punching above our weight either. I think on paper we're far above a lot of the other teams in the lower half and much better than the majority of the teams in the lower league.

As I said we all have a different outlook on where the team is.

I have to be just as honest...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_sheep

Haha yes, I think the tactics currently employed are baffling to say the least because everyone else says so.

Same as when someone created a Facebook group saying they didn't want Allardyce at the club I quickly joined it.

Oh hang on, no I didn't. I waited to see what happened then managed to form an opinion of my own. It does happen.

I'd agree, if our away form wasn't the absolute pits. It can't get much worse, therefore Sam should address his approach on the road, because sitting deep and hoping we'll steal a 75th min winner patently isn't working.

I don't believe that we're a championship club punching above our weight either. I think on paper we're far above a lot of the other teams in the lower half and much better than the majority of the teams in the lower league.

I agree. I do not understand on what basis people think we are a championship club overachieving. We have been in the premier league for the last decade; we have premier league income, pay premier league wages, have a team packed with internationals and a premier league training ground - the only team in the Championship who have all that are Newcastle who are a premier league club under-achieving.

Crowd levels are an irrelevant measure as to who constitutes a premier league club and who doesn't. The premier league money has swept away all the past definitions. We deserve to be in this league more than some of the clubs around us and more than all but 1 club in the Championship. And if we are a championship club, then what are Burnley, Wigan, Bolton, Wolves, Pompey and Hull? If they are all 'punching above their weight' where are the other 7 premier league clubs to replace them? Sheff Weds with their ramshackle ground and p!ss poor squad?

We are no different to all the clubs around us. Some may have rich owners pumping in a bit of cash, but we get 45 million each year, which is 3 or 4 times any club in the championship apart from Newcastle. I've read on here that we have a championship squad. Really? Then why are we paying 40 million a year for it when real championship clubs pay 10 or less?

However, having said all that, I don;t believe that being a PL club means the games will automatically be more entertaining. In my 45 years watching the club in 3 divisions, I reckon that 7 out of 10 games are basically dull. In 2 out of 10 there will be some degree of memorable stuff, and 1 in 10 will be a game you remember for whatever reason. Great comeback, stunning goal, amazing saves etc. This has been the same for me in each division. Until now. We've had 2 one-in ten games so far - Burnley and Chelsea - but under the Allardyce system are missing the two-in-tens, only Pompey fits the bill for me. Our goals are almost entirely scuffed affairs; the opposing keeper never has to play a blinder; and we fold like a cheap tent when we go behind away from home.

Nine out of every ten games being essentially dull is taxing the patience of a lot of fans

I chose to ignore the only fact in your post, because it neither proves nor disproves that Birmingham are playing better football than us.

What has the amount of goals scored got to do with the style football on offer?

I've seen Brum a number of times this season, against Chelsea and Man City springs to mind, they played attractive attacking football against better opposition on paper, far better than I've witnessed in a number of seasons.

Now that’s a fact, don’t ignore that.

How is that fact? That's your opinion, based on two games. People who saw us against Chelsea and away to Villa might make the same incorrect assessment about us.

Birmingham are dull, they scrap their win to victories with a hard working midfield and solid defence.

If you watch Championship matches then you will see that we are far from that standard. The Playoff Semis between Sheff Utd and Preston last season are a good example. We have a few championship quality players but the majority of our team belong in this league. I think that we should be happy with our current league position and I have come to realise that we do have to stick with Sam for the immediate future. There are a number of people on this board that think we should be pushing for Europe without really understanding that the changes in both the league and in our team make that impossible in the next few years. I'm not really sure where I stand on the pretty football vs staying in the Premiership debate. My real annoyance with our play is when players hoof balls up without even looking up or play balls that poor little Kalinic has no chance of doing anything with. I also see a different mentality amongst the squad when going up against certain teams (particularly the big four) which I don't like.

The simple truth is that in many games this season, our players have been capable of much more than they have achieved and Sam has made a good amount of odd decisions. If we get rid of Sam now though, there goes a nice chunk of our solely needed transfer fund. Up until another Mr Walker comes along, the main focus has to be trying to improve one step at a time and to stay in the Premiership. If it wasn't for Sam, God only knows what position in the Championship we would be now. Let's see what he can pull off this summer...

Archived