BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jon Venables

I definitely think they should have been executed after they committed the crime.

Killing a child is so obviously wrong...

That'll probably go right over some heads.

Kill Phil Thompson & Terry Venables right now. Ten year old evils kids. I've got the pitchforks, bring your own tar on a stick, I've got the lighter. It'll be just like at the end of the Dracula films.

We can set fire to their houses.

That'll be really good, we can burn down their houses and kill them and we can join in a Facebook group that wants to kill them and we can post "hang both of them LOL."& "RU sure U wanna killem kwick. Do U wanna stab em."

Kill them they R evil. Wikkid!!!!!!

Innit?????????????????

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely think they should have been executed after they committed the crime.

Killing a child is so obviously wrong...

Hilarious... Im glad you can laugh and mock over such a sensitive subject. :blush:

They didn't just kill, they abducted, tortured and abused a 2 year old little boy, but no take the ###### its far easier.

But please stand their on your ivory tower and have a good old giggle about these 2 animals being able to walk the streets and you not knowing who they are or what they have done.

Yes because baying for blood and mob rule is right down there on the streets, not up their [sic] in one of those damned eyesore Ivory Towers...

That what you just said is 'ridiculous'. They spent a few years at a private school, came out with not a single member of the public knowing who they are, what there name is or what they look like. For such a cruel and disgusting crime they did they certainly got away with it.

People are so fixated on this identity thing. Why do people need to know who they are?

Yes because baying for blood and mob rule is right down there on the streets, not up their [sic] in one of those damned eyesore Ivory Towers...

Im still waiting to hear why people seem so happy justice was never served. They should never of been let out, end of.

People are so fixated on this identity thing. Why do people need to know who they are?

Id like to know if i was in the same room as someone who murdered a two year old child, or if my son was near him. So your perfectly happy a child of yours plays on the street outside

his house?

Im still waiting to hear why people seem so happy justice was never served. They should never of been let out, end of.

Most people on here (including you apparently) agree they should have served a longer jail sentence, so what point are you still (ad infinitum) trying to make ?

Id like to know if i was in the same room as someone who murdered a two year old child, or if my son was near him. So your perfectly happy a child of yours plays on the street outside

his house?

You're creating your own reality. Nobody is happy with the sentence they received. You are indeed correct in my opinion; they should never have been let out.

Of course I wouldn't want any child of mine playing outside his house. However, the bloke next door now could be a murderer, have his old identity intact and still I wouldn't know about it. There's no list that's published by local councils detailing every convicted criminal in the area.

The psychopaths on here who would advocate the execution of ten year old kids may want to read how other countries deal with similar problems -- here

Please do not post links that provide a sense of balance and perspective.

Murders such as the Bulger case happen only in "broken Britain".

The psychopaths on here who would advocate the execution of ten year old kids may want to read how other countries deal with similar problems -- here

Get off the cross, we need the wood.

Most of us don't advocate the murder of those two, just a long and indeterminate jail term.

With the occasional beating thrown in, and fear by the bucketload.

Interesting read. Seems to be quite different though don't you think?

One being manslaughter and the other premitidated murder? One being rough housing that got fatally out of hand and the other being the planning to kidnap a boy and viciously terrorise him before caving his skull in and feeling no remorse or guilt?

They really weren't the same kind of thing after all.

Hilarious... Im glad you can laugh and mock over such a sensitive subject. :blush:

They didn't just kill, they abducted, tortured and abused a 2 year old little boy, but no take the ###### its far easier.

But please stand their on your ivory tower and have a good old giggle about these 2 animals being able to walk the streets and you not knowing who they are or what they have done.

Put your Daily Mail away..I'm laughing and mocking your views, not the murder of a young child you complete tool.

As regards this topic, I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle ground where most people on this board seem almost incapable of operating on.

I think they should have been in for a bit longer. However there is clearly a difference between someone committing any crime at 10, and someone committing any crime as an adult. The vast majority of countries have a much higher age of criminal responsibility than us. Does that mean we're a soft touch and the rest of the world is even softer, or do they have a point?

Either way obviously the age of criminal responsibility usually applies to crimes less serious than this, and I think for such a premeditated and brutal crime even if we did have a slightly higher age of criminal responsibility in line with most other countries, there's definitely be a case for an exception here. However giving them the same sentence as one would expect for an adult is also quite misrepresentative.

All this "well I knew it was wrong when I was 10" misses the point entirely - of course we all did as we were (I assume) normal 10 year olds. These were quite obviously 10 year olds who must have been severely twisted and must have had some major defect in their upbringing.

The same control mechanisms that would stop an adult, however bad or messed up an upbringing, from committing crimes like this would not be anywhere near as developed yet.I know they shouldnt need that but for every person who actually does commit a brutal crime there surely must be hundreds capable of doing so if they didn't stop themselves. And ultimately, would you have the same reaction to this murder as a child to when you were an adult?

I was 8 when it happened and I remember hearing about it on the news and it shocked me then in the way that this kind of thing can shock any 8 year old. But I was nowhere near as horrified as I'd be if it happened again now and I read about it as an adult. And so clearly these children had a much more different attitude to their own crime than they would if they were adults. It's impossible to argue that they wouldn't, so while a custodial sentence well into adulthood is appropriate given the nature of the crime, to say they should be dealt with just as severely as adults who did this is an utter fallacy.

Read it thanks ES. Which is the way forward do you think?

Not sure Gordon but one thing I do know is that executing children is not the answer. Truth is, any form of punishment in this case is 'bolting the stable door after the horse has bolted' ... the real issue is understanding how these children ended-up getting themselves in this situation in the first place ... only then can we hope to avoid similar atrocities happening in future. A series of questions need satisfactory answers including .... how had they been parented? ... what values shaped their lives? etc..etc..

Not sure Gordon but one thing I do know is that executing children is not the answer. Truth is, any form of punishment in this case is 'bolting the stable door after the horse has bolted' ... the real issue is understanding how these children ended-up getting themselves in this situation in the first place ... only then can we hope to avoid similar atrocities happening in future. A series of questions need satisfactory answers including .... how had they been parented? ... what values shaped their lives? etc..etc..

Um, it is a neurolgical disorder from birth, unless we can assess this and abort, you are not going to stop it through assessing their life after the fact.

They are psychopaths not sociopaths.

I forgot that I posted a question:

Mary Bell (a child murderer from the 1950s, it was a bad decade for it)

Maxine Carr (the girlfriend of Ian Huntley)

Venables

Thompson.

Interestingly I watched a TV program the other night detailing a serial killer from the late 1800's; a woman who killed over 400 babies.

Things can only get better eh?

Do you even know what a neurological disorder is?

maybe not, brain damage or dysfunction would be my laymen's guess? I am sure it is a broad term but I am happy for you to give me a lesson?

Is the term not correct for inclusion of psychopaths?

maybe not, brain damage or dysfunction would be my laymen's guess? I am sure it is a broad term but I am happy for you to give me a lesson?

How can you so confidently state what their problem is (even prefixing it with a condescending 'um') if you don't even know what it is?!

I believe one of the two (can't be bothered looking this up now) is considered to be a psychopath because he showed no remorse at all during the trial, whereas the other did.

How can you so confidently state what their problem is (even prefixing it with a condescending 'um') if you don't even know what it is?!

I believe one of the two (can't be bothered looking this up now) is considered to be a psychopath because he showed no remorse at all during the trial, whereas the other did.

I didn't say I didn't know what it is, I was just saying that I am open to the possibility I may be wrong to the exact and correct term. Venables broke down and cried, Thompson was blank faced. I think he even asked for someone to say sorry to the boys mother. Just because he broke down in court, it doesn't mean he felt remorse.

Archived