BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

If, as the quoted article suggests, the purchasers have to shell-out around £45m, that may mean they will be less willing or able to provide much (or even any) in the way of additional funds for new players. Sam WILL be pleased!!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If, as the quoted article suggests, the purchasers have to shell-out around £45m, that may mean they will be less willing or able to provide much (or even any) in the way of additional funds for new players. Sam WILL be pleased!!

instead of trying to second guess every single move why dont we just wait and see what happens,

How many clubs have been taken over and not seen a cash injection into the playing staff?

It might be small to medium investment but I am pretty sure we will see some sort of investment if/when the takeover completes.

It just wouldnt make sense not to invest some cash in the team given the glaring deficiences we have in certain positions.

I wonder if

this is a link in some way to what is going on behind the scenes.

The money quoted is obviously not Rovers as we stand, but ??????.

EPL club to buy IPL team

The story is old, but there is a tie-up in the background.

Nathaniel was involved with Zahavi and Joorabchian in this project.

Then Nathaniel and his chums appear as part of takeover teams looking at Rovers and Leicester City.

Someone somewhere thinks there is a benefit in having an English club and an IPL team tie-up...I don't know why, but power-brokers and the like are up to something on that front.

Then Nathaniel and his chums appear as part of takeover teams looking at Rovers and Leicester City.

Someone somewhere thinks there is a benefit in having an English club and an IPL team tie-up...I don't know why, but power-brokers and the like are up to something on that front.

A cricket team in the IPL playing in the famous Blue & White halves. :o:lol:

''The largely-unknown businessman, who has shipping interests in Europe, approached brokers in London about buying a club in the English game's top flight and settled for Blackburn because of its growth potential.''

Good luck with that.We all hope you know what you are doing Mr Shah and that you have been advised correctly.

:unsure:

Could it be down to the propossed IPL version of a football league Nathaniel has been asked to advise on?

veevs

Yes but is not this 45million including any debts Rovers have. Therefore Rovers would be DEBT FREE. Unless I have misunderstood. Therefore any money coming into the club would not be going to service any debt - that is a good thing in itself if correct. But would also mean that they would have a fresh overdraft facility (I presume)of 21mill

I wonder if this is a link in some way to what is going on behind the scenes.

The money quoted is obviously not Rovers as we stand, but ??????.

EPL club to buy IPL team

Interesting to say the least. But Rovers do not have $225 million. Lets say this is Rovers related, what do you think could be going on behind the scenes if there is a connection.

Does seem to imply though with comments of growth potential that they are treating it as a business rather than a flagship.

I wouldn't expect anything else Veevs.

Any new owner will be looking to make a profit. They wont do that by allowing Rovers to fall into the Championship, so they will know that some kind of investment in the team will be required.

Edit: which is more than we have now.

Interesting to say the least. But Rovers do not have $225 million. Lets say this is Rovers related, what do you think could be going on behind the scenes if there is a connection.

I was not so much referring to behind the scenes as in Rovers at the moment, more as to the future plans of the new owners, how they move the club forward, exposure, marketing and the local population. Also I still think there is something lurking with Dempo, I know cloud cuckoo land, ;) These guys must be thinking outside the box, so too say, to get anything out of the purchase.

Rovers / Dempo. ???????.

Nope Nathaniel was in talks to literally setup a football league (a cross between the IPL and the EPL).. to replace their exisiting indian football league.

They basically want to take another sport and make it Indias second sport that could appeal more to the masses... given the current number of billionaires in India (12-20 more than the arab states), the population of India and the success of the IPL (highlights inc a $1b deal with sony for rights and a partnership with google) they feel this could be worth a few bob especially if the two are linked.

I guess to them an EPL team owning an indian IPL team and an indian owning an EPL team would make the link solid.

Yes but is not this 45million including any debts Rovers have. Therefore Rovers would be DEBT FREE. Unless I have misunderstood. Therefore any money coming into the club would not be going to service any debt - that is a good thing in itself if correct. But would also mean that they would have a fresh overdraft facility (I presume)of 21mill

Not sure about the overall figure but the accounts do show a bank loan (beyond trustees) of 12m thats due in 2012.

Any new owner will be looking to make a profit. They wont do that by allowing Rovers to fall into the Championship, so they will know that some kind of investment in the team will be required.

Edit: which is more than we have now.

Just depends on where he is looking to make the profit.. here or in other related ventures I guess.

When a new IPL team costs $200m plus just shows what sort of money is out there.

''The largely-unknown businessman, who has shipping interests in Europe, approached brokers in London about buying a club in the English game's top flight and settled for Blackburn because of its growth potential.''

Good luck with that.We all hope you know what you are doing Mr Shah and that you have been advised correctly.

:unsure:

Which is where the danger lays. It's not that difficult to put forward a case which will show there is potential to earn money from a business. Making it happen on the ground is a different matter. The theory is great, yes there are billions of people in India etc. whether or not as many as 1% can become interested in football is another matter.

Clearly something is going to happen, personally I shall continue to simply wait and see - the proof will be on the pitch, nowhere else.

Which is where the danger lays. It's not that difficult to put forward a case which will show there is potential to earn money from a business. Making it happen on the ground is a different matter. The theory is great, yes there are billions of people in India etc. whether or not as many as 1% can become interested in football is another matter.

Clearly something is going to happen, personally I shall continue to simply wait and see - the proof will be on the pitch, nowhere else.

just a minor point 1% of 1billion = ? :)

Any new owner will be looking to make a profit.

This is what worries me most Den,that and the comment about 'growth potential'.

Like I say, good luck to Mr Shah if he thinks it can happen but have we not reached our potential already i.e crowds,turnover etc?

Its going to be VERY interesting to hear how they plan to go about this if the takover happens.

Agreed Paul..lets hope this is not all about pie in the sky ideas and big talk.

just a minor point 1% of 1billion = ? :)

Population of India 2010 = 1,150,000,000

1% = 11.5 milion

Bet they don't all buy a shirt though :)

I do realise the population is enormous and I'm sure one can put together very appealing projections for growth potential etc. My worry is, and numerous posters have already demonstrated it in this thread, it is very, very easy to get carried away with the numbers and to create a very plausible business plan. In my own small way I've been there, done the maths, written the reports and I can promise you there is a world of difference between marketing plans and getting your hands dirty doing the selling.

There are approximately 3000 decent retail outlets in England, Scotland and Wales for my product. A sensible business plan might project one could obtain 1% of the market, 30 new customers in other words, in a year. Given I know a good account is worth £50k minimum per annum, a business plan might suggest one could generate an additional £1.5m of sales in a given year. Real on the ground experience, tells me three new accounts in a year is cause for celebration.

Now I appreciate this is sports marketing, these people may have far greater experience and knowledge than I, and they are not having to sell anything tangible BUT I do know how simple it is to create a business plan - selling it on a day to day basis is an entirely different prospect. Like SG194 I hope the plans are based on reality rather than projections. I wonder what projections were presented at Leeds United and Portsmouth to name but two?

Population of India 2010 = 1,150,000,000

1% = 11.5 milion

Bet they don't all buy a shirt though :)

I do realise the population is enormous and I'm sure one can put together very appealing projections for growth potential etc. My worry is, and numerous posters have already demonstrated it in this thread, it is very, very easy to get carried away with the numbers and to create a very plausible business plan. In my own small way I've been there, done the maths, written the reports and I can promise you there is a world of difference between marketing plans and getting your hands dirty doing the selling.

There are approximately 3000 decent retail outlets in England, Scotland and Wales for my product. A sensible business plan might project one could obtain 1% of the market, 30 new customers in other words, in a year. Given I know a good account is worth £50k minimum per annum, a business plan might suggest one could generate an additional £1.5m of sales in a given year. Real on the ground experience, tells me three new accounts in a year is cause for celebration.

Now I appreciate this is sports marketing, these people may have far greater experience and knowledge than I, and they are not having to sell anything tangible BUT I do know how simple it is to create a business plan - selling it on a day to day basis is an entirely different prospect. Like SG194 I hope the plans are based on reality rather than projections. I wonder what projections were presented at Leeds United and Portsmouth to name but two?

Increased by 50 while you wrote the post. head count please.

From the Hindustan Times "Shah believes the IPL recipe -- a heady mix of star footballers, innovative marketing, a carnival spirit and the presence of popular Bollywood film stars -- could help bring the untapped local British Asian community to games."

I can't wait to read the MB after this starts.....:D bloody drummer................

Archived