BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

What does it look like? I'm getting fed up of reading this thread at the Transfers thread, and people like you constantly asking Nicko whether we've signed someone or not. Let him post when he wants to FFS! angry.gif

As for the takeover, if it doesn't happen before the season starts the we will be in serious trouble. If it does happen, we may also be in trouble finding the right quality of players. Prices may be inflated and the new owners may not want to commit so early on. Worrying times ahead.

seeing that this is the takeover thread that was what i was talking about, but thank you for your contribution ,all be it a bit histerical, the same question about the takeover still stands!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Cryer article say they haven't. Nicko say he's waiting for it to be confirm if true. I just wish they would talk quickly and get it sorted one way or the other. I wouldn't be surprise if one of the other interest parties actually bought rovers and we didn't find out who they are until they buy the club.

Andy Cryer article say they haven't. Nicko say he's waiting for it to be confirm if true. I just wish they would talk quickly and get it sorted one way or the other. I wouldn't be surprise if one of the other interest parties actually bought rovers and we didn't find out who they are until they buy the club.

i thought that too, as for the andy cryer article i would not worry, not like he has actually got anything right rovers wise recently is it?????

So an article from an anonymous source on yahoo (which in any case would be in clear breach of any NDA) is likely to be more reliable than the local reporter, who I presume has a reasonable level of rapport with Rovers.

Can't see it myself although I would like it to be true.

The untapped potential that everone keeps referring to is not only potential interest from India but obviously getting the local Asian population down to Ewood instead of watching Liverpool and ManUre on TV.

That has always been the 64m dollar question for Rovers in recent years I feel. The percentage population figure mentioned in the 2001 census must be hopelessly outdated by now and will only get larger as time goes on.

If Shah could find both the key to that and somehow also generate interest in BRFC in India then things could get very interesting.

My view

cricket in India and the IPL is HUGE. Mumbai Indians are the biggest attraction and are watched by Millions.

A link up for Rovers grants the Indians a massive in for media/sport in the EPL. Everyone knows the big 2 sell their tv rights to the Far East so why couldnt Rovers tv rights be sold to India ?

They clearly have a market/business plan and they clearly have some serious money.

SKY started with the sky dancers and look at what they have now achieved ?

the other day we had a visitor in East Lancs, an Iman from Saudi, he got the attention of over 15000 locals and he was only here for 3 hours. the plan of having a Bollywood actor attend the ground isnt too bad a thing, the last big actor from India who came to Preston brought out over 15000 and he was here for 15 minutes such was his popularity. I could certainly see the attraction of such a person being brought to the game to entice the local Asian population out.

The Asian community are a colourful lot. We see it when they have the weddings and festivals. Why not deck them out in blue and white ?

There aint nothing wrong with having a balti pie or a samosa at the ground. Its a change and most would sample it. i think the days of pie and a bovril are long gone. I am sure Ozz would approve and we could also have the locals giving the marks out of ten for the curry of the day !

I do think there is the potential that some appear to be mocking. Our club is a community club our town is a town in need of a shake up, something for people to focus on rather than the doom and gloom normally associated with it. I say let the Shah group come in and lets see what they can offer Rovers and the town.

Uncle Jack did it so why cant another do it ?

A link up for Rovers grants the Indians a massive in for media/sport in the EPL. Everyone knows the big 2 sell their tv rights to the Far East so why couldnt Rovers tv rights be sold to India ?

Surely this would require an overhaul of our playing staff and more importantly our back room staff. To attract an untapped resourse like India will require a better example of what football and the EPL can offer. I cannot see Andrews, Roberts etc... making much of a mark on the mass Indian public. This has to be a concern. I have severe reservations about the capital available from this consortium. But more importantly i worry that they may find Big Sam a very unattractive proposition. His percentage football is not a crowd pleaser among many faithfull rovers fans. Why would it draw the crowds in India via TV? Any takeover and potential new owners (Shah's or otherwise) should realise the value of continuity. Mike Ashley will confirm this i'm sure. The last thing this club needs is new owners and new management. At least in the short term.

My view

cricket in India and the IPL is HUGE. Mumbai Indians are the biggest attraction and are watched by Millions.

They clearly have a market/business plan and they clearly have some serious money.

the other day we had a visitor in East Lancs, an Iman from Saudi, he got the attention of over 15000 locals and he was only here for 3 hours. the plan of having a Bollywood actor attend the ground isnt too bad a thing, the last big actor from India who came to Preston brought out over 15000 and he was here for 15 minutes such was his popularity. I could certainly see the attraction of such a person being brought to the game to entice the local Asian population out.

The Asian community are a colourful lot. We see it when they have the weddings and festivals. Why not deck them out in blue and white ?

There aint nothing wrong with having a balti pie or a samosa at the ground. Its a change and most would sample it. i think the days of pie and a bovril are long gone. I am sure Ozz would approve and we could also have the locals giving the marks out of ten for the curry of the day !

I do think there is the potential that some appear to be mocking. Our club is a community club our town is a town in need of a shake up, something for people to focus on rather than the doom and gloom normally associated with it. I say let the Shah group come in and lets see what they can offer Rovers and the town.

Totally agree with you. It is interesting how times have changed - Rovers of the 70's wouldn't have entertained such an idea.

As long as Rovers doesn't lose its roots totally - it is totally correct that it embraces the culture of a large percentage of the town's population - and displays what the new modern Blackburn is all about.

The thing to also consider - most of east lancashire has large ethnic populations - makes you wonder how many asians from outside Blackburn would also flock to a multi-cultural Ewood Park ?

My only concern - Rovers should become a multi-cultural club showing a balanced view of modern day Blackburn - and not Mumbai Rovers.

My view

I completely agree with you on the enticing of the local population, it could really work wonders in our area.

However what some people are mocking is that we'll suddenly get a legion of fans on the sub continent because of this. It simply won't happen unless we start winning things.

Totally agree with you. It is interesting how times have changed - Rovers of the 70's wouldn't have entertained such an idea.

As long as Rovers doesn't lose its roots totally - it is totally correct that it embraces the culture of a large percentage of the town's population - and displays what the new modern Blackburn is all about.

The thing to also consider - most of east lancashire has large ethnic populations - makes you wonder how many asians from outside Blackburn would also flock to a multi-cultural Ewood Park ?

My only concern - Rovers should become a multi-cultural club showing a balanced view of modern day Blackburn - and not Mumbai Rovers.

'embrace the culture' 'multi cultural Ewood Park'

What does becoming a 'multi cultural club' involve exactly? So a Bollywood star doing a regal wave from the centre circle or changing the concourse menu will do this will it?

The vast majority of the Asian population have swerved Ewood Park whilst walking around the town in glory clubs shirts for decades. Of course there are Asian supporters at Ewood presently, but I would say 90% plus support Liverpool or United, an allegiance that will go back to their fathers and grandfathers- just like the posters on here with BRFC, It will take some doing to expect thousands to convert to being Rovers fans. Especially with the inevitable glamour and success that comes with supporting such clubs as Utd.

Let's not patronise Asian football fans in thinking that a few gimmicks will get them down to Ewood.

'embrace the culture' 'multi cultural Ewood Park'

What does becoming a 'multi cultural club' involve exactly? So a Bollywood star doing a regal wave from the centre circle or changing the concourse menu will do this will it?

The vast majority of the Asian population have swerved Ewood Park whilst walking around the town in glory clubs shirts for decades. Of course there are Asian supporters at Ewood presently, but I would say 90% plus support Liverpool or United, an allegiance that will go back to their fathers and grandfathers- just like the posters on here with BRFC, It will take some doing to expect thousands to convert to being Rovers fans. Especially with the inevitable glamour and success that comes with supporting such clubs as Utd.

Let's not patronise Asian football fans in thinking that a few gimmicks will get them down to Ewood.

Most of those I know and I know a fair few, don't actually support any club. They say they support Man Utd or Liverpool but very few of them actually ever go to matches there. Increasing numbers of younger kids are thinking for themselves ad realising that they can actually see big stars at Ewood at least once a season at a cheap price and are getting season tickets or coming to matches with school or with family now. The dynamics are changing and I don't think it would take generations to make a significant difference. It would, however, take a decent (not marquee) signing or two to get the ball rolling. Connections with IPL cricket won't do it because to be honest most of the kids I know don't watch it.

My view

Spot on...BRING IT ON!!

Archived