BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

Thought for the day.

If the local paper claim there is other takeover interest why do they not name them? You would if you had that information.

Or is that information from the club and this is an attempt to push up the buying price?

To be fair to the LT Nicko, they do have responsibilities to the club if they want to continue decent relations with them. Keeping that relationship is better for both the LT and the club. Outing any potential buyer/s could work against the LT. - wouldn't you agree?

As for the length of time these things take, well it probably takes any takeover discussions many months to reach conclusion - even if there is only interest from one party. In our case there could well be more than one interested party, hence an even lengthier timescale.

It's wrong to make conclusions based on little knowledge, as you have just said regarding the people rubbishing the Indian bid.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the length of time these things take, well it probably takes any takeover discussions many months to reach conclusion - even if there is only interest from one party. In our case there could well be more than one interested party, hence an even lengthier timescale.

My god if it took this long to buy everything I'd still be negotiating for the first house I bought back in 1999. Obviously I realise its a little bit more complicated, but its hardly the first time we've been here so Rovers must have everything to hand. The vast majority of questions will have been asked by all the other failed attempties, so why is it taking so long? If they truly cannot come up with the dollar or provide proof funds are there and available tell them to do one.

Interest registered in April and now practically August and not even a survey (NDA) has been reached, at this rate we might get sold by 2020. The club is only going to suffer the longer this drags on with two transfer lists being drawn up. I'd far rather the club said right, by this date if you can't come up with the beans by then, we stay as we are.

I would reluctantly agree with that, in that I would much prefer we change hands and get some owners that want to try and move us forward. However this whole episode is becoming increasingly painfull and damaging to the club, as I stated on the transfer thread I really can see Allardyce walking out if this isnt resolved very quickly.

To be fair to the LT Nicko, they do have responsibilities to the club if they want to continue decent relations with them. Keeping that relationship is better for both the LT and the club. Outing any potential buyer/s could work against the LT. - wouldn't you agree?

I don't buy that explanation.

It would be in the club's interest if there was a second bidder.

1 - to hurry things up.

2 - to push the price up [perhaps].

But the only way you would take the 'second bidder' rumour seriously would be if you would put more detail into it. I heard it yesterday from two sources but that could just be a way of revving up an auction.

I hope this deal is not being held up because the Trustees want too much...

1 - to hurry things up.

1 - agree

2 - that's of no benefit to the club, it benefits the owners. Any money spent purchasing the club is less money to spend on players.

1 - to hurry things up.

But the only way you would take the 'second bidder' rumour seriously would be if you would put more detail into it. I heard it yesterday from two sources but that could just be a way of revving up an auction.

seriously, i hope this is not the case. Its of no benefit to them, because they want out. Everytime they push up the price, people who are interested backs off.

Allardyce claims the continuing uncertainty is stopping him from bolstering his squad and he wants the issue resolving quickly. The Blackburn boss, whose side lost 1-0 in a friendly at Huddersfield on Wednesday, said in The Sun: "We need to know what is happening sooner rather than later.

"I know there is all the due diligence business to go through, but surely you either want to buy a football club or you don't. It is as simple as that.

"While it is dragging on, it means we are financially restricted and it is stopping me enhancing my side for the new season.

"I don't even know what the prospective new owners would be bringing to the table anyway.

You could well be right here Nicko.

Then again it's a reported £25m that Rovers are up for sale isn't it? Maybe £45m with the debt / loan. In the Premier League scheme of things that's hardly asking too much I'd have thought. I mean Liverpool have just agreed to pay Joe Cole £20m in wages.

If they can't find the £45m then where will they find money for new players?

Then again I can't understand why anyone would look to buy a football club - they're not going to make any money out of it - unless of course your saddle the club with debt when making signings (see the aforementioned LFC).

Then again it's a reported £25m that Rovers are up for sale isn't it? Maybe £45m with the debt / loan. In the Premier League scheme of things that's hardly asking too much I'd have thought. I mean Liverpool have just agreed to pay Joe Cole £20m in wages.

If they can't find the £45m then where will they find money for new players?

Then again I can't understand why anyone would look to buy a football club - they're not going to make any money out of it - unless of course your saddle the club with debt when making signings (see the aforementioned LFC).

Thought I read just like riveciders american mob that whoever it is their strategy is to buy into the club, beef it up, then look to sell it on for a profit 5-6 years down the line. Clawing money originally outlayed, back during the course of the 5-6 year term.

1 - to hurry things up.

alan do you think there is a chance rovers will be sold soon or are the indians just messing about cos this is stopping sam buying a top forward and i am getting a bit fed up with it cos i think rovers could go this season i cant see them ever getting back in the prem sorry just my thoughts

alan do you think there is a chance rovers will be sold soon or are the indians just messing about cos this is stopping sam buying a top forward and i am getting a bit fed up with it cos i think rovers could go this season i cant see them ever getting back in the prem sorry just my thoughts

I hope it happens soon but I would not count on it.

I said before there HAS to be a cut-off point for the talks with the Indians. But, sad to say, this could rumble on and on without a conclusion.

The lack of money available to the manager could develop into a major problem in so many ways.

When Shah and his group made their initial interest known, Rothschilds would have had the selling price and debt with any other add ons to hand.

No point finding a buyer, then trying to sting them......wasting everyone's time and money ......... not to mention the short term damage it is causing to team building.

There has to be another angle on this.

Is there another bidder ..???

JW has stated on more than one occasion, there is more than one interested party.

The recent leak that Shah would put up the 35-45m leaked why?? they would have been warned about their conduct after the initial leaks. I

You only do such a thing to put pressure on the sellers.

{a} If you feel your bid is faltering for reasons unknown to yourselves.

{b} You feel someone has the potential to out bid you with a better overall package.

All this the Shahs don't have the money is rubbish IMO.

Perhaps if there is another bidder, we may just prefer that initial interest/bid but if it is not as advanced we are playing for time, allowing them catch up.

All this the Shahs don't have the money is rubbish IMO.

I dunno, it seems the most logical answer to me.

I can't believe for a second that someone with enough wealth to buy a Premier League team can't be traced on the internet.

For me it stinks like the Portsmouth takeovers did, they were 'said' to have funds but nobody could find any evidence. The 'uncle on the Indian IPL board' sounds like a desperate claim for credibility.

I dunno, it seems the most logical answer to me.

I can't believe for a second that someone with enough wealth to buy a Premier League team can't be traced on the internet.

For me it stinks like the Portsmouth takeovers did, they were 'said' to have funds but nobody could find any evidence. The 'uncle on the Indian IPL board' sounds like a desperate claim for credibility.

The trust will be paying Rothschilds a fortune for finding a buyer.

Do you really think they have been hoodwinked, or conned them for so long?, I don't think so.

There is something in the bid that does not stack up, maybe to many slices in the pie or their proposals to take the club forward are not deemed sustainable in the mid/long term.

What if all this bollywood stuff falls flat on it's face?.

What if the IPL version of footy does not come off?

Where do they take us from there? Down to the deepest depths, with probably no plan B.

It's all a big risk, there is risk in any change of ownership, but this appears to be a massive risk.

It's all a big risk, there is risk in any change of ownership, but this appears to be a massive risk.

Agreed it is a big risk but surely a decision has to be made on the matter one way or the other. If you feel that the risk is there is No plan B, then im sure the trust would have had a meeting or something in regards to it and if they felt the risk or proposed plan was not satisfactory then that would be the end of it. It would not take this long to establish. I feel the bigger risk is allowing this to go on because our squad is suffering and we NEED a striker. This result of this time for a decision to be made could cost our club more than the amount the trust are holding out for. If we do go down this season I think it will be very hard to come back up and then what?

I think the process and interest has been going on even longer.

That tells me two things:

1 - there is a disagreement on valuation, tied in with a question of what funds the buyers have available to [a] buy the club and run it.

2 - Rovers and their owners desperately want there to be a deal. If not they would have rubbished them. And if this fails it's Plan B in the transfer market and the downward spiral that might risk, plus the questions about exactly how well the Trustees support their club.

I have to say some of the negative stuff about this Indian move puzzles me. WHY are some people dead against it when they do not have the facts?

If the Indian group do not complete the takeover, they will be an embarrassment in their own country, in the light of the little comments that they have been leaking. I am not against this Indian lot - bascially as I know nothing about them, it would be wrong to be negative towards them. But why would they allow these leaks if they were not serious about taking over Rovers.

Where do they take us from there? Down to the deepest depths, with probably no plan B.

Speaking of Plan B, his recent release, the Defamation of Strictland Banks, features some of the following tracks: Welcome to Hell, Hard Times, Darkest Place, Prayin', and What you gonna do.

How fitting!!

Speaking of Plan B, his recent release, the Defamation of Strictland Banks, features some of the following tracks: Welcome to Hell, Hard Times, Darkest Place, Prayin', and What you gonna do.

How fitting!!

Lost me there for a minute, read it twice, checked it out. Fitting indeed, Plan C is now the only option.

Exactly, it is the Trust and not Rovers who are paying Rothschilds.

No doubt Rothschilds have a service fee covering all the Trust's business and a success fee on completion of transaction.

Any commercial organisation would be dumping those costs on Rovers.

Agreed it is a big risk but surely a decision has to be made on the matter one way or the other. If you feel that the risk is there is No plan B, then im sure the trust would have had a meeting or something in regards to it and if they felt the risk or proposed plan was not satisfactory then that would be the end of it. It would not take this long to establish. I feel the bigger risk is allowing this to go on because our squad is suffering and we NEED a striker. This result of this time for a decision to be made could cost our club more than the amount the trust are holding out for. If we do go down this season I think it will be very hard to come back up and then what?

Sometimes it is better to let someone else sweep the dust under the carpet for you, then again a friendly wind might just do the job for you.

As for the transfer window and our status , I agree totally with you view.

Exactly, it is the Trust and not Rovers who are paying Rothschilds.

No doubt Rothschilds have a service fee covering all the Trust's business and a success fee on completion of transaction.

Any commercial organisation would be dumping those costs on Rovers.

Do you think then, to secure their additional fees, they are just pushing anyone with an interest through the door?.

If that is to be the case I doubt their retainer will be being paid for much longer.

Your mail box is full. Re holidays.???

Do you think then, to secure their additional fees, they are just pushing anyone with an interest through the door?.

If that is to be the case I doubt their retainer will be being paid for much longer.

Your mail box is full. Re holidays.???

I think we should take what JW and the Trust have said at face value. The Rovers will be sold to somebody who can do a better job going forwards than the Trust can.

The hard fact is the club has been on the market now for several years, a number of potential buyers have come forwards and none have acquired the club. Therefore it looks pretty self-evident to me that Rothschilds are doing a very effective job of screening wannabe purchasers out.

The Walker Trust has many interests of which the Rovers is a relatively small portion- Rothschilds are, I believe, retained to proved investment banking services in general to the Trust and this banking relationship is at least 25 years old. So I very much doubt their retainer is at any undue risk.

For the reasons I spelt out in an earlier post, I do think the Shahs are looking less and less likely to acquire the club as every day passes without confirmation that due diligence has started. The Shahs having over five weeks twice said due diligence was under way when it wasn't, it seems pretty far-fetched to envisage due diligence rights now being granted and both parties saying nothing.

For the reasons I spelt out in an earlier post, I do think the Shahs are looking less and less likely to acquire the club as every day passes without confirmation that due diligence has started. The Shahs having over five weeks twice said due diligence was under way when it wasn't, it seems pretty far-fetched to envisage due diligence rights now being granted and both parties saying nothing.

Have I missed something ? I have not seen anywhere that the club have come out and said that the latest reports of Due Diligence is not taking place.

Archived