BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

Why would the existing board want to conceal what is going on?

If they've said due diligence hasn't begun then I am happy to believe them.

Exactly. There's no reason at all for the Club to deny that due dilligence is taking place when it is as presumably the party concerned will have been granted a period of exclusivity.

The reverse is probably true, if any party gets that far I would have thought Rovers would want to share the good news with the world asap. That way it would allay the criticism from the fans that nothing seems to be happening and if there are any other interested paties they will be aware that they would have to move sharpish should the original party not complete within the required timescale.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't understand why the take over is taking so long, I can't remember any other take overs taking this long. Are they talking for an hour a week or something. I'm getting the feeling this will all be a giant waste of time and the trust will be stuck with us. If nicko is right in saying the trust may know put there hands in their pockets I think it's a sure sign of them losing confidence of deal going ahead.

this is really borrrrrring :angry2:

Of course it's boring, the whole process is being run by accountants!

They are hardly the life and soul of any party (EVER.)

Patience! These things take time, and thus far, it hasn't made the slightest bit of difference in our current predicament, i.e. We're skint and Sam will have to weave more of magic with freebies and the odd gem.

Keep the faith! We've got a good chairman, so let's let him do his job.

by the way Nicko can you confirm the guy registered on this board as S.Shah is this who I think it is? Is he trying to find out what our supporters are like?. Thanks as ever for your valuable info.

That HAS to win post of the year!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

by the way Nicko can you confirm the guy registered on this board as S.Shah is this who I think it is? Is he trying to find out what our supporters are like?. Thanks as ever for your valuable info.

face_palm.gif

face_palm.gif

Brfcrule.

The reason that people have responded to you like this, is that it is really obvious that Saurin Shah is posting here...

Surely you didn't need to ask when it was as clear as day it's him...

<_<

Be grateful for small mercies.

Despite these sort of posts, BRFCrule1's made great strides forward ref punctuation and making posts readable. It's not long ago they werebarelyreadablebeingjustablockoftextwithonlyspacesbetweenwordsifwewerelucky. Just content to go now ;)

Rooster has bravely stepped into the space left by BRFCrule1. Good to see.

Strange comment, I could swear the other day you had mentioned the fact that they were at the Arsenal game.

I didn't even know about that.

But even if they were there...I doubt that was because they have a genuine interest in the history and traditions of the club, more like businessmen taking a look at the potential stock they might be buying.

But even if they were there...I doubt that was because they have a genuine interest in the history and traditions of the club, more like businessmen taking a look at the potential stock they might be buying.

Did the goal posts just move.

As for the Arsenal game, it has been mentioned in God knows how many posts in the last few weeks.

If I was wrong linking you to those comments, I apologize. ;)

Guest roverspogges

Problem solved lads and ladies I've just won the lottery in the UK and the US. I will be putting in a bid soon. My first priority is to re-sign francis jeffers any suggestions will be welcomed.

Problem solved lads and ladies I've just won the lottery in the UK and the US. I will be putting in a bid soon. My first priority is to re-sign francis jeffers any suggestions will be welcomed.

Did you give the nice man from Nigeria your bank account info already?

Judging by what Nicko has just said on the summer transfer topic, i wouldn't be expecting new owner before the transfer window shuts. Could be another person interest in the club. Nicko doesn't know the name of him but there could actually be something done on that front shortly. Now wait and see

The club (or Trust) must think there is a strong chance of a takeover occuring before the transfer window closes or they would never have published the fact that the club has 2 transfer lists---one for if a takeover occurs and a second in case it doesn't.

Personally I find it humiliating to read the paper today and find that we have been "foiled" in our attempts to sign Beattie. Good in a way because I don't want him but these are the depths we have reached.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Good spot Holmes, now he can put that in his pipe and smoke it!! :lol:

+1 Watson, for sure. ;)

Meanwhile, Moriarty's accomplice reveals little. So who is this dastardly imposter, S.Shah of Sabdenshire, and will he ever make a bid for the most treasured prize of all? Will he buggery.

Back at the dimly lit gentleman's club, Mr Nathaniel is entertaining his esteemed guests, his entourage and himself simultaneously. "It's due dil, dude. 24/7. U want dd, u got it."

Watson seemed perplexed, but Holmes nodded wisely.

Guest roverspogges

The other day I read about Championship club Ispwich, who finished 15th, had bid over £3m for a striker.

That is when the financial problems properly hit me. :lol::(

I think we just have to laugh

Not bad, but I think we might be better re-signing Dougie and Ronnie.

Did you give the nice man from Nigeria your bank account info already?

Oh did you get an E-mail from him too? He really sorted out my banking problems for me....so nice and helpful!

I'm just as frustrated as everyone else but cast your minds back to the summers we signed RSC and Bellamy. they were both quite late in the close-season so not all doom and gloom yet. OK, our sutuation is a bit different at the moment but whatever happens with this takeover drama, our long-term future is the most important. We'll surely get some players signed before the season starts one way or another. Have faith people, be patient and put some trust on the club. Whatever you think about JW, he surely has BRFC's interests as his priority and we have to assume he knows what he's doing.

Archived