BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

Slightly off topic.

Leicester City's alleged take over does not seem to be going to well either.

Taken from BBC sport.

Leicester City chairman Milan Mandaric insists he has not already agreed to sell the club but has reiterated his desire to attract further investment.Several newspapers suggest Mandaric will sell up and quit as chairman.

But Mandaric told BBC East Midlands Today he is looking for a partner to help take City to the Premier League and that has been the case for months.

He said: "I may sell a small part and stay as chairman but if the deal is not right for the club I won't sell."

Mandaric spoke of his interest in bringing further investment to the club when new manager Paulo Sousa was unveiled last month.

And he once again confirmed he has been speaking to a number of interested parties but says those talks are ongoing.

A club statement added: "If any discussions with any interested parties lead to concrete agreement regarding a partnership to assist in moving the club forward, Leicester City fans will be the first to know."

Was their potential investors or some of them, not linked with us, Thai/Indonesian.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have I missed something ? I have not seen anywhere that the club have come out and said that the latest reports of Due Diligence is not taking place.

The link to the Telegraph quoting John Williams saying there is no due diligence taking place is a few pages back on this thread. He did not say so directly but Andy Cryer linked it to the unattributed comments that appeared in various Indian and Middle Eastern papers at the weekend.

The Thais in for Leicester are I understand linked to but different from the Thais who looked at us. The negotiations over Leicester have been going on since January to my knowledge- perhaps longer.

The link to the Telegraph quoting John Williams saying there is no due diligence taking place is a few pages back on this thread. He did not say so directly but Andy Cryer linked it to the unattributed comments that appeared in various Indian and Middle Eastern papers at the weekend.

So we are still assuming that there has been no due diligence taking place. No official quotes from the club, to counter claim what was said by the media earlier in the week ?

Sorry to you Philip if it sounds like I am having a go at you, it just goes to show no one really knows what is happening and we will probably only be told if the takeover happens or if talks are ended.

Not wishing to be pernickety but:

Williams said: “Obviously we are aware of fresh impetus with regards the potential sale of the club, with at least one potential new buyer being identified.

“In the event of a successful sale, and money being made available, we do have a list of players available in the back of our minds.

“But in the meantime we have a job of work to do and we are not allowing any talk regarding potential new ownership put us off that.

“We will continue to go on as we are and we are still weighing up different options we have available to us.”

With the only mention of no movment coming from the LT itself:

While there remains real interest in the sale of Blackburn Rovers, the Lancashire Telegraph understands no bid has been accepted and no period of due diligence reached.

You are joking aren't you?

It's clear he's getting increasingly hacked off with the state of limbo and we cannot afford to lose him.

really?

i got my hopes up when the foreigners were interested

Just a thought already the Shah's have said due dilligence has begun twice but Rovers have denied this could this possibly be a smokescreen that due dilligence has begun while keeping it quiet because of the NDA?. Just a thought.

by the way Nicko can you confirm the guy registered on this board as S.Shah is this who I think it is? Is he trying to find out what our supporters are like?. Thanks as ever for your valuable info.

Judging by what Nicko has just said on the summer transfer topic, i wouldn't be expecting new owner before the transfer window shuts. Could be another person interest in the club. Nicko doesn't know the name of him but there could actually be something done on that front shortly. Now wait and see

Judging by what Nicko has just said on the summer transfer topic, i wouldn't be expecting new owner before the transfer window shuts. Could be another person interest in the club. Nicko doesn't know the name of him but there could actually be something done on that front shortly. Now wait and see

That's not what nicko said at all on the other thread. He said there might be something happening on the striker front.

That's not what nicko said at all on the other thread. He said there might be something happening on the striker front.

Nicko did talk about the potential second bidder earlier. said he didnt know who he was and seemed a bit sceptical if there actually was one. Suggested that it might be the board trying to manouvre for a higher bid.

Archived