BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

One has to ask why they hadn't been running round looking for players within budget beforehand.

I heard - despite the denials - that nothing was coming in or going out during the takeover 'talks' of the past few weeks.

The manager obviously broke ranks by admitting that last week and since then real efforts are being made.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just clarifying my earlier comments.

Out with friends last night and one of them works for one of the top law firms in London.

Don't usually talk Rovers because he frankly does not care, also he is not interested in football - however mentioned that we are potentially getting taken over and he replied yes I know, my company is looking at it. He firmly said he cannot say anymore and seemed uncomfortable when I probed him on it.

Hardly ground breaking stuff but thought I would pass on the info...

Out with friends last night and one of them works for one of the top law firms in London.

Don't usually talk Rovers because he frankly does not care, also he is not interested in football - however mentioned that we are potentially getting taken over and he replied yes I know, my company is looking at it. He firmly said he cannot say anymore and seemed uncomfortable when I probed him on it.

The ground breaking stuff was "we are very close to be taken over" what led you to write that, is it just a personnel opinion.

Do you've the courage to mention what law firm he works for? (even if it's just in a PM)

I asked if we are close to being taken over and the answer was yes, they (his company) are looking at it. Said there were some key aspects to go through which usually make/break these deals.

Going to ask him for more info later today/tomorrow - as I said, don't think he was too keen to give much more info.

Do you've the courage to mention what law firm he works for? (even if it's just in a PM)

No.

I asked if we are close to being taken over and the answer was yes, they (his company) are looking at it. Said there were some key aspects to go through which usually make/break these deals.

Going to ask him for more info later today/tomorrow - as I said, don't think he was too keen to give much more info.

No.

Thanks for clarification.

Nicko, do you know who the second bidder is? British? Overseas?

John, if you can find out whether the company maybe buying the club is british or from overseas?

Supposedly American...I stress 'supposedly.'

I heard - despite the denials - that nothing was coming in or going out during the takeover 'talks' of the past few weeks.

The manager obviously broke ranks by admitting that last week and since then real efforts are being made.

I can understand their not buying or even bidding but surely they identified them and made preliminary enquiries as to if we were interested would he be available? It shouldn't be a mad scramble now. More a case of further enquiries. But then this is Rovers we're talking about! :D

There are so many issues to be settled right now that it is hard to keep up.

I hear this 'second bidder' that is being talked about and leaked may have been on the scene for about six months.

No idea when the Indians will ever come up with an offer or a request for due diligence.

And the manager's outbursts have got people running around looking for players within the budget in a very difficult market.

Stormy.

If it is being talked about and leaked, are you awhere of those involved who have been on the scene for the past 6 months. I was under the impression that you thought there may not be a second bidder. Yet today you believe ther is. if they have been around for 6 months they have certainly kept it quiet.

If we are close to a takeover, it would be stupid to go out and buy a poor cheap player.

If the takeover will free some extra money for transfers why not wait.?

It would allow us to look at better quality players, one could hope.

At least we havent sold our best players this year.

If it is being talked about and leaked, are you awhere of those involved who have been on the scene for the past 6 months. I was under the impression that you thought there may not be a second bidder. Yet today you believe ther is. if they have been around for 6 months they have certainly kept it quiet.

I am told the 'second bidder' is 'American' in some way...and this lot have been lurking for around six months.

That would tell me they are in the tyre kicker category.

However their presence is being whispered again, so who knows. Maybe it is an attempt to get the Indians to hurry up or pay more.

Either way we are no nearer to a solution as far as I can see.

I am told the 'second bidder' is 'American' in some way...and this lot have been lurking for around six months.

That would tell me they are in the tyre kicker category.

However their presence is being whispered again, so who knows. Maybe it is an attempt to get the Indians to hurry up or pay more.

Either way we are no nearer to a solution as far as I can see.

Interest news but not surprise that we are not any nearer to a solution! I don't think the Indians want to pay whats being ask for. They be interest in the club for 3 months and since having put a bid in or look at the accounts. So don't think they will buy the club now. Personally don't think they had the money to buy the club and more of a PR exercise in my view!!! Be interest if the American have the money to be the club and wonder if they have been to a game or a look around Rovers ground and facilites at Brockhall! Wonder who it could be?

Interest news but not surprise that we are not any nearer to a solution! I don't think the Indians want to pay whats being ask for. They be interest in the club for 3 months and since having put a bid in or look at the accounts. So don't think they will buy the club now. Personally don't think they had the money to buy the club and more of a PR exercise in my view!!! Be interest if the American have the money to be the club and wonder if they have been to a game or a look around Rovers ground and facilites at Brockhall! Wonder who it could be?

I wonder if Shah has proved he has the financial Backing yet? I heard there was a problem surrounding his potential backers, Theres been too many clubs allow these "business men" to takeover without having the sufficient cash to take the club forward.

Btw ive just noticed im on the girlfriends brothers account.

these are actually the views of ....Hi Mack!! :blink:

None of these so-called takeovers are inspiring me with any confidence. It doesn't sound like any progress is being made. I appreciate there's certain legal and financial red tape that has to be processed when taking over a business, but surely if you've got the capital it should be a relatively smooth transaction?

None of these so-called takeovers are inspiring me with any confidence. It doesn't sound like any progress is being made. I appreciate there's certain legal and financial red tape that has to be processed when taking over a business, but surely if you've got the capital it should be a relatively smooth transaction?

I agree,

I know a deal involving 25M+ cant just be done overnight, but surely after 2 months there should have been more progress. Thats what makes me think the cash simply isnt there and that Shah is still looking for backers!

Archived