BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

500 million on planes!!! 2.5 million for rovers - sorry tony

I've been away for most of the last 3 weeks. There have been pages and pages on this topic whilst I've been away. If this comment is a reflection of the sum total of knowledge we have got to after this debate I give up.

it beggars belief that they wont spend large amounts of money on us, if they spent even a tenth of that money on us, we would be at least european/champions league challengers.

Trustees make me sick!

The Trustees have been very good to the Rovers. While they stopped putting money in a few years ago, they haven't exploited the club financially. If they were entirely money oriented, they would sell/encumber everything, take the Rovers down, and then pocket the parachute payments. They probably could turn a quick 50-100 million if they were being unscrupulous. That the Trustees haven't done that speaks very well of them.

The Trustees are honest business people. They are looking to make a profit. It can't be done in football's current climate. So rather than take the low road (driving Rovers into the ground for a return of tens of millions), they have elected to tread water for as long as possible until a suitable buyer can be found. They deserve our thanks, not condemnation.

The Trustees have been very good to the Rovers. While they stopped putting money in a few years ago, they haven't exploited the club financially. If they were entirely money oriented, they would sell/encumber everything, take the Rovers down, and then pocket the parachute payments. They probably could turn a quick 50-100 million if they were being unscrupulous. That the Trustees haven't done that speaks very well of them.

The Trustees are honest business people. They are looking to make a profit. It can't be done in football's current climate. So rather than take the low road (driving Rovers into the ground for a return of tens of millions), they have elected to tread water for as long as possible until a suitable buyer can be found. They deserve our thanks, not condemnation.

ok...what?

Today I did not gun down 10 people on the street. Where is my medal of virtue?

Has society really gone so utterly **** that we have to be thankful simply for not being run into the ground?

nicko, have you found out who the American is who was OR is still interest in Rovers? Was speaking to somebody at work who know some of the directors at Rovers and said he had heard that some american person was interest in Rovers but can't remember his name!

nicko, have you found out who the American is who was OR is still interest in Rovers? Was speaking to somebody at work who know some of the directors at Rovers and said he had heard that some american person was interest in Rovers but can't remember his name!

micky mouse probably with the way its going!!

So the Trust are as good a set of owners as I or you or almost everyone on this board would be. Praise be!

How do they compare to, say, Al Fayed? Or Bolton's owner? Or Whelan? Almost all the owners of Premier League clubs are not only not running their clubs into the ground but are also spending on their upkeep. Compared to the average EPL owner, the Trust are off the pace and have been for quite a while.

This close season has been a shambles

They were required to. That was no secret.

Paul Egerton-Vernon

And Paul Egerton-Vernon, the Walker family solicitor, stressed that there was no question of funding for the club drying up following Jack Walker's death.

"There seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding that there is an ever shrinking pot of money that is available," said Mr Egerton-Vernon, who chairs the trust holding company which looks after the Walker businesses including Rovers.

"That is not the case. There are other businesses apart from the club which generate profits which are available.

"The fans need not be concerned in any way. The club is provided for for the foreseeable future. Jack was not a short term man," said Mr Egerton-Vernon"

accordding to this The Due diligance has already been done!

Latest on the subject by Big Sam........see capitals for my take and the Message Sam is giving.

"Yes, there is truth in a possible takeover but it has been a

considerable time since THIS consortium has been looking at possibly

purchasing the club," he said.

"It will be VERY CLOSE to a decision one way or another. They've had

all the information and all the DUE DILIGANCE DONE that they need to

do. That consortium probably needs to MAKE a decision one way or the

other whether it is the right thing for them or not.

"It is very important for the whole club, particularly IMPORTANT for

me to know exactly where the club is going. If you are getting new

owners you want to know what they want to do and how they want to

progress as a football club, which is important for ME and the players

here."

accordding to this The Due diligance has already been done!

Latest on the subject by Big Sam........see capitals for my take and the Message Sam is giving.

"Yes, there is truth in a possible takeover but it has been a

considerable time since THIS consortium has been looking at possibly

purchasing the club," he said.

"It will be VERY CLOSE to a decision one way or another. They've had

all the information and all the DUE DILIGANCE DONE that they need to

do. That consortium probably needs to MAKE a decision one way or the

other whether it is the right thing for them or not.

"It is very important for the whole club, particularly IMPORTANT for

me to know exactly where the club is going. If you are getting new

owners you want to know what they want to do and how they want to

progress as a football club, which is important for ME and the players

here."

Where have you got this from? A link to the website this is from perhaps?

It has alot to do with football, in particular Rovers. I seem to remember, talk that Flybe had financial troubles. unless i dreamt it, which i know there was talk of it.

How do you justify spending so much money, and refusing to spend a little bit on Rovers each year. I could understand, if they were not making money at all, then it would make no sense to splash money on Rovers. The 5 Billion spent, shows that they really have no interest in Rovers.

Flybe have not spent £5b. They have not had money from the Trust for years. It is a profitable company. It will all be funded through commercial finance deals - NOT by the Trust. The extra planes will depend on achieving their planned growth.

Guest Kamy100

I think that Big Sam is getting confused about what exactly Due Diligence is. They Indian group may have an indication of certain things but formally the due diligence stage has not been reached. Also it depends on the buyers, for example the Due Diligence when Man City and Chelsea were bought was a mere formality, however with this consortium who may not have the deepest of pockets (compared to the Arabs at City) it may be a more involved process.

Where have you got this from? A link to the website this is from perhaps?

have you got a link to it?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/sydney-fc-paupers-of-festival-on-4m/story-e6frey4r-1225897160606

Seriously is it that hard to copy and paste a bit of the quote and search on Google? (although he should have provided the link I agree)

Archived