BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

Or making sure that they make enough money out of any deal, look at Wolves they were sold for £1 on the proviso that £70 million was invested, the Walkers want a pay off of £45 million pounds plus someone to take on the clubs debt, thats why the deal is taking so long

oh yes?

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

I have spent much of the last two weeks talking to Mr Shah's people, and to be honest I think that I am going around in circles. I have talked to at least four people who are part of his team and each one is talking from a different hymn sheet, each person contradicts the other, to be honest if these people are talking to Rothchild's on his behalf then I am not surprised that this process is taking such a long time.

I am led to believe that the biggest sticking point is future investment, the trust are willing to sell but will not sell to anyone who cannot guarantee investment over a number of years, this was one of the safeguards that Jack put in place before he died. The trustees can of course try and remove these safeguards but that would need every single beneficiary of Jack's will agreeing to the changes and that is not likely to happen.

I am still trying to get this interview for this site, I have told them that I do not want to talk about any takeover, just want to talk about Mr Shah, his background and his viewpoints on football, they are very reluctant to do this. I have asked numerous well connected people in Mumbai about Mr Shah, none of them had heard of him, they think that he is may have some business interests but no way is a multi-millionaire. This has led me to believe that he is just the front man for a consortium, now the key question is who else is involved in the consortium and what kind of financial backing they have.

There is no doubt that Mr Shah and his group have got further than most of the other previous takeover attempts but questions still remain, the main ones for supporters should be who are these people and crucially are they the right people for Rovers. I am beginning to have my doubts.

Thanks for the info Kamy.

To be honest, that pretty much confirms what I thought since the day we couldn't find a single piece of information on Shah.

If a 'consortium' (how I hate that word) is working the finance behind Shah then it will almost certainly be in the form of borrowing/debt.

We need to move away from this fairly quickly so we can start planning our season.

All the evidence suggests the present owners want the club off their hands and are willing to sell at any cost. Your rose-tinted view of the Walkers makes no sense at all.

Absolutely spot on.

Surely if the Walkers wanted us off their hands at any price the move would have happened already?

Isnt the whole reason for why this process is taking so long is because the Walkers/their representatives are ensuring that the people who are looking to buy the club have the financial capability to sustain the club in the long term..???

So why can't they protect their investment with some cash in the meantime?

If someone took the club on, with the agreement of future investment, what happens if they fail to deliver this? Doe's the ownership of the club go back to the trust?

I ask because I can't see it being feasible that the money would have to be put up first, as it would cost too much up front, but it must be regulated somehow if it's in the deal.

If something like this was the case, I would feel a bit easier about it.

I have spent much of the last two weeks talking to Mr Shah's people, and to be honest I think that I am going around in circles. I have talked to at least four people who are part of his team and each one is talking from a different hymn sheet, each person contradicts the other, to be honest if these people are talking to Rothchild's on his behalf then I am not surprised that this process is taking such a long time.

I am led to believe that the biggest sticking point is future investment, the trust are willing to sell but will not sell to anyone who cannot guarantee investment over a number of years, this was one of the safeguards that Jack put in place before he died. The trustees can of course try and remove these safeguards but that would need every single beneficiary of Jack's will agreeing to the changes and that is not likely to happen.

I am still trying to get this interview for this site, I have told them that I do not want to talk about any takeover, just want to talk about Mr Shah, his background and his viewpoints on football, they are very reluctant to do this. I have asked numerous well connected people in Mumbai about Mr Shah, none of them had heard of him, they think that he is may have some business interests but no way is a multi-millionaire. This has led me to believe that he is just the front man for a consortium, now the key question is who else is involved in the consortium and what kind of financial backing they have.

There is no doubt that Mr Shah and his group have got further than most of the other previous takeover attempts but questions still remain, the main ones for supporters should be who are these people and crucially are they the right people for Rovers. I am beginning to have my doubts.

Shah, uh.

What is he good for?

Absolutely nothing.

Nicko, just a quick question

I am led to believe that the biggest sticking point is future investment, the trust are willing to sell but will not sell to anyone who cannot guarantee investment over a number of years, this was one of the safeguards that Jack put in place before he died

Dosn't this fly in teh face of what you've previosuly said about there being nothing in the late jack Walkers will about the sale of the club. I'm not having a go but I'm sure I recall reading on here that there was nothing in the will about conditions of a sale. This clearly states that there si something there.

Nicko, just a quick question

Dosn't this fly in teh face of what you've previosuly said about there being nothing in the late jack Walkers will about the sale of the club. I'm not having a go but I'm sure I recall reading on here that there was nothing in the will about conditions of a sale. This clearly states that there si something there.

John Williams said there is nothing in the 'Jack's will' stuff.

But obviously if the people selling the club just now - the Trustees and Rothschilds - are suspicious of the buyers they would probably ask them how they were going to go about funding it in future.

Some of those connected with power just now are concerned that they sell to the wrong people, Rovers turns into Portsmouth...and the locals come looking for them to find out why they sold to them.

I know this is a real concern as one such figure has been admitting as much behind the scenes as recently as last week.

many thanks for the clarification. I knew I'd read somethign about there not being anything in the will about it.

At least the trust will not just sell to anyone. I just wish we could get a little financial input from them whilst they are trying to sell. That extra £3m a year now would be very handy indeed!!

many thanks for the clarification. I knew I'd read somethign about there not being anything in the will about it.

At least the trust will not just sell to anyone. I just wish we could get a little financial input from them whilst they are trying to sell. That extra £3m a year now would be very handy indeed!!

I am sure I read somewhere that one of the Walker 'extended family' companies bought a lot of expensive aircraft for their business recently.

Yet they cannot find the cash for as much as a free agent at Rovers.

Cue the Trustee cheerleaders screaming... :lol:

Here it is...really does make you think, doesn't t?

http://news.icm.ac.uk/business/flybe-to-buy-new-aircraft/6887/

I am sure I read somewhere that one of the Walker 'extended family' companies bought a lot of expensive aircraft for their business recently.

In the region of 500 mill, wasn't it?

Thanks for that Kamy but you are certainly not filling me with any confidence. In fact quite the opposite. imo this has 'dodgy deal' printed right though it like a cheap stick of seaside rock.

Shah, uh.

What is he good for?

Absolutely nothing.

Say it again.... ^_^

Yes you are correct - the trust has invested heavily in Brazilian talent in the form of the Embraer 175.

Oh Dear! why are we even entertaining all of this nonsense? Surely, if the above is whats happening, then we should not allow this people near to the club, let alone have them buy the club. Im beginning to think, that perhaps we have moved away from the Indians, and have moved to the rest of the interested buyers, which is why its just gone all quiet.

John Williams said there is nothing in the 'Jack's will' stuff.

But obviously if the people selling the club just now - the Trustees and Rothschilds - are suspicious of the buyers they would probably ask them how they were going to go about funding it in future.

Some of those connected with power just now are concerned that they sell to the wrong people, Rovers turns into Portsmouth...and the locals come looking for them to find out why they sold to them.

I know this is a real concern as one such figure has been admitting as much behind the scenes as recently as last week.

Self preservation, then.

I very much doubt the Walkers give a toss about the club's future.

£5 BILLION...sheesh.

and here we are asking for a few million extra, and are told to forget it. Yet they are recklessly splashing out billions on aircrafts, which actually makes one sick. They might have run this club well, but the sooner they go the better. Rather let JW and the rest of the board run the club, we doing it now without the Walkers money, so it wont be any different if they are no longer asscociated with the club. Just put us out of our misery. :angry2:

But whilst SA gets us finishing 10th with little investment the Trust are not going to lump any money in are they? I would be interesting to see what the Trust would do if we are bottom of the table at Christmas and looking in real danger of being relegated.

Didn't we see exactly what the Trust would do in your scenario when Ince was manager?

Alank & Philip are correct. People seem to think there's no investment going in to Rovers, but that's untrue.

It's just not obvious in terms of transfer cash & big wages.

There's a lot of us been saying for a long time the Premiership is unsustainable in terms of current wage bills versus income. The Trust is the best & safest long-term ownership of Blackburn Rovers we can have (without another Jack Walker).

£5 BILLION...sheesh.

An investment that will no doubt will yield a return..... I'd suggest all the savvy football club owners have left the game.

I suspect the delay is the trust doing thier own fit and proper person checks and not relying on the premier league.

The airline is an investment from which they will see a return, and probably a profit.

A football club is not.

But individual player purchases can be seen as investments, and can return huge amounts of money in short spaces of time.

Who knows what sort of financial situation we'd be in if we hadn't invested large amounts of money (for us) in the likes of Santa Cruz, Bellamy etc. a few years ago. We seem unable to make those sorts of signings anymore.

I know they won't do it though, if they weren't prepared to invest in Hughes then there is no hope. Is anyone in any doubt that Hughes would have returned more in player sales than the initial investment? Especially given that one of those he wanted to sign was Diarra (bought for £5m, sold for £18m).

The airline is an investment from which they will see a return, and probably a profit.

A football club is not.

The football club was never meant to be an investment. It was meant to be one of several beneficiaries until new owners were found who could take us forward.

That isn't happening as far as I can see.

Archived