BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's time to say 'Thanks, but no thanks' and move on here. We can't sit in limbo waiting for a takeover not knowing what our transfer kitty will look like.

I don't think that will get us anywhere. At the moment we have about £2.5m in the kitty and Sam is looking to use it and offload players. Stopping a takeover won't make money appear, the Trust aren't interested. The takeover is the only chance we have of getting money to spend this summer and Sam will have to use when/if it becomes available.

I know it is frustrating just waiting around but Sam et al will be actively looking around for players they want.

they are trying to buy a football club

these things take a lot of time

those saying we should walk away and not sell because it's taking too long are stupid. if they aren't right for the club then don't sell, but it's going to take this long whenever we sell and an opportunity like this might not come around again. we might be in a much worse position next time an offer comes in meaning the delay would hurt us even more than it will now.

Good report although lacking some key financial data. I would like to see a lot more detail around the 100m investment, ie. a progressive cashflow statement and balance sheet over the same period as the P & L.

From that report I think this is a key statement. Would the new owners be willing to invest that much over 10 years?

Rumour coming out of Blackburn is the Indians have said they can buy the club but wont have any money to spend on players. :wacko:

From the article posted up by Pete1981 earlier, if they cannot provide funds for transfer then the deal will not go through.

If this is the case that they do not have any money to invest in the playing side then this whole episode would have been a huge waste of time.

Fingers crossed it doesnt turn out that way......

It looks extremely unlikely at this juncture.

Would you like to expand a little on that Phillip? It could equally well be taken to mean that they are unlikely to provide any significant transfer funds after completing the takeover; or alternatively that they will not be buying the club at all. Which did you mean?

Football has gone mad. Americans, Indians, Russians etc buying up what were local football clubs just so we can fund the ridiculous wages of players like Roberts and Andrews.

This will all end in disaster sooner or later.

Football has gone mad. Americans, Indians, Russians etc buying up what were local football clubs just so we can fund the ridiculous wages of players like Roberts and Andrews.

This will all end in disaster sooner or later.

You forgot the Arabs, the Thais...troubling times.

I think Mr.Shah and Co. are actually dingles who are pretending to be interested so it stops the trustees from putting anymore more money into the club for transfers over the summer, therefore having no new faces in at the club until at least january which then could lead to a disastrous season which see's Blackburn Rovers Football Club relegated to the Championship..... just a thought :blush:

Andy Cryer, in response to a question about the takeover on the LT match thread:

Can't say too much about the potential takeover. No one allowed to break NDA - but don't assume Mr Shah is the only interested party [via Twitter]

Will the takeover be sorted by transfer window? My opinion - probably not. Things can change quickly, but whatever happens will be tight [via Twitter]

Archived