BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

Feel free to elaborate.

Gav,

Whats so different about the next two seasons than the last 8 or 9?

If the money gap continues to widen, it will simply make the teams coming up even more likely to go down, 9 teams have shorter odds than us this season to go down.... never seen a poor bookie!

As long as we can pay top class European wages we will be fine. I'm amazazed transfers still happen to be honest.

Predicting doom because the club is being run sustainable basis is somewhat flawed. I don't agree with your Premier League or bust argument.

1. The Trust don't pay the £3m each year anymore, that tap was turned off last year, so that's one difference to the past few seasons.

2. We can pay European wages by selling our best players at a high price to subsidise the extraordinarily high turnover to wage ratio we run.

3. The turnover/wage ratio increased last year to an all-time high across the league, and there is little to suggest this is going to stop, meaning even more of a squeeze will be put on. I don't consider that sustainable and neither do Deloitte in their report on the last season.

4. To imply that a professional organisation would sell a business because they didn't feel loved by customers is ludicrous, these are not teenagers they are businessmen.

5. You seem unable to make the distinction between two groups of people. Not everyone who wants the club sold is resentful of the Trust's role over the past decade, in fact I think you will find that this group is rather small.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. The Trust don't pay the £3m each year anymore, that tap was turned off last year, so that's one difference to the past few seasons.

2. We can pay European wages by selling our best players at a high price to subsidise the extraordinarily high turnover to wage ratio we run.

3. The turnover/wage ratio increased last year to an all-time high across the league, and there is little to suggest this is going to stop, meaning even more of a squeeze will be put on. I don't consider that sustainable and neither do Deloitte in their report on the last season.

4. To imply that a professional organisation would sell a business because they didn't feel loved by customers is ludicrous, these are not teenagers they are businessmen.

5. You seem unable to make the distinction between two groups of people. Not everyone who wants the club sold is resentful of the Trust's role over the past decade, in fact I think you will find that this group is rather small.

Good post Balwer.

I believe the £3 million was stopped a few seasons ago, there was a one off donation the season Ince took charge which was the first one in maybe two seasons from what I recall.

On point 5, I would say the group consists of one person, our old pal Vinjay. :lol:

Feel free to elaborate.

Gav,

Take a look at what teams around us are spending, thats the difference.

Our transfer budget this season is 2.5m, not enough to sustain premiership football in todays market. If we continue to spend on average 2.5 million a season we’ll be relegated, simple as that.

I think this was the point of Oscar's post, which resulted in the "tripe" post. And I agree. Whatever the reasons or rationale of the trust, I doubt the discussion or anger of the fans on message boards and the like caused them to take their ball and go home, like a bloodied kid after a schoolyard arguement.

Not everyone who wants the club sold is resentful of the Trust's role over the past decade, in fact I think you will find that this group is rather small.

I wouldnt bet on that. I'm in regular touch with lads I used to go to games with and to a man they are totally p1 ssed off with The Trust.

If they are still in control of the club this time next year I believe we will be in the Championship and looking for a manager daft enough to want to work for the club.

Feel free to elaborate.

Gav,

If the money gap continues to widen, it will simply make the teams coming up even more likely to go down, 9 teams have shorter odds than us this season to go down.... never seen a poor bookie!

As long as we can pay top class European wages we will be fine. I'm amazazed transfers still happen to be honest.

Predicting doom because the club is being run sustainable basis is somewhat flawed. I don't agree with your Premier League or bust argument.

Your comments don't really deserve any decent reply. If you seriously think the club is up for sale cos a few fans complained about lack of investment by the club then you lack any credibility.

I wouldnt bet on that. I'm in regular touch with lads I used to go to games with and to a man they are totally p1 ssed off with The Trust.

If they are still in control of the club this time next year I believe we will be in the Championship and looking for a manager daft enough to want to work for the club.

To clarify, I moreso meant the fans that have resented the Trust for the entire tenure, rather than just recently/currently. Obviously the longer they stay the bigger that group will likely grow.

Doesn't sound like much takeover talk progress here then...

Latest word from the bridge.

NVA Team locked dwn Black n White in Ayia Napa with Ace of Spades flowin like water n big performance by Champion n Addictive big up Sniper!

Doesn't sound like much takeover talk progress here then...

Latest word from the bridge.

NVA Team locked dwn Black n White in Ayia Napa with Ace of Spades flowin like water n big performance by Champion n Addictive big up Sniper!

Anyone care to translate into readable English?

'Black and White, Steak with black and white sauce, Ace of spades, drink I guess and the rest DJ's, I'm guessing.

The first I'm sure of, I dinned on it many times, many years ago granted.

As for the rest, over to someone else. ;)

'Black and White, Steak with black and white sauce, Ace of spades, drink I guess and the rest DJ's, I'm guessing.

The first I'm sure of, I dinned on it many times, many years ago granted.

As for the rest, over to someone else. ;)

Agree about the steak but I am thinking there is a bit more cryptic clues in the use of the 'caps', Nickos a Journo and his use of the english language will be pretty sound, so why the caps in areas where they would not normally be??

I'll go for.....

The good people of NVA are stuck with people of different races in Cyprus with Motorhead. We're travelling on a boat. Attended a highly entertaining show from the well known pop duo Dave Champion and Bob Addictive. Three cheers for Mr Sniper.

I'm down with the lingo me, innit.

Agree about the steak but I am thinking there is a bit more cryptic clues in the use of the 'caps', Nickos a Journo and his use of the english language will be pretty sound, so why the caps in areas where they would not normally be??

Fingers stuck on keys perhaps?

Well thanks folks for the various attempts at translation. Taking the "average" translation I get that the NVA team are out somwhere having a bloddy good night out at someone else's expense. Hope it is not going on the Rovers bill!!!!

I hope it's not another 10 years!!! Think Big Sam will walk away after this season IF there is no new investment in the club. Maybe Dan Williams would be interest again if the price drop. Would the trust and club not consider selling it for one pound like Jack Hayward did to Steve Morgan who has invest HIS own money into the club as part of the agreement. Just a thought.

Archived