BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

I wouldnt bet on that. I'm in regular touch with lads I used to go to games with and to a man they are totally p1 ssed off with The Trust.

If they are still in control of the club this time next year I believe we will be in the Championship and looking for a manager daft enough to want to work for the club.

So you and your mates think it would suit the trust to intentionally devalue their asset? Hell of a business plan that would be.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In response to the Trust have put us up for sale comments.

What is the perfect response to fans saying that the trust is holding the club back?

Also if Jack was alive today and the comment was made that he was holding the club back does anyone think he wouldn't do exactly what his trustee's are doing?

I suggest the only reason the club is up for sale is because of the ungrateful supporters suggesting that the Trust is having a negative impact on the club. Those who cant see the benefits of Trust ownership (£5 million quid interest free!!!) and running the football club on a sustainable basis are idiots. Unfortunately in my opinion I suspect its these very same idiots shouting their mouth off about the passive trust ownership that have brought us to this point.

If the vast majority of supporters were to protest and petition the trust to retain ownership of the club (on the basis of the club being self sufficient), I'm sure it would happen.

But it won't happen because too many people want to roll the dice....

Absolute nonsense Oscar.

The most charitable interpretation you can put on the Trustees stance is that they clearly recognise that we need more investment in the team than they are willing to provide and that is why they are attempting to sell the Club.

A less charitable interpretation might be that they are now desperate to offload us to the first purchaser willing to meet their asking price.

Either way it's nothing whatsoever to do with the comments of a few fans. You start your petition and see how far you get.

Incidentally we are only running on a "sustainable" basis at present because currently the TV deal keeps going up and up. Nothing to do with the owners in fact you might say we've kept our head above water thus far despite them not because of them.

So you and your mates think it would suit the trust to intentionally devalue their asset? Hell of a business plan that would be.

Intentional or not, isn't that exactly what they are doing in reality though?

Absolute nonsense Oscar.

You start your petition and see how far you get.

Minority opionion clearly, so not much point. I doubt there are enough of us who would like trust ownership to continue to even make a poll worthwhile.

The fact is we are where we are and whatever the reason we are up for sale, I don't like it but equally I dont have 40mill to do anything about it.

Your comments don't really deserve any decent reply. If you seriously think the club is up for sale cos a few fans complained about lack of investment by the club then you lack any credibility.

The point of my post was to express an opinion (I have got the right place to do that haven't I?) not attain credibilty in your eyes... so what was the point of yours?

Replying with "i'm not replying to you cause you lack credibilty" is a bit empty and pointless don't you think?

I doubt there are enough of us who would like trust ownership to continue to even make a poll worthwhile.

If the trustees were to go back to their original position of offering financial support, you would have plenty of signatories, but ownership without financial support - what would the point in that be?

We don't need the trustees to run the club, because the board already do that job.If they [the trustees] can't find anyone trustworthy enough to sell to, then they would be better thought of giving, or selling their shares [possibly at a knock down price] to the current Directors. After all, they are the ones actually running the football side of the club and they are true supporters of BRFC. Maybe the Directors could make a bid, with the trustees using the funds raised to re-invest into the club?

That must be better than the trustees selling to the wrong people.

Minority opionion clearly, so not much point. I doubt there are enough of us who would like trust ownership to continue to even make a poll worthwhile.

The fact is we are where we are and whatever the reason we are up for sale, I don't like it but equally I dont have 40mill to do anything about it.

The point of my post was to express an opinion (I have got the right place to do that haven't I?) not attain credibilty in your eyes... so what was the point of yours?

Replying with "i'm not replying to you cause you lack credibilty" is a bit empty and pointless don't you think?

Yesterday you claimed anyone who didn't want the trust to stay in place was stupid, today you are blaming those stupid people for forcing aforementioned trust to put up for sale the club they dearly love. A charitable opinion would be you are on a wind-up, a less charitable one would be you're just daft. I never once stated people shouldn't reply i said by posting such daft stuff it didn't merit expansion.

If the trustees were to go back to their original position of offering financial support, you would have plenty of signatories, but ownership without financial support - what would the point in that be?

More point in that than somebody making us spend money we don't have. It is massively unlikely we will find anyone who will put their own money in, and most Prem owners do nothing but saddle clubs with debt- often to themselves.

We don't need the trustees to run the club, because the board already do that job.If they [the trustees] can't find anyone trustworthy enough to sell to, then they would be better thought of giving, or selling their shares [possibly at a knock down price] to the current Directors. After all, they are the ones actually running the football side of the club and they are true supporters of BRFC. Maybe the Directors could make a bid, with the trustees using the funds raised to re-invest into the club?

That must be better than the trustees selling to the wrong people.

I agree this would be better. I agree with the other poster that it would be great if we would sell to the right investor for nearly nothing, leaving them funds to spare on players. However, neither of these will happen and the reason is simple. If the Trust were so generous that they would completely write off an asset they value (at varying times) at somewhere between £25-50 million for "the good of the club", I posit that they would be willing to invest their own cash in its progress now.

More point in that than somebody making us spend money we don't have. It is massively unlikely we will find anyone who will put their own money in, and most Prem owners do nothing but saddle clubs with debt- often to themselves.

You might think there's a point Bluebruce, but it isn't going to happen. Why would anyone want a structure where we have owners who do nothing and don't want to be there - and a board who run the football club?

You might think there's a point Bluebruce, but it isn't going to happen. Why would anyone want a structure where we have owners who do nothing and don't want to be there - and a board who run the football club?

Practically every successful limited liability company in the world has precisely that structure.

Depends on how much of a liability ownership is and how keen they are to be relieved of that responsibility. Some companies carry huge debts(not Rovers situation I know) and are sold for nominal fees.

Practically every successful limited liability company in the world has precisely that structure.

I guess the main question is whether the owners money would be safer and offer a better return elsewhere, and I think we all know the answer to that one.

JW might have felt a certain obligation to BRFC but I'd bet his obligation is much stronger toward his family. I'm sure the conditions of the trust will reflect that.

Just a thought.

It is now a month until the window shuts...so you can say with some certainty that there won't be any takeover done in time to finance any signing deals.

So isn't it time that the Trustees/board came up with the strategy of spending some dough now that the 'potential takeover' is not going to change the spending plans.

I think only the most optimistic of us would have thought we would have take-over money in this window. It would have been foolish for the club to plan based on that either.

We should have looked at the example of Birmingham last summer when the take-over happened in the summer.

So what's going wrong with our set-up then?

As for the current structure at Ewood it isn't working. I was derided weeks ago (or was it months?) for saying we hadn't a pot to p*** in but clearly we haven't.If no-one suitable wants the club at the asking price and the Walker Trust continues to fail to finance it some-one please tell me where we go from here apart from oblivion?

What use will your observation about structures be then? The operation was successful but the patient died comes to mind.

Just a thought.

It is now a month until the window shuts...so you can say with some certainty that there won't be any takeover done in time to finance any signing deals.

So isn't it time that the Trustees/board came up with the strategy of spending some dough now that the 'potential takeover' is not going to change the spending plans.

Mate, you'd be happy if rovers got took over by some headcase, borrowing tonnes and paying stupid wages to toss pots who don't give a monkeys about the club. We're here in the premiership, and this has been done by shrewd changes and investments at the right time in the right players....we'll always be this way and I for one am happy getting the odd semi-final, perhaps a europa league place isn't out of the question...We will go to the wall just like portsmouth did if we spend stupid money on crap that's swilling around at the monent....I'm troubled by your attitude....are you a rovers fan? If not, then why do you care...?

Mate, you'd be happy if rovers got took over by some headcase, borrowing tonnes and paying stupid wages to toss pots who don't give a monkeys about the club. We're here in the premiership, and this has been done by shrewd changes and investments at the right time in the right players....we'll always be this way and I for one am happy getting the odd semi-final, perhaps a europa league place isn't out of the question...We will go to the wall just like portsmouth did if we spend stupid money on crap that's swilling around at the monent....I'm troubled by your attitude....are you a rovers fan? If not, then why do you care...?

You really don't know who Nicko is? :blink:

What the hell are you talking about?

We should have looked at the example of Birmingham last summer when the take-over happened in the summer.

Birminghams only went so well because of the way he bought the club in a small chunk and then went on to purchase the rest during the season. It gave both parties plenty of time to look at all the facts.

Hasn't ours been rumbling on for a while anyway with tentative talks, etc. They should really have done a lot of background work and just be crunching some numbers by this stage. Still I guess you can't rush something as important as this is.

Just a thought.

Not holding my breath. Havn't they just spunked five BILLION on some Brazillian planes for a small airline?

Just a thought.

I believe you said yesterday that there was some news on the financial situation, but you did not to post it in case to allow somebody else to do it (something like that I cannot find the post0 what was that news?

Archived