BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bluerovers

So fresh from talking rubbish about Abramovich apparently being an unknown before he took over Chelsea, you're now reeling off a completely original Bombay TV link.

I wonder what that fine mind of yours will come up with next....

How about the fact that the statement only referenced where Syed grew up and not where he became a billionaire which is your line of argument. Your question should not be 'would you know a billionaire if he lived in Preston' but 'would you know a billionaire is he grew up in Preston, then moved thousands of miles away and then made billions' which makes the chances a lot slimmer (for example I know Richard Bramson lives in Oxfordshire but had to Wiki him to find out he grew up in London). Do we even know how often Syed is supposed to visit his childhood village?

So I'll take you seriously when you keep your arguments in context to the actual situation.

Oh and I'm still waiting for you to 'rubbish' what I said about Roman by simply posting a website with a date pre-2003 that references him...still waiting

It's the equivalent of someone looking for a billionaire from Mellor going to Blackburn.

Mellor is PART of Blackburn.

Blackburn to Accy is about 6.7 miles.....and if your from Blackburn you wouldnt say you where born in Accy.

Turf Moor to Ewood is 11.4 miles (Very similar) to the distance of the two places (which based in India isnt gauranteed to have the same quality transport links).....Now would you say Blackburn Rovers play their home games at Turf Moor???

Also for the 'nobody knows him arguement' - you do not know the demographics of the area, or whether the population is big or not. It may also be a financially deprived area so media may not be as in your face over there as it is in Britain.

Mellor is PART of Blackburn.

Blackburn to Accy is about 6.7 miles.....and if your from Blackburn you wouldnt say you where born in Accy.

Turf Moor to Ewood is 11.4 miles (Very similar) to the distance of the two places (which based in India isnt gauranteed to have the same quality transport links).....Now would you say Blackburn Rovers play their home games at Turf Moor???

Also for the 'nobody knows him arguement' - you do not know the demographics of the area, or whether the population is big or not. It may also be a financially deprived area so media may not be as in your face over there as it is in Britain.

For the first time ever, i agree with Hughesy

Woohoo we're famous!

And rightly bloody so.

Who else but a member of this forum can have more likes on his posts, on the Facebook page, than the actual owner of the account?

Disclaimer - This does not constitute the ego of this member. It simply states a fact that this forum makes investigative journalists tremble. All comments were made in a light hearted manner and does not deem necessary and ass chewing by Ste B or any other admin or mod type. All opinions are the members own and can not be blamed on this forum.

During the investigates program on Sunday night just befor they switch at 11.00min to the phone link with Joseph Anthony the reporter from Hindu News, Goldberg states that Syed had previously told the BBC in an interview the only one he had given them, that he stated (Ali) had told them he grew up in Bhongir.

That interview is here the first part of the interview about Syed's background has been edited out. It now starts in mid sentence of a reply from Syed.

Make of it what you will.

Guest bluerovers

Oh Tony, did you notice this on the facebook page?

"5 live Investigates Michael - we haven't published any of the letter. It was leaked to someone and published on the BRFCS site -- but not by us. We read the other information on the BRFCS site before we had received the letter ourselves. The site published the info at 17.25hrs. We didn't receive the email/letter with the statement until 18.14hrs."

That's a lie, it was a press statement sent to one of our forum members, there was no 'leak'....

But I suppose I'm just splitting hairs right?

Guest bluerovers

During the investigates program on Sunday night just befor they switch at 11.00min to the phone link with Joseph Anthony the reporter from Hindu News, Goldberg states that Syed had previously told the BBC in an interview the only one he had given them, that he stated (Ali) had told them he grew up in Bhongir.

That interview is here the first part of the interview about Syed's background has been edited out. It now starts in mid sentence of a reply from Syed.

Make of it what you will.

I remember that interview in full and can't recall him being specific with the place name, I would have remembered a funny name like that.

For a bit of fun and enlightment, as the main sources, would Kamy, Philipi, Brownie, Hughesy & Nicko give us their understanding of the runners and riders and their respective odds for completing a takeover.

Come on guys, we all deserve this at the end of a bloody hard week.

Good idea. You should also join in the fun as you've got thick rich vein of insider knowledge, right? Besides it'll serve as an example to the other gentleman you cited. ;)

Oh dear, this topic has reached all kinds of embarrassing. I feel sorry for the poor unsuspecting sap who's going to read through page over page of pedantic point-scoring.

That sap would be me. Ive been following this for a while now and if I can make a slight suggestion, how about a few 'your mum' jokes just to spice things up!! :tu:

There are some substantial points emerging at last:

- the BBC are retrospectively cutting stuff out of a Radio broadcast which has been up there for a week? :blink:

- Adrian Goldberg referring to a "leak" onto this website when the reality is that WGA's PR people prioritised keeping Rovers supporters informed whom they hope will be their paying customers before long- crikey Goldberg has lost sight of the basics there.

- Goldberg on Facebook refers to receiving a legal letter on behalf of WGA AG. So Ali Syed is attacking using the Swiss company which could be argued to be the direct sufferer of any loss caused by 5live Investigates. Tasty. B)

"5 live Investigates Michael - we haven't published any of the letter. It was leaked to someone and published on the BRFCS site -- but not by us. We read the other information on the BRFCS site before we had received the letter ourselves. The site published the info at 17.25hrs. We didn't receive the email/letter with the statement until 18.14hrs."

Ooo Ooo Glenn can we sue, can we, can we?!? Pleeeassee! :lol: Uncle Syed will pay the legal fees if we lose!

Archived