BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

From 5 Lives facebook page

5 live Investigates Glenn -- thanks for confirming the information you published was from a press release. As we've stated, we never received a press release from Citigate PR, nor from Julia Thiem at Western Gulf Advisory. We only received a letter from a lawyer representing WGA-AG -- albeit after details from the release you received had already been published on the news section of BRFCS.

I think Mr Syed rather than trying to go down the legal route should say to the BBC if you feature Blackburn as the one of the first 2 games at least once a month on MOTD we will call it quits :brfcsmilie:

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it's not the apology I hoped for, but at least it acknowledges we've done no wrong as they alleged, so the matter is considered dropped, I can now focus on more important things (like finding a bacon sandwich and getting to Eastlands).

Yeah, it's not the apology I hoped for, but at least it acknowledges we've done no wrong as they alleged, so the matter is considered dropped, I can now focus on more important things (like finding a bacon sandwich and getting to Eastlands).

You did brilliantly to get the letter out first [anywhere]. It was meant for the public domain clearly.

Mind you the BBC have not done much wrong either. Remember they checked their story with Syed's PR people last week and gave him the right of reply. They eventually got it yesterday.

Take a breath here...the BBC did break the fact that there was a £61,5000 debt to someone which has now been paid...I notice the LSE issue has not been addressed. The rent thing is a dispute between a tenant and a landlord.

Anyway, hopefully all of the minor point will be wiped away shortly and things will get serious and hopefully decisive.

More qualified people will get the answer on the background of the 1 billion dollar loan which is still THE factor in the whole thing for me.

Just to confirm I have 1st hand experience of private landlords, living in London and how they can ruin a person's life. In 2002 I lived in a privately rented flat & xmas of that year the boiler in my flat broke down. I phoned the landlord about 5-6 times over the xmas period but they had all buggered off on holiday to Turkey & refused to come and sort out the problem. The upshot I had to phone someone private to come out and sort out the problem & my parents paid the bill. I later deducted the money from the rent so that my parents were not out of pocket as they are OAP's & have always paid their taxes. After that they got nasty they also throughout the time I was there refused to service the gas meter or check the Electrics. In the end on the day before the notice to quit I managed to get my cat out & she stayed with a friend because I knew it would get nasty when I got back to the flat all my things were on the street they also told me earlier on in the day they got a court order to get me out now to this day I have never seen this court order whether they had got that I have no idea but I suspect they probably didn't. So the point I am making I guess when a private landlord and a tenant have a dispute over rent it is always exceptionally hard to prove. Even the day before when I came back to the property they had basically turned the flat upside down and made a mess of the place bit like the alleged Mr Ali's place not as much paperwork later he tried to accuse me of turning the flat upside down so with privately rented places when someone leaves it will always be one mans word against another & proving he owed that money is incredibly hard to prove & for all we know like the landlord I had for all we know the letting agent might have made that mess to try and give his story some credibility. Luckily now I am happy in council accomodation but from seeing how private landlords operate I would not be surprised to find out that story is a tissue of lies.

Just to confirm I have 1st hand experience of private landlords, living in London and how they can ruin a person's life. In 2002 I lived in a privately rented flat & xmas of that year the boiler in my flat broke down. I phoned the landlord about 5-6 times over the xmas period but they had all buggered off on holiday to Turkey & refused to come and sort out the problem. The upshot I had to phone someone private to come out and sort out the problem & my parents paid the bill. I later deducted the money from the rent so that my parents were not out of pocket as they are OAP's & have always paid their taxes. After that they got nasty they also throughout the time I was there refused to service the gas meter or check the Electrics. In the end on the day before the notice to quit I managed to get my cat out & she stayed with a friend because I knew it would get nasty when I got back to the flat all my things were on the street they also told me earlier on in the day they got a court order to get me out now to this day I have never seen this court order whether they had got that I have no idea but I suspect they probably didn't. So the point I am making I guess when a private landlord and a tenant have a dispute over rent it is always exceptionally hard to prove. Even the day before when I came back to the property they had basically turned the flat upside down and made a mess of the place bit like the alleged Mr Ali's place not as much paperwork later he tried to accuse me of turning the flat upside down so with privately rented places when someone leaves it will always be one mans word against another & proving he owed that money is incredibly hard to prove & for all we know like the landlord I had for all we know the letting agent might have made that mess to try and give his story some credibility. Luckily now I am happy in council accomodation but from seeing how private landlords operate I would not be surprised to find out that story is a tissue of lies.

Don't label all landlords as crooks because of one bad experience. You can have very similar scenarios the other way around too. My uncle let his flat out furnished, they nicked all the furniture didn't pay the rent and buggered off out of the country. The deposit covered some but not all. They also left the house in such a state it had to be completely redecorated.

have it on good authority that candles were burning brightly through the night in relation to this.

Nice to read thre comments about goldberg and 5live noninvestigation :rolleyes:

I imagine that the trustees are pulling out all the stops to get this thing done ASAP. With maybe three credible buyers in the picture, the time must be right. Failure to sell now could result in the club being left in limbo for years.

The time is right.

Don't label all landlords as crooks because of one bad experience. You can have very similar scenarios the other way around too. My uncle let his flat out furnished, they nicked all the furniture didn't pay the rent and buggered off out of the country. The deposit covered some but not all. They also left the house in such a state it had to be completely redecorated.

Indeed. Not all private landlords are crooks. In my experience it's only about 75% of them

Guest bluerovers

Indeed. Not all private landlords are crooks. In my experience it's only about 75% of them

To be fair we are talking about £800 a week, top class accommodation not some dingy flat you usually associate dodgy landlords with.

I imagine that the trustees are pulling out all the stops to get this thing done ASAP. With maybe three credible buyers in the picture, the time must be right. Failure to sell now could result in the club being left in limbo for years.

The time is right.

They say Christmas comes once a year, I doubt the trust will be believing that at the moment. ;)

Guest bluerovers

They say Christmas comes once a year, I doubt the trust will be believing that at the moment. ;)

Not if the three groups in questions turn out to be an Indian con-man with no funds, Surin Shah and the Madge, Harold & Toadfish group.

Moppy, I am sorry for what happened but I admit I did not explain my point at all clearly. I am not saying all private landlords are the same and yes I appreciate it can sometimes work the other way round where the tenant can leave a property in a state. The point I was trying to make was that proving either the tenant or the landlord is in the wrong is incredibly difficult so is difficult to say. For all anyone knows anyone could have taken that picture of a messy flat and say it was Mr Syed without proper proof or evidence you can't say either way. As for oweing money even then it will be near on impossible to prove also if indeed it is the same Ali Syed.

Moppy, I am sorry for what happened but I admit I did not explain my point at all clearly. I am not saying all private landlords are the same and yes I appreciate it can sometimes work the other way round where the tenant can leave a property in a state. The point I was trying to make was that proving either the tenant or the landlord is in the wrong is incredibly difficult so is difficult to say. For all anyone knows anyone could have taken that picture of a messy flat and say it was Mr Syed without proper proof or evidence you can't say either way. As for oweing money even then it will be near on impossible to prove also if indeed it is the same Ali Syed.

Tenancy agreement, terms and rights to access a property by the landlord, did you read them?. :rolleyes:

Archived