BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

So can someone summarise what is going on? I have sporadic access to the internet, so I am a bit mystified about the latest news. From what I can make out, Sayed seems to have answered the things the BBC investigation brought up, and there are other people interested in buying the club. Who are these other guys then?

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's in the same location but administered by the Ribble Valley for most things.

An eerie silence settles over the board, doubters tire of their own protestations their lack of energy matched only by the dying embers of those defending the cause. Who will be right.....if there is a right?

Still, saves wading through a load of s...e!!

An eerie silence settles over the board, doubters tire of their own protestations their lack of energy matched only by the dying embers of those defending the cause. Who will be right.....if there is a right?

Still, saves wading through a load of s...e!!

Number of reasons for it going quite

1. It's a Match day, we have better thing to talk about

2. Weekend so nobody is expecting any business to get done today

3. Jewish Holiday See above

will expect loads more rumors to start again on Monday, still I sit quietly with candles lit waiting to hear news :tu:

will expect loads more rumors to start again on Monday, still I sit quietly with candles lit waiting to hear news :tu:

I know - I was just bored and full of red wine. I actually miss the debates.

I don't think you did RE at school

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2010/09/12/billionaire-ahsan-ali-syed-closes-in-on-blackburn-rovers-takeover-102039-22554411/

Billionaire Ahsan Ali Syed closes in on Blackburn Rovers' takeover - Football News - Football - Spor

www.people.co.uk

billionaire Ahsan Ali Syed is ready to tie up a takeover deal for Blackburn Rovers this week – as he speeds through his swoop to beat off two rivals.

Guest bluerovers

I hope if the deal really was on the verge on collapse due to the BBC allegations the trust have had a little more than the statement we've read to turn it around...

I hope if the deal really was on the verge on collapse due to the BBC allegations the trust have had a little more than the statement we've read to turn it around...

I think the phrase "verge of collapse" is adapted for media elaboration.

The deal has rumbled on regardless, the fact that the BBC has thrown up various allegations have been resolved and any proven to true have been dealt with. Rothchilds and The Trust must have been satisfied that the funds are available, strange that the lecturer from Essex University hasn't, oh well!

I have been very much down the middle in terms of whether I want the deal to go through or not, mainly due to motives. I fully back the judgement of the Trust and the club, and whichever way they decide that we should go I will back it.

Ken Bates would either have to sell Leeds or reveal the mysterious ownership of Leeds is not him.

PL position is confused and confusing. As of Thursday last I believed Alan Nixon was correct in that the PL had not formally received any fit and proper application regarding the Rovers.

However, informally the PL have been kept closely informed at the very highest level and been asked a lot of what would happen if type questions and pre-clearance answers been encouraging.

That is my belief but I might be making all this stuff up of course.....

Watty if you are who I think you are this does you no credit.

I believe Ken Bates is one of the other mystery bidders.

I really hope you are having a laugh with that one :blink:

I'm telling you all, it's not going to happen, guarantee it, He's failed fit and proper

Well it wouldn't surprise me but thought he hadn't even submitted the test yet?

Watty if you are who I think you are this does you no credit.

And who is the mysterious Watty?

You couldn't make this stuff up :wacko:

I really hope you are having a laugh with that one :blink:

Well it wouldn't surprise me but thought he hadn't even submitted the test yet?

And who is the mysterious Watty?

You couldn't make this stuff up :wacko:

Actually you could but nobody would believe it. Life is often stranger than fiction.

Good god - been a reader on here now for 12 months or so - not posted in that time as can't normally be bothered.

I've been a season ticket holder for around 30 years so have seen the bad times come and go - Bristol Rovers away Mickey Speight hitting the bar from a free kick anyone?

Read all this talk with a bit of worry - uncle Jack was good for us - he was a real fan. Not sure any of the current interested parties are

If this takeover does go through i only hope that Sayed (or whoever gains control) becomes a fan too. If not the heart will be ripped out of the club we love and I will fear for the future.

Good god - been a reader on here now for 12 months or so - not posted in that time as can't normally be bothered.

I've been a season ticket holder for around 30 years so have seen the bad times come and go - Bristol Rovers away Mickey Speight hitting the bar from a free kick anyone?

Read all this talk with a bit of worry - uncle Jack was good for us - he was a real fan. Not sure any of the current interested parties are

If this takeover does go through i only hope that Sayed (or whoever gains control) becomes a fan too. If not the heart will be ripped out of the club we love and I will fear for the future.

It's a risk we probably have to take though. You can't keep spending nothing in comparison to all the teams around you and expect your team to keep pulling out results like yesterday. Players will see a lack of ambition at the club and start to make noises about moving on and if you still have no cash to replace them, then where do you go? I'm very sceptical about all the people who have come forward to buy the club or been rumoured to want to do so, but in the end we're going to have to bring in investment or start sliding down the leagues, and who knows where that might end. I spent most of my football supporting years watching lower league stuff and I don't really want to go back to it.

It's a risk we probably have to take though. You can't keep spending nothing in comparison to all the teams around you and expect your team to keep pulling out results like yesterday. Players will see a lack of ambition at the club and start to make noises about moving on and if you still have no cash to replace them, then where do you go? I'm very sceptical about all the people who have come forward to buy the club or been rumoured to want to do so, but in the end we're going to have to bring in investment or start sliding down the leagues, and who knows where that might end. I spent most of my football supporting years watching lower league stuff and I don't really want to go back to it.

Of course it's a risk - but surely its better to stick with your beliefs than sell out to the highest bidder - I know that all this has been covered in the previous 400 odd pages but felt I had to put my two pennyworth in.

I love Rovers but am also involved in youth football and see all the dissent, play acting etc coming through from watching the current "stars" of the premiership. I wonder if our takeover (if it happens - and I'll be jumping if we win anything again - hypocrit I know) will just add to this culture and eventually destroy the game we love.

Archived