BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that Mr Syed's background is a little bit sketchy and people are concerned that he may well not be true to his word, what guarantee will we have that the 300 million promised over 15 years actually gets put into the club.

If he does buy the club, will there be something legal in the contract that ties him to the promise he made of investment or will it just be his word?

Given that Mr Syed's background is a little bit sketchy and people are concerned that he may well not be true to his word, what guarantee will we have that the 300 million promised over 15 years actually gets put into the club.

If he does buy the club, will there be something legal in the contract that ties him to the promise he made of investment or will it just be his word?

I'm sure Philip could clarify, but in the case of Liverpool, they thought they had guarantees about what would happen in the future, but the new owners did not have to keep to them.

I imagine it would be the same for us.

The question is - in my opinion - where is this money from...

I would agree entirely with this view. What intrigues me is you have asked the question many times, and in a variety of ways, so I'm wondering if you know more than you're saying?

Of these quoted, I am interested in looking very quickly at Fulham.

They were nowhere when Al Fayed took over, with no possibality of getting into the top division, so I am sure their fans will be, and should be, delighted with him.

However, he's in his late 70's so we can only speculate what will happen when he dies.

We have been in that position for 10 years. The Trust have done an excellent job, in my view of running us.

Will Al Fayed have a similar interest in his club? Indeed, will he want to cash in and sell the club? I would imagine it would be very hard to find someone to take over who will take nothing out of the club as I imagine has been the case with the present owner.

Al Fayed is not in a position to cash in on Fulham. The club has accumulated losses / debt of £168m. While I'd agree Fulham have come a long way under Al Fayed's ownership it does leave a huge question mark concerning the club's long term future and, IMO, gives some pointers as to the problem Rovers will face........how to make further progress without accumulating significant debt?

Am tuning in to hear Goldberg's "Update on the man who wants to buy Blackburn Rovers"

I predict some baring of teeth, a fair amount of hot air and indignant chest puffing, then a convenient exit stage left, using the excuse that the story doesn't have legs any more...

We shall see.... well hear, I suppose.

Just as long as he is fair, impartial and objective. :wacko:

Never mentioned once in his build up, its all about cards, chinese triads and cheating at poker.

Said he was going to give an update at the top of the programme

Made reference to being accused of wrong-doing by lawyers, so this might be interesting.

Or it might be just a typical BBC treatment of Rovers (i.e. 30 seconds at the end of a prog)

:rover:

5 live Investigates Adrian Goldberg presents 5 live Investigates on BBC Radio 5 live tonight at 9pm.

This week we reveal how the world's largest online poker firm was forced to give refunds to more than 25,0000 players after they were scammed by Chinese gangs. Also: an update on last week's report on Ahsan Ali Syed, the man who wants to buy Blackburn Rovers...

Am tuning in to hear Goldberg's "Update on the man who wants to buy Blackburn Rovers"

I predict some baring of teeth, a fair amount of hot air and indignant chest puffing, then a convenient exit stage left, using the excuse that the story doesn't have legs any more...

We shall see.... well hear, I suppose.

Just as long as he is fair, impartial and objective. :wacko:

Haven't listened to it tonight and I would be very surprised if there's much about Mr. Syed at all.

Goldberg made a huge song and dance about this last week in order to get his new show off the ground.

They'll be wanting to sweep it under the carpet now, the less comeback and counter argument the better from their point of view.

Archived