BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

BBC didn't back down at all and stood by pretty much all the claims they've made, citing direct comments from Ali in a private interview as the main source of their information in regards to some of the allegations. Also brought up documents they've received from various authorities which suggest the debts they claimed Ali to have are legitimate and outstanding.

Another reason why he'll be unlikely to speak to the BBC again.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, they have a taped interview that they aren't allowed to play where Ali states himeself that he comes from the town that the BBC went investigating in.

No, he said their land was near the town....the BBC jumped to conclusions.

Basically Goldberg is still trying the "big up" his exclusive that is no more than a desperate clamour for listeners for what is an extremely boring radio version of Watchdog!

He did however say they had assumed Bongir was the home town, based on where he said his family owned land.

A fair enough comment, but why on earth that particular point was ever worth discussing in the first place, I don't know.

Sounds like the BBC's legal Dept had made sure that they read the solicitors letter out on the programme. In that letter Syed made the comment that these allegations were "damaging", - thus giving a warning of the possibility that he could sue.

Still not sure why some people are against the BBC investigation. I think it's great that it's been done. Surely best for the club that all this 'dirt' has been found out just in case Mr Ali isn't the chairman we all so desperately want. I do not want a crook to be in charge of our club. I want someone who wants to succeed by doing things in the right way and someone who we can all trust. At the moment I honestly can't say that I trust him enough for him to become our new owner. I personally still think Mr Ali has a lot to prove but I am also fully supporting whatever the club decide to do.

I wouldn't mind the club having a good chat with the other interested party.

The BBC have produced evidence to support each of their allegations.

Mr Ali and his very expensive team have been unable to refute a single one of them with any confidence.

I know which one I trust and I certainly would not be buying a used car from Mr Ali.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.........

I can't understand why so many are so bitter to Goldgerg and 5 Live. Personally I welcome all these allegations. If they are false they will be refuted. If true they will mean that the scrutiny of WGA and Mr Ali will be intense. I can't see how any of this can harm BRFC. There would be much more damage if the allegations were made the week after any takeover.

Mr Ali and his very expensive team have been unable to refute a single one of them with any confidence.

I know which one I trust and I certainly would not be buying a used car from Mr Ali.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.........

Can you afford a used car ......?

Get off the fence and say whether you want Mr Syed or not :lol:

A bit pointless trying to discuss this on here tonight, is it my pc or is the server slower than Mr Ali is in answering the allegations?

Come on guys crank the elastic band up a little :)

Its not your PC , mine is lagging like a monster tonight too, strangely enough it's not just this site :blink:

No they havent.

They had a landlord who 'claimed' he was owed money...what Evidence is that?? I say you owe me £5k for that house you rented off me....is that evidence to support my point?

A CCJ - which is now satisfied (fair enough they score a point here - but Syed proved his worth their by clearing it straight away)

And the town he lived in they guessed based on where they owned land!! :rolleyes:

Like its been said for weeks - if thats the best dirt they can dig up on a billionaire them im happy enough with that!

No they havent.

They had a landlord who 'claimed' he was owed money...what Evidence is that?? I say you owe me £5k for that house you rented off me....is that evidence to support my point?

A CCJ - which is now satisfied (fair enough they score a point here - but Syed proved his worth their by clearing it straight away)

And the town he lived in they guessed based on where they owned land!! :rolleyes:

Like its been said for weeks - if thats the best dirt they can dig up on a billionaire them im happy enough with that!

Yep - Have a good prod into my seedy background and you'll come up with more than that - and I've only got three bob!

No they havent.

Yep--at least we know for certain that Syed has a spare 61000 quid hanging around!

Fanstastic example there - obviously there is a sucess story however most of the takeovers have been negative for those clubs, and most of the takeovers in the Premier League have been from foreign "investors".

Conversely--how many English football clubs are in deep trouble but owned by Englishmen? Its a difficult business if you haven't bottomless pockets------ whatever your background.

Yep--at least we know for certain that Syed has a spare 61000 quid hanging around!

Did Goldberg actually concede tonight that Mr. Syed Ali had paid off the CCJ or do we just have the word of his PR team on that?

If it has been paid, it is at least evidence of a bit of liquidity NOW as you say.

Surely the basic point about the Goldberg "revelations" is that they have little relevance as far as BRFC are concerned, nor should they have any real relevance as regards the League's new ownership test.

All that matters should be whether he has the money he says he has and if so where does it come from?

As I understand it Goldberg is not making any accusations in that respect, all the rest is mischievous ****stirring.

Unfortunately, mud tends to stick as GOldberg well knows.

No they havent.

Well, Syed's lawyers claimed that the original BBC allegations were "false and misleading." and:

"Any attempt to suggest that Mr Ali has a questionable track record in business and is therefore unsuitable to take over Blackburn Rovers is a false and damaging allegation.”

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/burnley/premierleague/8386017.Indian_tycoon_responds_to_BBC_allegations/

The BBC have repeated their allegations and say that they stand by them. If they are damaging as his lawyers claim, we should see some fireworks now. I won't be holding my breath though.

just seen this comment on 5 live's facebook page:

John Dickinson

Well tonight you produced the evidence to back up your allegations and many Rovers fans owe you an apology - I wouldn't hold your breath though.

Over to Mr Ali now and I certainly won't be holding my breath waiting for his reply.

now i listened to this show tonight but i'm lost here, can anyone tell me what "evidence was produced"?

Syed pays £61,500, and leaves a trail of a massive £9000 in various unpaid debt.

If there was a shadow of doubt that these debts were due Syed's legal Dept, would have just told him to pay them, than the PR team come out with all the mitigating circumstances, from the time he left the flat In May 2005 and the CCJ being lodged in Jan 2007.

Noticed they failed to disclose any dates of the corroborating litreture they referred too.

IMO, Syed's team are confident the debts are not due, they've played a game of strategy drawing the Beeb out into the open, showing there hand in full or at least enough to now decide on the best form of defence/attack which ever way you look at it.

I would not be surprised if the Beeb will be hearing again from Syed's legal dept.

The two principle questions for most are still unanswered, where he and his money has come from.

Big day tomorrow in most peoples minds.

Archived