BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

Kamy it was posted on here at 6.05 by Ewoodglory 20 mins before you, no need to worry.

Ewood said it was emailed to him as he asked to be put on the mailing list for fresh news and statements.

Thanks that is great.

Can't believe that Goldberg is trying to claim that it is a leaked legal letter!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprised your concerned Glenn. I've thought a couple of times over the last week you have been doing well not to lock this thread (and related off topics in others) down.

It doesn't stop people saying stuff that lands us in hot water .... it just makes it harder for us for find. It's actually easier having it all in one thread like this because anything slightly dodgy will cause somebody reading to hit the report button, which emails all the admins and mods, you guys are the first line of defence.

I'm fully aware that what we have on the front page is the press release and now having spent an hour doing database level searches, I'm quite content nobody has posted anything copyrighted or that could be considered private correspondence on the matter either.

I still get nervous when large organisations accuse the site of copyright infringement. Still, if they publicly clarify it then "No foul". The letter their lawyer received probably contains sections of text reused in the press release, so I could understand their conclusion.

Thanks that is great.

Can't believe that Goldberg is trying to claim that it is a leaked legal letter!

Goldberg is acting the victim in that statement, and trying to implicate others.

Fact is, that press release was sent out to a few people with the intention that it be published to set the record straight. This site hasn't done anything wrong.

If nothing else, we have made the 5live investigates page look a right mess!!!

Yeah, stop that. The investigation may or may not have been a good thing for the club and may or may not have been accurate. But investigative journalism is a good thing, as is using social media to interact with your audience. Don't lessen the likeyhood of the BBC doing either in the future by making arses of yourself on their facebook page. Interact, don't annoy. Our mods will tell you how much fun it is clearing up the forums after somebody with a bee in their bonet has stamped all over them.

Yeah, stop that. The investigation may or may not have been a good thing for the club and may or may not have been accurate. But investigative journalism is a good thing, as is using social media to interact with your audience. Don't lessen the likeyhood of the BBC doing either in the future by making arses of yourself on their facebook page. Interact, don't annoy. Our mods will tell you how much fun it is clearing up the forums after somebody with a bee in their bonet has stamped all over them.

Ahh they love it, good or bad its still public response, which is in no doubt what the get airtime for in the first place.

If nobody cared or responded its not much of a story. They wont repay the favour by cluttering up BRFCS and making hard work for you guys, there more likely to pay you for keeping them in work.

They were certainly keen to delete legitimate posts a few days days ago Glenn. I doubt a bit of tidying up will bother them, not that I condone that sort of thing personally though.

Glenn that was an official press release sent to via me for BRFCS. It was e-mailed to me at 17.55 by Ian Morris of Citigate, due to Eid celebration's I didn't see it until bit later. I still have the e-mail saved if there is any comeback from Goldberg or BBC.

Yeah BBC so stick that in your fat pipe!! :lol:

What's happened to the rebellious side of you???

Posters celebrating the capitulation of the BBC are premature IMHO. The article written by Goldberg is still there for everyone to read and the podcast is still downloadable:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11163004

In any case, legal action against the BBC is hardly the best way for a new owner to start his Premier League adventure.

If Ali's PR team has been economical with the truth I think we will find out in Goldberg's next program.

Posters celebrating the capitulation of the BBC are premature IMHO. The article written by Goldberg is still there for everyone to read and the podcast is still downloadable:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11163004

In any case, legal action against the BBC is hardly the best way for a new owner to start his Premier League adventure.

If Ali's PR team has been economical with the truth I think we will find out in Goldberg's next program.

I'm not sure, I think the fact that he's reproduced the parts of the letter from the lawyers that the BBC has been asked to reproduce says that they are going to wind their necks in on this one and hope it all blows over.

Philipl, thanks for posting the David Moore's letter. It seems very pertinent to our situation. You should send a copy to JW, the Trustees, Syed and everyone else involved in the sale discussions.

Thanks, I am pretty certain representatives of each group mentioned are casting an eye on this thread- and that might be an understatement now following Adrian Goldberg bringing brfcs into his BBC 5live investigate's facebook page scrap (complete with shots taken inside the BBC which suggest this is the BBC's views as well).

It was wiggy who found David Moore's letter which can be read by clicking here.

Archived