BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oh Lancy Lancy

Kean quits? Oh, I see.

No issue? Miracles happen, but really, how often do you see run rates of 7.03 in the fourth inning of a game?

Even in ODI's, a 7.03+ R/R has only been achieved 50 times, so in about 1% of all innings.

ODI's are not really the comparison you should be using as batters have the 20-40 over lull, they won't in this chase. Twenty20 is what you should look at.

not saying in this pressure cooker environment it's going to be easy!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Much more attainable in 20-30 overs than 50 Jack.

You're right, I should be glad that the day isn't longer.

ODI's are not really the comparison you should be using as batters have the 20-40 over lull, they won't in this chase. Twenty20 is what you should look at.

The average run rate in the 200 or so international T20 games played is 7.49, which would win the game. Unfortunately Lancashire don't have a powerplay and they can't restrict Kartik or Kirby to only four overs.

You're right, I should be glad that the day isn't longer.

The average run rate in the 200 or so international T20 games played is 7.49, which would win the game. Unfortunately Lancashire don't have a powerplay and they can't restrict Kartik or Kirby to only four overs.

Luckily they've got the rate up straight away, keep taking the singles and a few boundaries...

:unsure:

Absolutely and totally ecstatic about this win. Been involved in cricket since I was 12, played at a decent level with some great and even international players, seen Lancs all over the country. Been a long time waiting for this, and I may have a little drink to celebrate tonight.

Archived