BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oh Lancy Lancy

Well hardly an auspicious start for the Red Rose county.

Reduced to 194/6 at Tea by a bowling attack I can only describe as pie chuckers and dobber merchants.

A young bowler from Preston called Kerrigan is making his debut for Lancs so we'll see how goes in the morning.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good recovery after being 19-4 in the early stages. Anderson is back in the line up after a long spell out with injury, so the bowling attack is looking good.

Ashwell Prince looked good for his 82 this morning, and if Chapple and Sutton can push on to around the 350 mark, we'll be in a good position after a horrendous start.

Not taken in any pre season activity regarding the various merits of leading contenders but could this be the year we end the chamionship curse?

Would be hell of a celebration if we could, was at the oval a few years ago when we came very close

Not taken in any pre season activity regarding the various merits of leading contenders but could this be the year we end the chamionship curse?

Sadly I very much doubt it, not enough depth to seriously challenge, Anderson will disappear to England. Will give the 1 dayers a shot but can't see us taking 20 wickets enough times for the championship, hope I'm wrong!

Errr no.

But we live in hope. The team seems to be in flux at the moment with a lot of young lads coming in.

I'll be happy if they don't get relegated.... sound familiar?

Two sporting ambitions left for me.

1. To see Rovers win the FA cup.

2. To see Lancashire win the County Championship.

I remember the season we ended up second to Notts, when we went into the final game needing the full 24 points to win the league. What a run that was going into the closing stages of the season.

I have been watching the new Point building at Old Trafford being constructed over the winter, there is a webcam looking towards it and the Pav Here.. About time OT got some renovation.

And the Northern League starts again tomorrow, with Chorley at home to Blackpool. One of my favourite times of the year, when you can watch Rovers at home and then see the best bit of the cricket after the match.

Errr no.

But we live in hope. The team seems to be in flux at the moment with a lot of young lads coming in.

I'll be happy if they don't get relegated.... sound familiar?

The two newspaper previews I have seen suggest that Lancashire have a chance this year. Both were predicting Durham to retain the title but they both had Lancs down for runners-up.

Anyone care to briefly give us the ins and outs over the Winter?

We've lost Du Plessis due to to some change in the Kolpak rule (big loss), Mal Loye's gone back to Northants I think.

Incoming are Stephen Moore, opener from Worcs, and Ashwell Prince (overseas player for first part of the season). They seemed to have signed Sangakarra for the rest of the season but I think he's got more games with Sri Lanka now and they're looking elsewhere- Younis Khan was mentioned last week.

I'm not sure if this is the full list but it looks like a build for the future season with not much hope of winning anything.

Anyone care to briefly give us the ins and outs over the Winter?

From the BBC

Lancashire

Overseas player: Ashwell Prince (South Africa, first part of season), Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka, after Prince departs)

Ins: Stephen Moore (Worcestershire), Luke Procter (YTH), Gary Montgomery, Daren Powell (KPK)

Outs: Mal Loye (Northants), Steven Mullaney (Nottinghamshire), Francois du Plessis (REL)

Thanks Blue n white and nowthen.

Looking up a bit of info on these lads, there doesn't seem to be too much pedigree there - agreed?

Stephen Moore might be the best bet, but he's no spring chicken @ 29.

They seemed to have signed Sangakarra for the rest of the season but I think he's got more games with Sri Lanka now and they're looking elsewhere- Younis Khan was mentioned last week.

Sangakarra is off the list now, which is bad. But Chanderpaul and to a lesser extent Katich are reasonable replacements, esp in the four day game. LCCC

Two sporting ambitions left for me.

1. To see Rovers win the FA cup.

2. To see Lancashire win the County Championship.

I remember the season we ended up second to Notts, when we went into the final game needing the full 24 points to win the league. What a run that was going into the closing stages of the season.

I have been watching the new Point building at Old Trafford being constructed over the winter, there is a webcam looking towards it and the Pav Here.. About time OT got some renovation.

And the Northern League starts again tomorrow, with Chorley at home to Blackpool. One of my favourite times of the year, when you can watch Rovers at home and then see the best bit of the cricket after the match.

Ossie

Exactly the same 2 outstanding achievements on my list too

• 3 weeks later...

Missing the semi tomorrow cos of work, gutted.

Anyway, I'm looking for an old original cricket bat. In this order

1. Gray Nicholls GN 500 Twin Scoop

2. Gray Nicholls GN 100 Single Scoop

3. SS Jumbo

4. Duncan Fearnly Magnum

5. Slaz V12

If anybody has any of these bats, mostly from the 80s and would like to get rid of it then please let me know.

Ozz

Good recovery by Lancs and still in the driving seat 390 plus ahead on a difficult pitch.

Andy Miller, who did most of the damage for Warwickshire early on, is Preston-raised and a product of Lancashire's academy. Why was he released ?????

Archived