BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Dreaded 'Family Stand'

I took my youngest when he was 4 and he cried at the noise when we scored (might not be a prob for this game!). 10 months is very young - youmay want to get some ear plugs or cotton wool. Its a lot of noise for very small ears. I'm not sure I've seen a baby so young at the game. I wouldn't advise it myself.

Very much seconded.

At that age, their hearing can be easily damaged. If you have to take her, you should get some proper ear defenders for her.

Honestly ricky, what the heck were you thinking man? Get some sense.

Thanks for all the replies. Even Bryans right up to the last sentance!!!

In answer to your question Bryan, what I was thinking is that we involve molly in everything we do. She comes out on all of our trips and we have never had a night away from her since she was born. Grandparents have wanted her to stay with them for the night but we have always resisted as we can't bear to be away from here.

When I first thought about taking her to a match I obviously contacted the club for some guidance. Their view was that I could move the season tickets to the family stand. I explained how old molly was and would it be likely to be a problem, they certainly didn't think it would. At no stage did the raise any concerns. I certainly didn't think noise would be so much of an issue in the family stand.

There's no point me asking for peoples views and then completely ignoring them, molly's welfare is my only concern so I guess we won't be coming to the game today. We hae a non refundable hotel just outside Warrington as we wanted to be able to stop on the way to the game to give molly a break. We will still have a drive up and stay there for the night as it will give us a night away. We did look at the possibility of all coming up to blackburn and molly and Katie doing something for the 2 hours I'm in the game but I'm not sure if it's posible as there really isn't much to do around ewood.

So it looks like it may be a trip to Chester zoo or Cheshire oaks for a bit of shopping. I hope you find that more acceptable Bryan.

Think Bryan may have been a bit tongue in cheek with the last bit Ricky. Seems a shame to miss out on a sunny day at Ewood. As long as you are happy to put up with missing large parts of the game whilst Molly plays up then the noise is the only issue really. Cotton wool may help!

Friend of ours used to take his little lad when he was just a babe in arms. Baby used to drop off to sleep. Our own son has been going since he was a toddler. The noise is not that bad, especially if you don't sit in the front row and with a little one I'd assume you won't. There's a guy sits on our row right at the front who brings his kiddie and she's only about 12-18 months. give it a go. As you say, involve the kids in everything and they get used to behaving in public. We have 4 and have taken them most places with us since they were very small, partly because we lived miles from family and so struggled with baby sitters, but it now means they are always confident and cope well with all sorts of situations and places.

I would have thought the Darwen End would have been the best seat in the ground if you were going Ricky. Unreserved seating, and also have plenty room for the push chair. As for the changing facilities, just do it on the seat next to you and lob it over to the Everton fans when you're done ;)

Nevertheless, have a good day in this sunny, but cold, weather :brfc:

Thanks for all the replies. Even Bryans right up to the last sentance!!!

In answer to your question Bryan, what I was thinking is that we involve molly in everything we do. She comes out on all of our trips and we have never had a night away from her since she was born. Grandparents have wanted her to stay with them for the night but we have always resisted as we can't bear to be away from here.

When I first thought about taking her to a match I obviously contacted the club for some guidance. Their view was that I could move the season tickets to the family stand. I explained how old molly was and would it be likely to be a problem, they certainly didn't think it would. At no stage did the raise any concerns. I certainly didn't think noise would be so much of an issue in the family stand.

There's no point me asking for peoples views and then completely ignoring them, molly's welfare is my only concern so I guess we won't be coming to the game today. We hae a non refundable hotel just outside Warrington as we wanted to be able to stop on the way to the game to give molly a break. We will still have a drive up and stay there for the night as it will give us a night away. We did look at the possibility of all coming up to blackburn and molly and Katie doing something for the 2 hours I'm in the game but I'm not sure if it's posible as there really isn't much to do around ewood.

So it looks like it may be a trip to Chester zoo or Cheshire oaks for a bit of shopping. I hope you find that more acceptable Bryan.

Ricky

There wouldn't be any problem taking Molly at her age. Last time I went in there, there were loads of spare seats in the BB end upper so you can move away if the noise bothers her. You can easily find room for the pushchair for the same reason. My son went to his football game at about 3 months old with his pram, nappies, etc (albeit Mansfield vs Blackpool in 1990!). I carried on taking him to games right throughout his babyhood. Mind you he ended up a Sheffield Wednesday fan.

I think that including Molly in everything you do is spot on! Gav's son didn't used to like the noise when he was a toddler but we always found it very peaceful in the family stand and he was fine.

Hope you change your mind and bring her along today.

This is Debs not Gav

Thanks for all the comments guys, after the positive comments thus morning we decided to go for it. Our seats werein row 19 so we were rigt at the back. The stewards were excellent, we used the lift and they stored mollys push chair until we were ready to go. Molly stayed on my lap for the first half, she enjoyed waving to all of the people around us and they all seemed to enjoy her being there. It was a little loud when the goals went in but she didn't jump an there were no tears, I've even got a picture of her clappng the players lol.

We went down to the concourse at half time and gave her some food and she was fine for the second half. We left just before the end to get the pushchair and head back to the car. She's now on our bed in the hotel laughing and chuckling when she really should be sleeping lol. I have pictures of her in her new rovers kit as well. Anyone who's friends win me on facebook will have seen them as I uploaded them during the match.

Thanks for all the comments and advice guys, myself, Katie and molly all had a great day. Everyone at the club was great and really acommodating.

Just a bit tired now, room service beckons.

Thanks for all the comments guys, after the positive comments thus morning we decided to go for it. Our seats werein row 19 so we were rigt at the back. The stewards were excellent, we used the lift and they stored mollys push chair until we were ready to go. Molly stayed on my lap for the first half, she enjoyed waving to all of the people around us and they all seemed to enjoy her being there. It was a little loud when the goals went in but she didn't jump an there were no tears, I've even got a picture of her clappng the players lol.

We went down to the concourse at half time and gave her some food and she was fine for the second half. We left just before the end to get the pushchair and head back to the car. She's now on our bed in the hotel laughing and chuckling when she really should be sleeping lol. I have pictures of her in her new rovers kit as well. Anyone who's friends win me on facebook will have seen them as I uploaded them during the match.

Thanks for all the comments and advice guys, myself, Katie and molly all had a great day. Everyone at the club was great and really acommodating.

Just a bit tired now, room service beckons.

Glad it went well. Times like these show how accommodating and family friendly our club is. Many times I have dealt with Rovers with regards to family members and never have I been let down.

Great club and proud to be a Rover! :brfcsmilie:

10 months is very young - youmay want to get some ear plugs or cotton wool. Its a lot of noise for very small ears.

It`s ok, he`s above the BBE. You can hear a pin drop in there these days :unsure: lol

And here we are clapping the team onto the pitch

ab0da302.jpg

Lovely picture :) I've got all this look forward to in the coming year my little son is only 3 months. I'm pretty sure his Mummy won't allow it for quite a while, but we'll see how it goes :)

Archived