BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Dreaded 'Family Stand'

I have a few questions about the family stand, I'm coming up for the Everton match tomorrow and bringing the other half and our 10 month old daughter. I've moved the seats from the BBE lower to the family stand for this match as I thought it might be more suitable.

Does anyone here have a seat in the family stand?

Just wondering if there are baby changing facilities, also I'm likely to have a pushchair with me, will this be ok or am I going to have problems bringing it in?

Are there good facilities if little one gets bored during the match.... to be fair I sometimes do ;o) Will mrs Ricky be able to occupy her.

Any family stand info would be welcomed.

I have a few questions about the family stand, I'm coming up for the Everton match tomorrow and bringing the other half and our 10 month old daughter. I've moved the seats from the BBE lower to the family stand for this match as I thought it might be more suitable.

Does anyone here have a seat in the family stand?

Just wondering if there are baby changing facilities, also I'm likely to have a pushchair with me, will this be ok or am I going to have problems bringing it in?

Are there good facilities if little one gets bored during the match.... to be fair I sometimes do ;o) Will mrs Ricky be able to occupy her.

Any family stand info would be welcomed.

I sit there but the "little" ones with us are not so little anymore (15) and weren't that little when they started going so not sure about the pushchair etc.. but I cant recall ever seeing one in the ground, same for baby changing. I believe the only difference from down stairs is that people refrain (at least try in my case) from swearing, standing etc.. as there are kids around.

We sit upstairs, there is a lift at the Jack Walker end of the BBE upper stand - think you probably have to ask at the main BBE reception desk to access it. I have occasionally seen buggies left by the bookies booths. As for child facilities - nope, it is a completely standard concourse.

Hopefully the match will be so riveting that Junior and Mrs Ricky will be engrossed for the whole 90 minutes - well I can dream!

• Backroom

I used to sit their and liked it, you get the atmosphere from below without some of the stuff you wouldn't want kids around maybe

Hughesy, feel free to meet me at my car and carry my daughter around for 4 hours ;)

If she gets bored, drop her down to the lower tier, we'll amuse her with the halftime riverside teddy routine.

Seriously, 10 months is way too young, hence you will find no facilities whatsoever.

We're making a weekend of it and staying in a hotel for a bit of a break. I always said I'd get her to a match this season so as tomorrows likely to be dry it seems like a good shout. Don't really want to leave Katie and Molly at the Hotel and drive to the match myself but I suppose that's always an option. I think she'll be fine as she tends to sit quite happily with us if we go out for meals and stuff.

I used to sit in the Family Stand from the days when it was in the Riverside until last year when my brothers' kids got too old. The one thing I have noticed when kids go for the first time is that they are completely unprepared for the level of noise. I know we might all think that the atmosphere has been getting quieter but it may well be a complete shock to your daughter so be prepared. You should be able to use the lift to get up there - it's a lit of steps otherwise, but you probably need to got to the main reception to get access - should not be a problem.

We have had S/T there since it moved from the riverside but the youngsters were 4-5 year old at the time, so not sure on changing facilities. As mentioned there is a lift but not sure where you can leave a push chair, you could always phone and ask. There is a junior Rovers room halve way up the stairs don’t know if you have to be a member or not but that will only be for before and after the game.

My brother came late for the utd. Game and had to go in the riverside and said how we don’t realize what a good view we have. As has bean said you get the atmosphere from below, less swearing, and less hassle.We would hate to move from there. Best of luck.

I used to sit in the Family Stand from the days when it was in the Riverside until last year when my brothers' kids got too old. The one thing I have noticed when kids go for the first time is that they are completely unprepared for the level of noise. I know we might all think that the atmosphere has been getting quieter but it may well be a complete shock to your daughter so be prepared. You should be able to use the lift to get up there - it's a lit of steps otherwise, but you probably need to got to the main reception to get access - should not be a problem.

You re right about the noise, took my 2 year old to the Cheltenham Gold Cup a couple of years ago, when the horses cam over the last jump the roar from the crowd made him ball his eyes out, to this day he hates loud noise!

I took my youngest when he was 4 and he cried at the noise when we scored (might not be a prob for this game!). 10 months is very young - youmay want to get some ear plugs or cotton wool. Its a lot of noise for very small ears. I'm not sure I've seen a baby so young at the game. I wouldn't advise it myself.

I sat in the family stand for years, I really liked our seats.

They used to have playstation machines in the concourse to occupy kids (or adults!) when the game was too boring, but those are long gone now. Not that a PS machine would help molly :)

Bit late now as youve got the tickets but ive deffo seen at least one couple with a foldup pushchair in the D/E this season had it leaning on the seat next to them no problems also cant see the problem taking little ones to matches more so if there is plenty of room and free seats never to young to love rovers i say

It is a must that you have someone to take young kids to the toilet as they will ask at the most incovenient time. When my eldest son when to his first game age 5 I had this covered. He was looked after by his older sister, age 6. Darwen end is good for kids this year, but has been very loud for some games which is great but not for those of a nervous disposition. The fact that you can move about with a child or move away from an irritating kid who keeps kicking the back of your seat because he can't keep still is a bonus.

I've only sat in there once. Its a long way up a few flights of stairs (didn't know about the lift!). I have to say I was surprised at the noise which comes from the blackburn enders below which seems to reverberate around there. You get all the swearing full blast!!

It was a cup game when I used it and not many fans were in it, so maybe its not as bad during a normal league game with the ground fuller.

I remember thinking it was an odd place to put a family stand which I assume is partly to shield kids from the language etc and put it over where most of it eminates from....

I will be interested to hear your views after tommoz!

Archived