BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Sky

Don't think we realise just how many planes are up there on any given day. It's so quiet up there! Maybe we should give mother nature a break every now and again and have a plane-free sky for a day or so.

By the way, if anyone finds any ash have a close look, I'm sure some of my money has been shoved in that volcano by the robbing Icelanders. The Danes should have finished the job!! tongue in cheek of course.....

Don't think we realise just how many planes are up there on any given day. It's so quiet up there! Maybe we should give mother nature a break every now and again and have a plane-free sky for a day or so.

By the way, if anyone finds any ash have a close look, I'm sure some of my money has been shoved in that volcano by the robbing Icelanders. The Danes should have finished the job!! tongue in cheek of course.....

That's what you get for stashing money offshore in a country without proper insurance for it, just to save a few quid in taxes!

Well I just wish it would bugger off! I have been stuck in Amsterdam since Thursday evening with no idea when the airport will open up again. Had enought by this morning and have booked the ferry from Amsterdam to the Toon on Monday night (first available slot).

Only good news is Ajax are at home Sun afternoon against some crap team so should be able to blag a ticket :D

Hopefully this volcanic ash will have blown a hole in the finances of the budget airlines and other airlines putting them out of business permanently. For every cloud there's a silver lining .........

I presume you only fly with premium airlines Jim, pleased you can afford it.

American, I didn't invest any money in the Icelandic economy, I had money in portfolios with the the RBS, they lost alot of money I trusted them to invest wisely on my behalf. I pay more tax & NI than many in the UK thanks.

Back to my original post :rolleyes:

The sky this morning is amazing, wonder how long it will last. The question is, when will we see it?

Hopefully this volcanic ash will have blown a hole in the finances of the budget airlines and other airlines putting them out of business permanently. For every cloud there's a silver lining .........

The other way round jim.

Based on financial strength, the last airline standing will be Ryanair.

When O'Leary joked about buying Lufthansa, the underlying serious point was he had enough cash to be able to do so based on the share prices at the time.

This volcano erupted for two years last time it went off.

The latest scientific evidence is that it is likely to continue throwing ash into the air given the chemical composition of the eject. That is bad news for airlines as this stuff is light through being aireated and likely to fly high and far. However, apparently it does mean that Ketla, its much bigger and nastier neighbour is less likely to erupt.

I am due to fly to the States in early May and have to say I seriously doubt I will get there. My stepson is stuck in Berlin and needs to get to Moscow.

Guest Kamy100

Very bad situation for people stuck abroad. Many families were due to return from Easter breaks this weekend and now are stuck abroad, it seems that that majority of Insurance policies do not cover this type of situation.

I have spent a lot of the weekend helping family and friends with the problems caused by all this. Current situation- one on a train Berlin-Warsaw, one going for Eurostar London-Paris, one stuck in Rome, one stuck in Paris.

I know a family due to fly back today...they had thier flight cancelled on friday and told that the next flight they could be offered, without it costing them anything extra would be May 1st!!!

Some people have all the luck!!

Mother In Law is still here!

They've given her a flight on Wednesday but let's face it....not likely. I've accepted that she lives with us now, construction of the granny flat begins this weekend.

Archived