BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Net Spend

So, going from the start of our Premier League days, to winning the title, to massively overspending on rubbish players and getting relegated, to getting promoted, to getting a cup and being in Europe for a couple of seasons, to getting out of a relegation scrap, to maintaining our place as a solid mid table club has cost our club £2.8 million.

Including the Jack Walker days.

Crazy.

From what I understand those figures come from a transfer website that isn't accurate. Not that it matters anyway as I am sure they are rought enough.

From Liverpool site about the net figures...

"Spot on that Tone.

The net spend might be more over the last 17 years (although I question the fees he has down for Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson alone), but they've recouped quite a large amount of money on the back of that.

There's no question Houllier spent a lot of money, and indeed no question Rafa has, but Houllier's was ###### up the wall, whilst Rafa has spent a shed load trying to sort out the mess Ged left us in. Had Benitez inherited a good squad, I'm left in no doubt he'd have spent less, but now he's stuck in the position of having to sell players to be able to buy others."

This is the same squad the won the league cup, fa cup, uefa cup and champions league

God they are a deluded bunch

Another net spend just based on the Summer of 09, think it may have been posted somewhere else earlier in the season.

summer09spend.jpg

Certainly puts things into perspective of how well we've done.

Also although you can't argue that the likes of Stoke and Birmingham have done well this year, they should have considering they spent nearly 20m each.

Sunderland are laughable after what they spent last year as well, what is it with North East teams and money?

Spending over £11 million (nett) per season while your most hated rival inches ever closer to your title winning record with a nett spend of £3m per season less....that must really hurt :lol:

It's in the overall period Brian, not per season. Our nett spend since 1992 has only been 2.8 million.

It is indeed quite amazing what we've managed to achieve while balancing our budget so well. But rarely do the media care about something like this. Must make Spurs and Villa want to bite their fingers off from jealousy, even if they finally got it right this season.

Big credit also to Arsenal and Arsene Wenger for crafting one of the most entertaining sides in the world for years now on an average budget.

Man United are also doing well to keep up, considering their top 2 rivals currently have almost triple their figure.

Benitez's waste of resources at Liverpool is nothing short of legendary.

Statistically a useless table - only one table counts at the end of the season. Do Rovers get relegated then by finishing 18th in the Net Spend League? No I didn't think so.

This is only net player transfer spend. I guess it does not count getting players in on a free - paying them a sizeable signing bonus, then paying them high wages. Presumeably loan fees are also not included.

Or what happens when you give people like Utaka 70k a week or whatever he was reported to be on, if he was on that much imagine what some of the others would have been on.

I'm surprised, well I'm not I guess since it's Arry, but he seems to have avoided any blame for this. He may not have signed the cheques and agreed the wages but he's been in football long enough to know there is no way they could sustain what they were doing, he just wanted to get a good team together as quickly as possible so he could enhance his own career and then quickly move on to bigger and better things without careing at all about what happened to Pompey, I might be way off the mark but I certainly think he should shoulder some of the blame considering his experience in the game. I despise him, wonder if he's paid his tax bill yet that the press glossed over somewhere in a 3 line article.

Good old Arry, he's great isn't he, tw@t.

Your having a Giraffe no sane man pays Utaka 70K a week, (Please don't use that word again) me.

Whoever agreed those deals needs putting down. I agree he must take some blame but as always he'll have his media chums gloss it over with some sweet patter.

Which they did when he was at Bournemouth, West Ham and Southamptom!!!

And if Keane was on that kind of money, Spurs next!!! good old Arry :wacko:

Your having a Giraffe no sane man pays Utaka 70K a week, (Please don't use that word again) me.

They don't pay him that much. Utaka got angry about those reports because people were giving him grief for it, so he came out and said he earns a third of that.

Love him or hate him but Arsenals position in both tables illustrates the quality of Arsene Wenger's abilities. If I were the owner of a leading club I'd move heaven and earth to procure his services.

Why he just uses a different approach - buy them young & develop - then sell on for profit.

So far its won them nothing in the last 5 years!

They don't pay him that much. Utaka got angry about those reports because people were giving him grief for it, so he came out and said he earns a third of that.

It wouldn't surprise me if Utaka said that just to take the heat off of him. Looking at Pompey's finances, you can't doubt they pay him that much.

Why he just uses a different approach - buy them young & develop - then sell on for profit.

So far its won them nothing in the last 5 years!

Apart from widespread admiration. :tu:

Their time will surely come. Their rivals are in the process of blowing their brains out financially.

He's practically broken even in his time and they are so close to the likes of Chelsea and United, record in europe is good coming close once. He's done well, they only need a few top players and then well those 5-6 points could well dissappear, if he signs a few this summer and chelsea and united don't splash my money will be on them next year, again.

• 4 weeks later...

I know a lot of people call Philip for his financial predictions but I think he got this one right. It looks like there are going to be more Norwich fans at OT.

Red Knights' takeover of Manchester United looks doomed to failure

Thing is - they thought that abit of fan pressure would allow them to get in for £1bn. When infact they probably need to get closer to double of that!

From that article!

"The Glazers maintain that the club is not for sale and, privately, they have described the Red Knights as "naive". The Florida-based family say they have already turned down several offers, including a £1.5bn bid from the Middle East towards the end of last year"

The funniest thing for me about Utd is the fact the majority of the fans are against the Glazers,but keep buying their season tickets thus putting money in their pockets! I wouldn`t be surprised if the club actually sells the green and yellow `protest` scarves in the club shop.To me its the same as not liking Labour but you vote for them anyway because you did for the last god knows how many elections before,regardless of how much the party has changed into something you don`t like.

The only way to hurt people with money is by taking the money away from them,the problem being for every 1000 season ticket holders that don`t renew there will be another 1000 sheep to take their place.Until a sizable amount of empty seats appear at OT you can guarantee the Glazers won`t give a stuff about the protest.

In all fairness,Rovers fans stayed away from Ewood due to continually rising price of tickets.I myself had set a limit of £500 then i would have walked away despite watching Rovers for the last 35 years.I simply could not justify spending such a relatively large amount on Rovers no matter how much i love them.Thankfully the club saw what was happening and due to the renewed pricing policies are now reaping the benefits with supporters returning to the club.

Archived