BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group F Discussion - Italy, New Zealand, Paraguay, Slovakia

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can get some pressure, and sustain it for more than 10 seconds, we might be able to sneak one, but we keep giving the ball away 2 easily. So far the defence has held up well, Winston Reid and Nelsen have been very solid at the back, Tommy Smith has the talent, but dont think he is as good as the other 2.

Slovakia 1-0 up against Italy.

Vittek the scorer. Weren't we linked with him a lot over the years?

I was thinking the same thing. I've been impressed with him today and against New Zealand. He's big and strong, has a good touch and has scored two good goals at the tournament. He could be a player that could fit our system.

Gutted we couldnt sneak a late winner :( But very proud of the boys, most considered us as one of the whipping boys of the Cup, and we finish undefeated.

Things are looking good for future yrs with Chris Wood, Winston Reid, Tommy Smith all 21 or under. The midfield is where we need more young talent, we have Michael McGlinchy (ex Celtic), who I was surprised didnt get some gametime at the end there when we were chasing a winner.

Would rate out Cup performance a solid A-

Already signed for Ankaragücü according to Wiki. Not sure if this is 100% accurate though. Turkish teams have been known to announce signings before they actually have it officially confirmed.

Aye, I knew he played for some team in Turkey. Those two goals have just added a couple of million to his transfer fee! :lol:

• Backroom

Shocking to see Italy go out, but pretty hilarious. Their tournament followed a similar pattern to ours, two underwhelming draws with a final match they needed to play well in against a team they should really beat. Unlike England, however, Italy weren't able to raise their game until the last 10 minutes. The Italian press are going to crucify them. Nice to see the italians on the opposing end of a bit of timewasting too... a taste of their own medicine.

NZ have a lot to be proud of. They didn't get out of the group but didn't lose a game and gave a very good account of themselves. If I was a New Zealander I'd be pretty proud of the team.

The All Whites can go home with heads held high. An incredible World Cup, undefeated, conceded only two goals (one an undeserved penalty) and were a major factor in sending the World Champions home early. They totally deserved to go through but had a very tough group. They have made this World Cup very enjoyable and won themselves a lot of fans. If I were a Kiwi I would be very proud tonight.

Archived