BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko starting every sentence with the same flippant remark doesn't add any weight to the credibility of the accusation. You have to actually explain why my remarks are so bonkers, why what I've said that is so stupid and more importantly WHY that is so. You are very good at accusing people of being stupid, but not so forthcoming in justifying those claims.

IN THE REAL WORLD...THERE ARE 13 DAYS TO THE DEADLINE AND ROVERS ARE TRYING TO DO THE BEST WITH WHAT THEY HAVE AT THE MOMENT.

You called my Robinho example laughable but when I pointed out your comprehension error you just replied by making the same disproved point again. You dodge more questions than a debate featuring Alistair Campbell & a Sky News presenter.

THE WHOLE CIRCUS THAT WAS THE ROBINHO IS NOT SOMETHING I WOULD HOLD UP AS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF ANYTHING...APART FROM WASTING MONEY.

Or more accurately they are acting in a "business as usual" manner until the takeover is complete, still doesn't cast doubt on the clubs expectation of it happening though. At best you could argue they have doubts on whether the deal will go through before the end of this window (which is fairly sensible and reasonably cautious) but in no way does it suggest the club are pessimistic about Syed's bid on the whole, which is what you have been implying. Sorry but I just don't agree with the conclusion you have made from this guy coming in on trail (we haven't even bought him yet have we?).

BORED NOW.

Fair enough, that sounds a lot more reasonable from your earlier posts. I will say though that your opinion of how Mr Syed handles his business is irrelevant to chances of this takeover happening, the point we have been discussing.

I would also suggest that if you keep being negative on this, the notion that you are only annoyed because you didn't break the story becomes ever more believable.

REALISTIC NOT NEGATIVE. I HOPE THE FELLA GETS IT. UNTIL THEN IT'S BACK TO THE REAL WORLD.

I will settle for that. Any time someone offers you a bundle of cash the first question should always be 'why?'

Really, I always ask "Luca Toni or Miroslav Klose?" or "do you want fries with that?" The last one is more American custom, I do believe.

I wouldnt, but I am thinking the bid have to been accepted before you enter into DD?

I understand, but I was eluding more towards his exultations regarding transfer fees.

I am well aware that an Aston Martin costs a lot of cash. The point is – if you walk into a dealership shouting about how loaded you are, more times than not you will pay 40,000 more for said Aston than you would if you went in very casual like.

Is the seller totally confident of the buyer?

Confident enough to give them access to every single bit of information about the club.

You said earlier that you deal in reality, but that's usually a reality as it stands at its earliest stages of gossip and maybes. I think we can all agree that there is a much greater chance of this sale happening than there ever was of Rovers buying Kevin Davies, yet you choose to editorialise them very differently, and a lot of us are wondering why.

If I was the Mirror sports editor and I read the biggest Rovers story for 15 years in the Daily Telegraph of all places, I wouldn't be best pleased that my Rovers man was still knocking out the zzz's at the time. Clearly, their PR team are choosing to drop their tidbits elsewhere so if I were you I'd be voicing my doubts on the slim chance that it falls through and I was DA MAN once again. And if the story goes the other way, as it did with Kevin Davies, then so what?

You said earlier that you deal in reality, but that's usually a reality as it stands at its earliest stages of gossip and maybes. I think we can all agree that there is a much greater chance of this sale happening than there ever was of Rovers buying Kevin Davies, yet you choose to editorialise them very differently, and a lot of us are wondering why.

Not to throw muck around but I have been wondering the same thing. The difference between how Nicko was talking about this one and the Williams fiasco is night and day. Maybe it is the journalist in him wanting to root for the dark horse or something, but I am puzzled.

Confident enough to give them access to every single bit of information about the club.

If I was the Mirror sports editor and I read the biggest Rovers story for 15 years in the Daily Telegraph of all places, I wouldn't be best pleased that my Rovers man was still knocking out the zzz's at the time. Clearly, their PR team are choosing to drop their tidbits elsewhere so if I were you I'd be voicing my doubts on the slim chance that it falls through and I was DA MAN once again. And if the story goes the other way, as it did with Kevin Davies, then so what?

You my friend have hit the nail right on the head...this is exactly what im trying to get other readers to realise.

And If it all goes down the pan and we dont get bought out..oh well i just had the best Brfc month of my life since we won the premiership. It was fun whilst it lasted.

I think you'll find that in the "real world" (nicko's favourite place) that the richer you are, the cheaper you are able to aquire things.

Really?

Maybe if you have a bunch of sensible people handling your finances. But, throwing around quotes about how much you plan to spend leads to a Man City like price for players.

A road I pray that Rovers will never go down.

Guest brianpepper

Unlike " oh my god you are not going to get beattie panic panic panic"

This is not tabloid gossip so he is only as aware as us so is playing it cool

Really?

Maybe if you have a bunch of sensible people handling your finances. But, throwing around quotes about how much you plan to spend leads to a Man City like price for players.

A road I pray that Rovers will never go down.

Personally I think the prices Man City pay are based on an inability to negotiate rather than people knowing how rich the owners were.

Do Arsenal get ripped off? They have the second richest owners in the league.....

Good, get on with it.

The Davies story was correct - I think your manager backed it up.

Do you want me to go through all of your other signings in the past few years while I'm at it?

Not to throw muck around but I have been wondering the same thing. The difference between how Nicko was talking about this one and the Williams fiasco is night and day. Maybe it is the journalist in him wanting to root for the dark horse or something, but I am puzzled.

Williams had a good few football ideas but not enough money to back them up.

Syed seems to have money to spend.

Great, hope it goes through.

But as we speak your club is still trying to get players on its present budget.

Think I will focus on that for now. They seem to be too.

How odd.

Unlike " oh my god you are not going to get beattie panic panic panic"

This is not tabloid gossip so he is only as aware as us so is playing it cool

I was trying to cool down some hysteria.

Clearly wrong.

There are at least two other people around here who know why.

In the meantime there won't be another word from me on the subject.

Personally I think the prices Man City pay are based on an inability to negotiate rather than people knowing how rich the owners were.

Do Arsenal get ripped off? They have the second richest owners in the league.....

I don’t wish to get into a verbal slugging match on the board :lol:

I just feel that we would be much better if he weren’t throwing numbers around to the press. I appreciate your comments and enjoy debating with you, I just don’t want that thread filled up with us going back and forward. I don’t think Arse throws around figures, but really it is neither here nor there.

The simple fact is that you get more bang for your buck if you do things quietly and from a position of strength. Deals should be run like a poker game - straight faced and cards firmly at the chest.

The fact that such high numbers are being thrown around in the first place worries me for other reasons too.

I hope I am wrong and that this will be a perfect business model.

Archived