BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta agree with a lot of what Nicko said. If Syed has been a fan for such a long time, why did he leave it so late to place a bid knowing full well that the window shuts so soon.

That's a question based on a strawman. I thought Syed made it quite clear in yesterday's interviews that he had looked at other clubs (they'd 'been across his table') but it wasn't until Blackburn came in front of him that he had the desire to buy a club. This shows he wasn't a pre-existing fan (otherwise he wouldn't have looked at other clubs at all or certainly looked at Rovers first) and didn't know about the opportunity until his advisors found it (so blame them for the late timing).

He also clearly said that he wanted to be "adopted as fan" which isn't something someone who already considers themselves to be one says.

People have read too much into what he said on 5live, when he talks about being a "fan" I think he means about football in general and he is naturally excited about becoming a NEW Rovers fan himself. I don't think he's trying to claim to be a life-long Rovers supporter and regular visitor to Ewood though.

That's a question based on a strawman. I thought Syed made it quite clear in yesterday's interviews that he had looked at other clubs (they'd 'been across his table') but it wasn't until Blackburn came in front of him that he had the desire to buy a club. This shows he wasn't a pre-existing fan (otherwise he wouldn't have looked at other clubs at all or certainly looked at Rovers first) and didn't know about the opportunity until his advisors found it (so blame them for the late timing).

He also clearly said that he wanted to be "adopted as fan" which isn't something someone who already considers themselves to be one says.

People have read too much into what he said on 5live, when he talks about being a "fan" I think he means about football in general and he is naturally excited about becoming a NEW Rovers fan himself. I don't think he's trying to claim to be a life-long Rovers supporter and regular visitor to Ewood though.

Spot on :tu:

If the takeover happens, then i would like Sam to look at the following players:

Jamie O Hara

Gio Dos Santos

Jelevic

Bentley

Nzogbia

Janko(not sure if he is available)

Govou

I dont think that is too unrealistic, and im sure they would improve the team. They wouldnt cost that much either, and perhaps 1 big signing like Luca Toni, and we will be in a good position.

Forgive me for being cautious.

One Indian guy tries to buy the club with a poor PR team and gets laughed out of town.

One Indian guy tries to buy the club with a very slick PR operation and suddenly Rovers are going to be spending hundreds of millions.

Syed is making a lot of good noises, saying the right things for the crowd, but there is just a tad too much hype. Makes me nervous.

Call me old-fashioned, but Jack Walker never trumpeted what he was going to spend in advance or made rash claims. He just spent his dough and plenty of it.

I am sure there are enough sensible people at the club to be urging some patience and caution in this process.

There are two weeks to the deadline. I don't see any point on pushing through a takeover to buy a 'show' signing even if the takeover went through THAT fast.

If the guy has a long-term plan you don't rush the first step. Otherwise you fall over.

Just a bit suspicious. Is someone trying to pressurise the club into a quicker decision than the normal four-week due diligence here...?

If Syed wanted to spend all of this cash in the window why not at least start his move for Rovers a week or two earlier and give everyone time to spend this windfall without having to rush through HIS takeover so fast.

I fully understand your post and caution. As you say the mass hype, the appeasment to all around. Hopfully, I am just naturally suspicious. Why the hype, why try to appease?

to be honest, what else is he going to say? "No, I don't really care much about football or Rovers, I'm here to make money."

There are no comments he could possibly make, regardless of his real intentions, that some fans won't find suspicious.

But sometimes you have no choice but to have some faith.

Call me old-fashioned, but Jack Walker never trumpeted what he was going to spend in advance or made rash claims. He just spent his dough and plenty of it.

I am sure there are enough sensible people at the club to be urging some patience and caution in this process.

There are two weeks to the deadline. I don't see any point on pushing through a takeover to buy a 'show' signing even if the takeover went through THAT fast.

Surely if he did everything very low key we'd all be as suspicious as we were with Shaurin Shah? I guess he can't win in one respect he comes in does everything under the radar and we'd all be convinced he had little or no funds and was in it to make a quick buck. This way he comes out says a few things in order to outline his seriousness and everything gets taken literally all of a sudden and we're picking apart every comment.

to be honest, what else is he going to say? "No, I don't really care much about football or Rovers, I'm here to make money."

There are no comments he could possibly make, regardless of his real intentions, that some fans won't find suspicious.

But sometimes you have no choice but to have some faith.

One thought I have had about the hype and the mass appeasement is, it is now the start of the season and he wants more people to start attendng the games now.

What else is he going to say, you ask. It is not what he is saying, but why say it. Just get on with it. Do the business stuff. Then talk with the money in investing in the club.

If the takeover happens, then i would like Sam to look at the following players:

Jamie O Hara

Gio Dos Santos

Jelevic

Bentley

Nzogbia

I dont think that is too unrealistic, and im sure they would improve the team. They wouldnt cost that much either, and perhaps 1 big signing like Luca Toni, and we will be in a good position.

I would sign O'Hara and Jelavic. And one between Dos Santos or Bentley. Wouldn't mind singing Roman Pavlyuchenko either. Very good player and is a good finisher.

I think the one mistake(if you can call it a mistake) that Syed has made, is to throw all the positive moves in 1 basket. Everything is just too positive, which is great, but he is setting himself up far too much.

I think we are naturally miserable Lancastrians. Thus if Sayed says exactly the right thing we don't think "great", we think "bloody hell there's a catch in this somewhere."

What does a Blackburner say when the sun's shining?......... "it'll rain tomorrow."

is Mr. Syed a fit and poper person?.......y'know... just wanted confirmation before we start spending his £100m

Poppers is a slang term for various alkyl nitrites inhaled for recreational purposes, particularly amyl nitrite, butyl nitrite, isopropyl nitrite and isobutyl nitrite.[1][2] Amyl nitrite is used medically as an antidote to cyanide poisoning,[3] but the term "poppers" refers specifically to recreational use ;):lol:

Forgive me for being cautious.

One Indian guy tries to buy the club with a poor PR team and gets laughed out of town.

One Indian guy tries to buy the club with a very slick PR operation and suddenly Rovers are going to be spending hundreds of millions.

Syed is making a lot of good noises, saying the right things for the crowd, but there is just a tad too much hype. Makes me nervous.

If the guy has a long-term plan you don't rush the first step. Otherwise you fall over.

Just a bit suspicious. Is someone trying to pressurise the club into a quicker decision than the normal four-week due diligence here...?

If Syed wanted to spend all of this cash in the window why not at least start his move for Rovers a week or two earlier and give everyone time to spend this windfall without having to rush through HIS takeover so fast.

Jack was a local lad who was well known, in an age when people pumping money into football clubs was only associated with good outcomes.

Obviously Syed feels the need to justify him that much more since he's unknown in the area and many recent foreign "investors" have gone bad so he wants to hit the right note with the fans early on.

It's not even that Saurin Shah has poor PR, but there's very little substance about him. People around Mumbai have said his personal wealth was not that much and nobody had a clue about what or how much money was backing his bid, if any at all.

Syed has a clear vision, a massive fund from where the money is coming from and has shown that he's really thought this through. Sure it might go tits up but so far the only signs are good ones, though it is very very early days.

Nicko you make some valid points about the fans getting excited about Syed and not so with Shah. I think its got more to do with the professionalism that Syed has shown, and also there is quite a bit more information about Syed than Shah. The team entrusted with sorting this takeover out, or at least the team in Syed's corner, ie Omer Khan and the French guy, seems so much more organised and up to date than Chris "tweety bird" Nathaniel and his goons.

but back on topic, it will be interesting to see what Arry's plans are with Bentley? I would hope that we would be interested in Bentley, but whether he wants to come back is another matter all together. Nicko, any ideas on the next move for Bentley? I was told( just a rumour) that Birmingham and West Ham are interested in taking him on a season long loan deal

Sorry Nicko, but that's way off, a bit patronising to people on here.

Shah got 'laughed out of town' because there is not a single trace of this supposed multi-millionaire anywhere. In this day and age surely it's impossible to make the money required to buy and run a PL club and not have your name appear somewhere out there?

Syed (and his company), on the other hand, are easily traceable, which provides some evidence to support their claims of wealth. I don't think anyone on here has fully bought into the 'hundreds of millions' part, but there is far more cause for optimism than the Shah bid.

I will settle for that. Any time someone offers you a bundle of cash the first question should always be 'why?'

I agree, yet everyone seems too swept away to stop and question any of this. Strange as normal the members on here have noses higly adept at sniffing out BS.

If this was happening at another club you can bet a lot more people on here would be questioning his motives.

If he is as rich as he says he is then surely he plans ahead and knew he wanted to buy the club some time ago? Why wait till a couple of weeks before the widows closes? He could easily have started the process a month earlier. Normally when someone puts pressure on to rush a deal there is something they are hiding or dont want to come out, we need to be questioning what this is.

I would love all my suspicions to be unfounded and to have a wealthy owner again but surely we should be asking questions at this point?

I would love all my suspicions to be unfounded and to have a wealthy owner again but surely we should be asking questions at this point?

###### to that, that's what the trust pay Rothschilds for.

For all the sceptics and doubters you know the trust won't sell to him unless they are 110% certain he will do as promised, in the mean time:

party-time-top.gif

LT today - Bulgarian Striker Ivelin Popov has started a trial, hes 22 and from Litex Lovech.

Last season bagged 8 in 19 games & 3 in 15 internationals.

Also GOOD NEWS - Teymourians move has been ended - Permit has been turned down & nothing can be done! :tu:

Archived