BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do need to mix the younger players you mentioned with players that are proven, make no mistake about that. That includes players we already have such as Samba and Robinson, as well as players from other teams both in the Premiership and Abroad. For example last summer we could have got either Darren Bent or Cardozo, maybe aswell as Kalinic and have both a younger player and a player who can get the job done now.

Bale, Moses, Walcott. We could have picked all if those up with a bit of investment and made a lot of money. There are loads of other examples.

We needs to pay good money for a good scouting team. That would be a good investment.

I think you are a little wrong here, you scout in the main to a level which you can afford

indeed, how much would McCarthey have cost today when we first signed him? my betting is at least £6,000,000 - inflated cost of players I know, thats how it is, Stephen Fletcher £7,000,000 ?? only average, pointless scouting £10,000,000 players with no cash, maybe now we can, we know who they are, lets get one or two.

Has Podolski moved yet?

how about FORLAN at athletico madrid,

if the take over is complete in time,would be a super signing for us,

im covident he would get us goals and may help us compete for europeean

place this season.

He would be ideal for Rovers, pace, guille and quality!

Because you have finally realised I talk sense :lol::rolleyes:

I wouldn't go THAT far. You've probably been at the medicine cabinet.

Speaking of...

place this season.

place this season.

Would be a bit risky after his complete failure at Man U. Who's to say he wouldn't be the same tripe for Rovers? Just a thought.

An un-named source close to Syed says that the deal is going to be done and there will be money to spend next week.

Right.

The transfer window is two weeks away and Syed wants the deal completed by then and seems very confident, I guess we'll see soon enough whether this guy is all talk or not.

Guest brianpepper

An un-named source close to Syed says that the deal is going to be done and there will be money to spend next week.

Isn't that one of your stories? I know how you occasionally delight in building up hopes on here.

Oh I tease but why dispute it? We all know how while some things in football take an age others take a split second

We spend the summer feeling forlorn over prospective signings, and now some members feel like Forlan. As Hi Mack says, absolutely no chance. One of the best players at the World Cup! Even if the takeover does go through before the window closes, we may find it difficult to close out deals regardless with so little time.

Archived