BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With our currernt financies N´Zogbia isn´t possible but if things changes he could be decent signing. He did leave a transfer request didn´t he? Can Wigan afford to leave him out of the squad anymore? If he injured I haven´t noticed. A good player but he seems to cause troubles himself. Bad apple?

We should definitely only sign somebody for the short-term. We're not going to get anyone decent for an outright fee for the amount of money the Trust will budget for given our takeover situation, so a short-term solution is the only answer - be it a contract until January or a loan from abroad.

So glad that we missed out on the likes of Beattie if our takeover goes through.

We should definitely only sign somebody for the short-term. We're not going to get anyone decent for an outright fee for the amount of money the Trust will budget for given our takeover situation, so a short-term solution is the only answer - be it a contract until January or a loan from abroad.

So glad that we missed out on the likes of Beattie if our takeover goes through.

Maybe we are looking for only loan moves now.

With our currernt financies N´Zogbia isn´t possible but if things changes he could be decent signing. He did leave a transfer request didn´t he? Can Wigan afford to leave him out of the squad anymore? If he injured I haven´t noticed. A good player but he seems to cause troubles himself. Bad apple?

Allegedly skipped training Friday. 70k fine, guess that's two weeks wages.

My link

James Vaughan to Blackpool is very close to happening...loan...not expensive...but surprised you weighed that one up and then left alone.

Good to hear we're sniffing around but ultimately staying away from crocks, Nicko.

(Regardless of nationality or relative youth).

Our physios will be busy enough I reckon. :!:

I think we could well just weigh up a loan move for now.

We're in an awkward situation with the proposed takeover. The takeover could even happen before the transfer window closes, meaning money available. We certainly wouldn't want to sign someone like Benjani for example, to a contract and then a few days later the takeover happens, we look at better targets and Benjani is surplus to requirements days after signing.

Even if the takeover doesn't happen now it could well be done by January, again anyone signed now could well be seen as surplus to requirements in January and nothing but a stop gap option.

All in all though I'm much happier being in the position we're in with the takeover perhaps causing a minor headache now rather than not having the headache at all!!

With the takeover hopefully happening I don't think we need to be desperate and make any moves now just for the sake of it, if the right option turns up then brilliant but otherwise we have a good enough squad to plod along until January and then make a late run for the title ;)

If there isn't a better option than Benjani around then we may as well just keep Roberts.

Finger crossed for the takeover!

Allegedly skipped training Friday. 70k fine, guess that's two weeks wages.

My link

I agree I think N'zogbia would be a great signing, however as stated we would need the cash investment to pull this one off. Three Massive impact players that we could get fast if the cash comes in before thw window are N'Zogbia, Reo-Coker and Bellamy. All would be very effective and we would stand a chance of signing them too!

I agree I think N'zogbia would be a great signing, however as stated we would need the cash investment to pull this one off. Three Massive impact players that we could get fast if the cash comes in before thw window are N'Zogbia, Reo-Coker and Bellamy. All would be very effective and we would stand a chance of signing them too!

Im pretty sure we cant get Bellamy.

Guest brianpepper

I think we could well just weigh up a loan move for now.

We're in an awkward situation with the proposed takeover. The takeover could even happen before the transfer window closes, meaning money available. We certainly wouldn't want to sign someone like Benjani for example, to a contract and then a few days later the takeover happens, we look at better targets and Benjani is surplus to requirements days after signing.

Even if the takeover doesn't happen now it could well be done by January, again anyone signed now could well be seen as surplus to requirements in January and nothing but a stop gap option.

All in all though I'm much happier being in the position we're in with the takeover perhaps causing a minor headache now rather than not having the headache at all!!

With the takeover hopefully happening I don't think we need to be desperate and make any moves now just for the sake of it, if the right option turns up then brilliant but otherwise we have a good enough squad to plod along until January and then make a late run for the title ;)

If there isn't a better option than Benjani around then we may as well just keep Roberts.

Finger crossed for the takeover!

this is spot on in our current state of flux

it would have been pointless buying vaughan who has done very little and often injured throughout his career

we have m diouf and niko who we can bed as our solid main strikers, with potentially benjani and/or one or two more loans until we know exactly whats going on

vaughan didnt even get near sams test. says a lot

I was not suggesting we sign him, others may have, 8-10m, Id want two N'Zogbi's for that money.

Mozzer those are the sort of players (exc Ireland) that I wouldnt want....over-rated (SWP), overpriced (Keane, N'Zogbia), earning wages beyond their ability & no potential (Keane) to sell on for a profit later!

We need to be looking at the younger cheaper talents such as Adam Johnson (pre City signing) OR players like him....lower clubs or under-valued considering their talent, like Bentley was, like Dzeko was 12months ago.

Nicko: Is it so that Sam wants so wait with transfers or can he buy any player now when talks about a takeover is ongoing? I mean Benjani or Jo. I believe Jo is very high on the list at the moment and Hatem Ben Arfa too.

Also how is the trial with Edixon Perea going?

But what about Klose?

But what about Klose?

Takeover will happen. Why would they send Darmon?

Its all but sealed.

The future is bright the future is blue and white!

Mozzer those are the sort of players (exc Ireland) that I wouldnt want....over-rated (SWP), overpriced (Keane, N'Zogbia), earning wages beyond their ability & no potential (Keane) to sell on for a profit later!

We need to be looking at the younger cheaper talents such as Adam Johnson (pre City signing) OR players like him....lower clubs or under-valued considering their talent, like Bentley was, like Dzeko was 12months ago.

Who are you and why do I find myself agreeing with you?

Archived