BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will take you back to when Gordon Lee took over Rovers, you wont know, you are too young, he came from Port Vale and they were a very defensive and difficult team to beat, Rovers won the league away with three games to spare 4 or 5 -1 away at ironically Port Vale.

Gordon Lee said, you can only play a system which suits the players you have, Rovers played some great stuff that year, attacking and incventive football!!

Isn't it funny how at every club he's managed he's inherited/signed a group a players who's strengths just happen to be direct position football?

There's no such thing as coincidence.

I hope he proves me wrong if all this goes through.

Forgive me for being cautious.

One Indian guy tries to buy the club with a poor PR team and gets laughed out of town.

One Indian guy tries to buy the club with a very slick PR operation and suddenly Rovers are going to be spending hundreds of millions.

Syed is making a lot of good noises, saying the right things for the crowd, but there is just a tad too much hype. Makes me nervous.

Call me old-fashioned, but Jack Walker never trumpeted what he was going to spend in advance or made rash claims. He just spent his dough and plenty of it.

I am sure there are enough sensible people at the club to be urging some patience and caution in this process.

There are two weeks to the deadline. I don't see any point on pushing through a takeover to buy a 'show' signing even if the takeover went through THAT fast.

If the guy has a long-term plan you don't rush the first step. Otherwise you fall over.

Just a bit suspicious. Is someone trying to pressurise the club into a quicker decision than the normal four-week due diligence here...?

If Syed wanted to spend all of this cash in the window why not at least start his move for Rovers a week or two earlier and give everyone time to spend this windfall without having to rush through HIS takeover so fast.

Isn't it funny how at every club he's managed he's inherited/signed a group a players who's strengths just happen to be direct position football?

There's no such thing as coincidence.

I hope he proves me wrong if all this goes through.

The most likely explanation is usually the correct one

One Indian guy tries to buy the club with a poor PR team and gets laughed out of town.

One Indian guy tries to buy the club with a very slick PR operation and suddenly Rovers are going to be spending hundreds of millions.

Syed is making a lot of good noises, saying the right things for the crowd, but there is just a tad too much hype. Makes me nervous.

Call me old-fashioned, but Jack Walker never trumpeted what he was going to spend in advance or made rash claims. He just spent his dough and plenty of it.

I am sure there are enough sensible people at the club to be urging some patience and caution in this process.

There are two weeks to the deadline. I don't see any point on pushing through a takeover to buy a 'show' signing even if the takeover went through THAT fast.

If the guy has a long-term plan you don't rush the first step. Otherwise you fall over.

Just a bit suspicious. Is someone trying to pressurise the club into a quicker decision than the normal four-week due diligence here...?

If Syed wanted to spend all of this cash in the window why not at least start his move for Rovers a week or two earlier and give everyone time to spend this windfall without having to rush through HIS takeover so fast.

you're old fashioned

When Mr Syed starts telling you how to write a story, then you can start giving him business lessons ;-)

Didn't Sheik Mansour give City money before he even took over? They were still doing DD in the middle of September whilst he'd already bought Robinho for £32m.

You can't blame Syed for not putting the ball in the back of the net in the dying minutes, when your own back four are playing around in their own half, running the clock down. ;)

The situation isn't Syed's to rush. We all know that Rovers have been run soundly and all their ducks are in a row. It is the job of the people at Rovers to make sure that Syed is good and proper, and judging by what we have read and all the information that is available we have a very good idea that he is.

Whether what he is saying is 100% truthful or not it isn't of paramount importance because we'll be better off with his money than what we are dealing with currently. The only issue, if and when the takeover is complete, is the manner of how we go forward.

Why try and dampen optimism when this is the only thing that has been in any way interesting to Rovers fans, on and off the pitch, since Mark Hughes left.

Gotta agree with alot of this, a good businessman never reveals all his cards...

Why would yuo tell everyone you have loadsa cash to burn, will only inflate prices!?

Why try and dampen optimism when this is the only thing that has been in any way interesting to Rovers fans, on and off the pitch, since Mark Hughes left.

nicko has been peevish about the Syed bid from the outset - he wasn't the one who broke that particular story.

Isn't the 4 week due diligence period for his benefit? Doesn't he get exclusive access to our books. Unless I'm mistaken he's not hiding his hand by pushing through the last stage - the Rovers Trust already knows what kind of money he has.

Gotta agree with alot of this, a good businessman never reveals all his cards...

Why would yuo tell everyone you have loadsa cash to burn, will only inflate prices!?

It's a fair point to make.

Playing devil's advocate perhaps he wants to put people on notice that we will soon be genuine players in the market again.

Especially in the unlikely event it is possible to complete a couple of days before the deadline and he wants to spend some money.

Isn't the 4 week due diligence period for his benefit? Doesn't he get exclusive access to our books. Unless I'm mistaken he's not hiding his hand by pushing through the last stage - the Rovers Trust already knows what kind of money he has.

That's my point, surely it is in his interest for the process to take longer, not our's or the club's. If he wants the takeover done as soon as possible then good on him.

Correct me if im wrong but isnt the due dilligence for syed to check brfc as opposed to brfc checking him?As far as I'm aware a company will only grant due dilligence to someone they've checked out n are willing to sell to.

Hence if syed wants to rush the due dilligence thats fine, its HIS time and chance to make sure rovers are what they say they are.

And finally who said hes going for trophy signings?hes giving us a transfer kitty to stabilize our prem status not win the title and its prob obvious to him as it is to us we need money this window to buy a striker and a midfielder as we're severely lacking in both areas and are struggling as we dont have the funds.

So call me old fashioned but if i was about to buy a club and i was sure i'd be buying it i too would try to push things through so that my club didnt have to suffer and struggle to do well as they only have 2 strikers until January, by which time all clubs will know we're desperate and have money hence will raise their price.

Spending only 10mill in this window could mean the difference between finishing 10th and 6th..

I can't imagine the Club would have allowed the period of exclusivity without being satisfied Mr. Syed had the funding he says he has or without being happy in principle to sell to him if he actually decides to pursue the matter to completion.

If Mr. Syed were to rush through due diligence without doing it properly, presumably the only person he would be harming is himself.

Fortunately as fans who follow the Club closely, I think we could confidently say that the running of the Club is beyond reproach and there shouldn't be any nasty Newcastle/Mike ashley type surprises buried anywhere.

Nothing wrong with dampening optimism when you are replacing it with realism.

Back on topic in the real world on pre takeover Planet Earth let's just remind ourselves that with thirteen days to the deadline we STILL only have ONE permanent senior striker on the books (assuming Roberts leaves) and NO creative midfielder (When Dunn's out injured)

I'm not necessarily expecting the takeover to go through pre deadline but I'd be absolutely delighted if it did and it helped us.

Correct me if im wrong but isnt the due dilligence for syed to check brfc as opposed to brfc checking him?As far as I'm aware a company will only grant due dilligence to someone they've checked out n are willing to sell to.

Hence if syed wants to rush the due dilligence thats fine, its HIS time and chance to make sure rovers are what they say they are.

And finally who said hes going for trophy signings?hes giving us a transfer kitty to stabilize our prem status not win the title and its prob obvious to him as it is to us we need money this window to buy a striker and a midfielder as we're severely lacking in both areas and are struggling as we dont have the funds.

So call me old fashioned but if i was about to buy a club and i was sure i'd be buying it i too would try to push things through so that my club didnt have to suffer and struggle to do well as they only have 2 strikers until January, by which time all clubs will know we're desperate and have money hence will raise their price.

Spending only 10mill in this window could mean the difference between finishing 10th and 6th..

I can't imagine the Club would have allowed the period of exclusivity without being satisfied Mr. Syed had the funding he says he has or without being happy in principle to sell to him if he actually decides to pursue the matter to completion.

If Mr. Syed were to rush through due diligence without doing it properly, presumably the only person he would be harming is himself.

Fortunately as fans who follow the Club closely, I think we could confidently say that the running of the Club is beyond reproach and there shouldn't be any nasty Newcastle/Mike ashley type surprises buried anywhere.

Both correct and don't forget it said today that Syed's men were already up to speed with the book, add to the fact they are famously well maintained and I think "rush" would be a harsh word if DD was to be completed in 10-12 days.

I know it's not quite the same but I work in a department with thosands of payments going in and out daily and an 'audit' only takes an afternoon and we haven't got the financial buffs Syed does at his disposal. Of course the finances of a football club will be a little more complex but 14 days still does seem a long time given the homework and knowledge they would have even before Monday.

The problem we face as a club is that we aren't one of the Real Madrid, united or Barca type players in the market. Clubs who every player on earth would love to join.

We aren't even an Aston Villa, or a Birmingham. We're a small town in Lancashire who no-one would have heard of if it wasn't for Blackburn Rovers.

This all means that the big names in football couldn't give two shiny shites about us as a club to play for UNLESS we market ourselves as being able to pay big wages. That's what I think Ahasan Ali Syed is doing by talking money openly, he's putting it out there that very soon Blackburn Rovers will be able to accommodate to the needs of some of the big names in the game. If he didn't we'd just remain a small club in Lancashire who have a shed load of money, but nothing to do with it coz no great players want to join.

Football is money nowadays. It's unfortunate, but it's the way it is.

Bit from artcile posted by Hughsey on takeover thread relating to transfers....

We have £80m (BD46.9m) to £100m put aside for players to cover us until January.

The main idea is to improvise and if we can attract big names in the process then why not? It's more important at the moment to stabilise the current squad.

That's not to say the performance of the team has been poor because they've done an excellent job with limited resources but hopefully' date=' with more resources, they can do even better.

As a football fan I have a lot of players in mind and would love it if some of them could come to a club I am involved in but at the moment, we will have to wait and see.[/quote']

100m til January, Holy Smokes!!!!

Back on topic in the real world on pre takeover Planet Earth let's just remind ourselves that with thirteen days to the deadline we STILL only have ONE permanent senior striker on the books (assuming Roberts leaves) and NO creative midfielder (When Dunn's out injured)

Can we just NOT do that? We've been doing that topic to death all summer, we all bloody know. I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing it. We might as well discuss how the sun shines light on our planet, it's that obvious. But more depressing :(

Gotta agree with a lot of what Nicko said. If Syed has been a fan for such a long time, why did he leave it so late to place a bid knowing full well that the window shuts so soon. Or was he as quick as he could be and is trying desperately to pull it off in time to make a signing or two now?

Main point is that he has a 15 year plan, so he shouldn't really be in any rush. I think he's just a confident business man trying to please the fans of a club having "enjoyed" an extremely frustrating transfer window. If he doesn't succeed to take over the club before Sept 1 then the fans will at least appreciate the effort.

Archived