BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Poor old Alan Nixon. Since the take-over roller-coaster he's joined the troupe(or is it plague) of media types being disparaging about Mr. Syed and his vision/passion/aspirations for little 'ol BRFC (the Giant amongst Town clubs). I think we need to humour him for all the good work he's done to help make this Britain's finest Football web-site. Clearly his nose is out of joint because the Coyle 'bandwagon' has turned into a non-event.

His recent post is to say the least curmudgeonly and he should leave it to us Rovers fans to be downright pessimistic - even on the eve of our "second coming'. God bless Jack and welcome with outstretched arms of friendship to Mr Syed.

BUT LADS DON'T SPEND THE MONEY BEFORE IT ARRIVES! (though Bentley is a good shout)

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LT today - Bulgarian Striker Ivelin Popov has started a trial, hes 22 and from Litex Lovech.

Last season bagged 8 in 19 games & 3 in 15 internationals.

A right winger/supporting striker with a good goalscoring record? Yes please!

That's just what we need, I think Kalinic would thrive with someone like that in the squad.*

(*Providing he can do it at this level)

Poor old Alan Nixon. Since the take-over roller-coaster he's joined the troupe(or is it plague) of media types being disparaging about Mr. Syed and his vision/passion/aspirations for little 'ol BRFC (the Giant amongst Town clubs). I think we need to humour him for all the good work he's done to help make this Britain's finest Football web-site. Clearly his nose is out of joint because the Coyle 'bandwagon' has turned into a non-event.

His recent post is to say the least curmudgeonly and he should leave it to us Rovers fans to be downright pessimistic - even on the eve of our "second coming'. God bless Jack and welcome with outstretched arms of friendship to Mr Syed.

BUT LADS DON'T SPEND THE MONEY BEFORE IT ARRIVES! (though Bentley is a good shout)

I am not being disparaging. Just asking questions...and advising a bit of caution.

What happens if Syed does not get his takeover pushed through by the end of the month?

Where will that leave your club right here and now?

Does the manager go for a sensible signing in the next two weeks or wait until the takeover is miraculously done in half of the time allocated?

Still laughing at someone saying 'look at Man City and Robinho?'

How did that work out again?

The next couple of weeks are always vital in any club's season. Yours just got very complicated.

Yes, you need money. Yes, you need a takeover.

But just keep things real and in perspective.

If the takeover doesnt come through before the transfer window shuts I still think we will find ourselves midtable by the End of December.

Was Ivelin Popov the guy who trashed a wedding or something?

Edit: No that was not him. That had to be Domovchiyski who we watched earlier and if i am correct ended up in Ipswich?

Nice CV on the Popov guy and looks like a player we could need.

I am not being disparaging. Just asking questions...and advising a bit of caution.

What happens if Syed does not get his takeover pushed through by the end of the month?

Does the manager go for a sensible signing in the next two weeks or wait until the takeover is miraculously done in half of the time allocated?

The next couple of weeks are always vital in any club's season. Yours just got very complicated.

Totally agree, we must be calm and cautious, if the takeover does not happen this window, we still need strengthening up front.

And if Syed doesn't buy us in the end, we are still as we are today ! in limbo !

IF we dont strengthen then I honestly believe we will be fine....perhaps not as high as we would if we signed an extra striker - Bu id still expect us to be in with a shout of 8th-10th come January....THEN we can strengthen, with much longer & better prep work done to identify the correct targets.

Better being prepared than rushing and getting stuck with another Grella for 3 years!

Surely if he did everything very low key we'd all be as suspicious as we were with Shaurin Shah? I guess he can't win in one respect he comes in does everything under the radar and we'd all be convinced he had little or no funds and was in it to make a quick buck. This way he comes out says a few things in order to outline his seriousness and everything gets taken literally all of a sudden and we're picking apart every comment.

agreed, no matter what would´ve been said, the interpretations would´ve been the same

to be honest, what else is he going to say? "No, I don't really care much about football or Rovers, I'm here to make money."

There are no comments he could possibly make, regardless of his real intentions, that some fans won't find suspicious.

But sometimes you have no choice but to have some faith.

I'll give him some free advice which he would do well to heed......NEVER TRY TO BULLSHIT A BULLSHITTER COCK! ;)

The moment he opened his gob it was obvious that he knows sweet FA about BRFC, Blackburn and football in general.

I think we are naturally miserable Lancastrians. Thus if Sayed says exactly the right thing we don't think "great", we think "bloody hell there's a catch in this somewhere."

What does a Blackburner say when the sun's shining?......... "it'll rain tomorrow."

Thats cos it usually will. :(

The moment he opened his gob it was obvious that he knows sweet FA about BRFC, Blackburn and football in general.

So he's down with about 90% of our fanbase then?

Can't see Bentley coming here to eat humble pie - unless it was a stopgap loan-deal.

I say screw being cautious. Real Madrid signing Ozil probably means the end for Kaka there. I say we try and sign him. Everyone here should preemptively get Kaka tattoo's now to celebrate this too.

Yes good idea. Oh and get a really big one on your forehead ...... You first joe off you go. :rover:

Why should the fans be cautious? We have every right to be excited by the proposed take over. The prospective new owner of BRFC is talking the talk and trying to win over the fans, good luck to him. We have no control over the deal what so ever so let us be positive about this rather than jumping aboard the doom and gloom wagon wondering where or when it's all going to go t!ts up and we end up with egg on our face.

We have a strong squad, it could be better but every fan in the land would say the same. We've got off to a great start to the season and are looking to carry that on. We have every right to look forward to our future be it under the Walker Trustees or an Indian tycoon.

As for our season becoming very complicated, I really don't see how or why. It has been an extremely difficult window for us, how can it get worse? If Syed gets his way he'll be running the club in time for Sam to make a signing or two, if not we'll carry on from where we left off with a win under our belt.

LT today - Bulgarian Striker Ivelin Popov has started a trial, hes 22 and from Litex Lovech.

You were after him a few years back,obviously the same agent hawking him about.

Edit: No that was not him. That had to be Domovchiyski who we watched earlier and if i am correct ended up in Ipswich?

Domovchiyski plays for Hertha,Sumulikoski your thinking about now at Sibir Novosibirsk

I am with you all the way on this. Brilliant opportunity, obviously exciting, but there are a lot of questions to be asked and answered. So lets take things slow.

###### to that, that's what the trust pay Rothschilds for.

For all the sceptics and doubters you know the trust won't sell to him unless they are 110% certain he will do as promised, in the mean time:

party-time-top.gif

and what happens if he makes all the right noises and then its a sham..judgement reserved from me.

Nicko is quite right to be asking these questions , he's neutral , we are all seeing through blue and white spectacles we've seen what happened at Leeds , Portsmouth and West Ham and how close did City come to meltdown at the end of shiniwata's reign, those in charge of the club now have a responsibilty to make sure the club remains in safe hands , if that means the takeover takes longer to complete then so be it.......in the meantime if my current favourite Indian businessman wants to drop BFS £10m as a gesture of goodwill , i wouldn't complain :rolleyes:

But with all due respect you are asking the wrong questions. For example asking why Syed didn't do this sooner because of the transfer window. You know that Rovers having been paying the Rothschilds for a while now to find us a buyer. Ergo it was their job to find Mr Syed and not the other way around so you're question should have been "why didn't the Rothchilds contact this man sooner".

Then it'll probably be the longest wait til January I'll ever experience, but I don't think we'll "struggle" in the meantime if that's what you are implying.

Again a man like you should know better. You think completing Due Dilligence in less than 4 week is "miraculous" but reality suggests it RARELY takes that long. Sheik mansour completed DD in 10 days and that was after he'd already given City transfer money and the window had closed! Randy Learner at villa gave his team 14 days to complete DD and they did it sooner.

It is not rare or a miracle for the process to take much less than the 4 week general rule, especially when the person looking at them is in finance and the books are so well kept. If Mansour's Oil experts and Randy's men can do DD on much bigger and complex finances than ours, I would say it would be a miracle if Syed's financial's whizz kids and Rovers clean books took more that 10 days to look over.

Eh? People aren't mentioning Robinho as an example of a good buy but as an example of a buy made possible by an owner who hadn't completed his takeover yet, it is a perfectly relevant point to make.

Maybe some of us our getting a bit excited yeah (but hell we deserve it after the last few years of listening to you linking us with Beattie, Andrews, Davies etc) but you are clearly at the other end of the Spectrum and are just being overly pessimistic. If any other club had got to the stage Rovers have with Mr Syed you'd be talking as if it was a done deal, but for some reason you want us to act as this only has a 50/50 chance of happening.

IMO, there is 95% chance of this going through and if it does before the window closes then that would be a very juicy cherry ontop of a very large cake!

Stop being pessimistic nicko and look at the bright side, you will get much better stories and your personal profile as a Rovers reporter could be boosted a lot. No more small articles buried away in the People, you might just get a Guardian back age spread. In fact, if this deal happen you will probably make the most money out if from anyone on the MB, CHEER UP!!!

So he's down with about 90% of our fanbase then?

Can't see Bentley coming here to eat humble pie - unless it was a stopgap loan-deal.

No it is not down with 90% of the fan base on here. But it is always wise to be cautious in things like this.

Ironically so are the club being cautious. Because they have still left the door open for anybody else who maybe interested in taking over the club. So maybe the sellers are not totally convinced.

How many on here have said trust JW and the trust, they will do right for the club. Well they are being cautious, which is why they left the door open for others to talk about buying the club.

How many people posted or laughed about Shah and doing his business in the public eye. Yet Syed has done the same - even more so and it is acceptable on here.

I hope Syed is the real deal and that everything he has said comes to fruition. But again, the jury is still out. The club are still uncertain about Syed and we should be the same - for now.

I personally think we'll be lower mid table at the very worst by January (13th-14th) if we don't strengthen now. It won't be the end of the world.

we showed by beating a very good Everton side that we're very stable defensively and will no doubt get goals from set pieces.

We all know we need strengthening, but a short-term attack minded signing would tide us over until we can spend a hefty amount in January (takeover permitting).

I will settle for that. Any time someone offers you a bundle of cash the first question should always be 'why?'

i didn't bother reading your post, i just did exactly as you said, like so many on here do.

all i saw was 'call me old fashioned' and so i gratefully obliged.

But with all due respect you are asking the wrong questions. For example asking why Syed didn't do this sooner because of the transfer window. You know that Rovers having been paying the Rothschilds for a while now to find us a buyer. Ergo it was their job to find Mr Syed and not the other way around so you're question should have been "why didn't the Rothchilds contact this man sooner".

SYED SAYS HE HAS BEEN WATCHING ROVERS PROGRESS FOR TEN YEARS...AND HAS BEEN LOOKING INTO A BUY FOR MONTHS...IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF HE HAD MOVED A COUPLE OF WEEKS SOONER...NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK...NOW, SUDDENLY HE WANTS ROVERS TO SELL IN A RUSH...

Then it'll probably be the longest wait til January I'll ever experience, but I don't think we'll "struggle" in the meantime if that's what you are implying.

RIGHT NOW THE MANAGER IS TRYING TO FIND NECESSARY PLAYERS ON A BUDGET...LAST WEEK BENJANI WAS ON TRIAL...TODAY A CHEAP BULGARIAN TURNS UP...THAT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THE CURRENT REGIME ARE STILL BEING REALISTIC AND NOT BEING CARRIED AWAY...

Again a man like you should know better. You think completing Due Dilligence in less than 4 week is "miraculous" but reality suggests it RARELY takes that long. Sheik mansour completed DD in 10 days and that was after he'd already given City transfer money and the window had closed! Randy Learner at villa gave his team 14 days to complete DD and they did it sooner.

It is not rare or a miracle for the process to take much less than the 4 week general rule, especially when the person looking at them is in finance and the books are so well kept. If Mansour's Oil experts and Randy's men can do DD on much bigger and complex finances than ours, I would say it would be a miracle if Syed's financial's whizz kids and Rovers clean books took more that 10 days to look over.

MAN CITY WERE IN THE SH1T AND HAD TO SELL TO MANSOUR...THEY HAD BEEN TRYING TO SELL TO OTHER ARABS JUST THE WEEK BEFORE...

Eh? People aren't mentioning Robinho as an example of a good buy but as an example of a buy made possible by an owner who hadn't completed his takeover yet, it is a perfectly relevant point to make.

NOT PEOPLE...YOU...STUPID EXAMPLE TO MAKE...

Maybe some of us our getting a bit excited yeah (but hell we deserve it after the last few years of listening to you linking us with Beattie, Andrews, Davies etc) but you are clearly at the other end of the Spectrum and are just being overly pessimistic. If any other club had got to the stage Rovers have with Mr Syed you'd be talking as if it was a done deal, but for some reason you want us to act as this only has a 50/50 chance of happening.

YOU TRIED FOR BEATTIE...YOU SIGNED ANDREWS...YOU INQUIRED ABOUT DAVIES...I COULD GO ON WITH THE OTHERS YOU SIGNED AND DIDN'T OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS...PERHAPS YOU COULD COME UP WITH SOMETHING BETTER...BETTER THAT THAN SPENDING MOST OF YOUR TIME FOLLOWING ME LIKE A LOVESICK PUPPY...

IMO, there is 95% chance of this going through and if it does before the window closes then that would be a very juicy cherry ontop of a very large cake!

Stop being pessimistic nicko and look at the bright side, you will get much better stories and your personal profile as a Rovers reporter could be boosted a lot. No more small articles buried away in the People, you might just get a Guardian back age spread. In fact, if this deal happen you will probably make the most money out if from anyone on the MB, CHEER UP!!!

THE WORD IS REALISTIC.

Archived