BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor old Alan Nixon. Since the take-over roller-coaster he's joined the troupe(or is it plague) of media types being disparaging about Mr. Syed and his vision/passion/aspirations for little 'ol BRFC (the Giant amongst Town clubs). I think we need to humour him for all the good work he's done to help make this Britain's finest Football web-site. Clearly his nose is out of joint because the Coyle 'bandwagon' has turned into a non-event.

His recent post is to say the least curmudgeonly and he should leave it to us Rovers fans to be downright pessimistic - even on the eve of our "second coming'. God bless Jack and welcome with outstretched arms of friendship to Mr Syed.

BUT LADS DON'T SPEND THE MONEY BEFORE IT ARRIVES! (though Bentley is a good shout)

Boys... what short memories you have! Even if our 'dave' was in form and merited 'repatriating' HOW can we forget what a disrespectful prat he was while trying to dig his way out of our club??? I say 'let the little bugger rot in Spudlandia'.

How stupid would Rovers have be to hand this guy a lifeline when our purse strings (potentially)would be unemcumbered. If our financial situation improves (when, that is) we should continue w/ JW's and Sparky's previous policy of locating young and talented. I'm not saying we should ignore a worthy mid 20's veteran that is languishing on someone's bench..... not at all... but why should we be Bentley's shining knight????

screw him. That's the last I want to hear of Bentley :closedeyes:

can people just lay off nicko, he doesnt have to come on here and give us the information that he does

of course he does otherwise why else would he do it? the only other answer would be ego.

where else would he get half his leads if not here? or help sell handbags.

he could leave the messageboard and we could just read his column. he never actually breaks any stories here of worth, just links us to his page and by then it's in public domain anyway. other than that it's ambiguous comments and his own heavily slanted personal opinion

Nicko, I'm pretty sure syed has already stated that the fit and proper critieria has already been met.

To be fair we are talking about people who thought thaksin shinawatra was a fit and proper person.

I checked this morning and the Premier League have not had any contact. There are new rules since the Gaydamak/Al Fahim/Comical Ali disaster at Portsmouth.

You need that now after the humiliation and disruption that caused.

I am not saying - or thinking - that Syed comes into that category. But there is a time-scale on these things.

So this talk about everything being in place and spending millions in the next fortnight is premature.

Lol at "the reason" not to be so confident from Nicko. Between now and the takeover any obstacle that occurs will be attributed to "the reason" making it seem he has an inside scoop if you ask me.

The only reason i think hes being defended is because hes "nicko". We dont mind not letting this drag on..as long as Nicko stops twisting facts to try and spread his pessimism.

I can confirm that Popov is indeed a good player. He won't be able to do the job immediately, as the switch from the Bulgarian league to the Premiership would be too much, but he has the skills to develop into a first team player.

of course he does otherwise why else would he do it? the only other answer would be ego.

where else would he get half his leads if not here? or help sell handbags.

he could leave the messageboard and we could just read his column. he never actually breaks any stories here of worth, just links us to his page and by then it's in public domain anyway. other than that it's ambiguous comments and his own heavily slanted personal opinion

Half his leads? Are you sure?

Tell you what...you take over.

Lol at "the reason" not to be so confident from Nicko. Between now and the takeover any obstacle that occurs will be attributed to "the reason" making it seem he has an inside scoop if you ask me.

The only reason i think hes being defended is because hes "nicko". We dont mind not letting this drag on..as long as Nicko stops twisting facts to try and spread his pessimism.

Realism, not pessimism.

As confirmed by your manager.

Keep up.

IF we get taken over, I think I've found the perfect flagship signing:

Honda issues 'come and get me' please to Premier League clubs.

He's young, he's an attacking player, he's massively talented, and he's Asian. What more could the new owners and Sam want?

He's contracted until December 2013, very strange. Cashing in I guess and would probably be around the 10m mark.

He was superb in the WC.

I thought he had moved after the WC to a German club, obviously not.

It would however be as you say.

So this talk about everything being in place and spending millions in the next fortnight is premature.

But your stance has changed, originally you were suggesting the Poppov trila was an indication the Syed deal would fail completely, which is why you have received some stick.

Now you are saying it might not go through in time for this window which is a more defendable postion, and one no one has argued with.

I just want to make that clear so if no funds are made available before the list, you can't turn around and say I toold you so as that would be yet another strawman you've built (to add to you're ever growing selection).

edit:

Wham bam, thank you Sam.

Can we get back to talking sense now.

oops too late, he's trying it on already...

He plays in a Dunn sort of role doesn't he? Shouldn't be a problem.

Japan played him out of position in the World Cup because they don't have any strikers, but he still looked world class.

Was he the one who scored both England's goals in that friendly?

But your stance has changed, originally you were suggesting the Poppov trila was an indication the Syed deal would fail completely, which is why you have received some stick.

Now you are saying it might not go through in time for this window which is a more defendable postion, and one no one has argued with.

I just want to make that clear so if no funds are made available before the list, you can't turn around and say I toold you so as that would be yet another strawman you've built (to add to you're ever growing selection).

edit:

oops too late, he's trying it on already...

No, as usual, wrong.

I said Popov coming on trial confirms that the manager is trying to work within his current budget this window.

You were telling me that the money would be in immediately.

Your manager and chairman have just nailed that as total garbage.

oh ffs will you all get a grip and leave this subject alone for crying out loud

your making the most read thread on this site completely unbearable

give it a rest for the sake of everyone else

we know your opinions differ, if you want to row it about take it to pm and give us all a break

nicko comes on here and gives us is information which i and many others appreciate, your not asked to take it as gospel, if you dont agree just ignore it and stop flooding the thread

You do the graft. Let's see what happens.

well i imagine i wouldn't do very well because it isn't my job, however all the things that happen at brfc would still happen and we'd find out some other way. no big loss.

No, as usual, wrong.

I said Popov coming on trial confirms that the manager is trying to work within his current budget this window.

You were telling me that the money would be in immediately.

Your manager and chairman have just nailed that as total garbage.

Yet more strawmen!!! Please quote where I stated that the money would be in immediately or even within this window?

I showed you two examples (City and Villa) where DD was done a lot quicker than four weeks, which is true. It happened, but you were saying that DD being done in anything less than 4 would be a "miracle", real life examples of recents DDs don't back this up so I have every right to question your thinking.

Also, you pick and choose when the manager/chairman's comments are valid don't you? When Paul Ince was saying he was keeping Friedel you rubbished it (and you were right too), the point being that in that case the manager's words weren't to be trusted, but in this case they should?

'When' - as in 'if' you get loads.

Keep up??? I think you should keep up with your comments...your problem as you have stated above is with "if" not "when"...so the fact that we probably wont get money in this transfer window has no bearing on your pessimism.

And thank you for proving me right... Nicko claimed obstacles and then elaborated by implying there are doubts IF we will get alot of money.

And then when a story is posted that we may most likely not be getting any money this transfer window..there you are ready with your "wam, bam" acting as though you already knew about it. You've been exposed once again pal.

The fact is you weren't in the know about this takeover and you're still not in the know..get over it

So nicko calls people names like 'sad sack' and that is fine by you?

I know you would rather lose me that nicko from this site but at leat admit you're prepared to forget your morals to appease his feelings.

Your right on one thing, take Alan Nixon over you all day long. ;)

And then when a story is posted that we may most likely not be getting any money this transfer window..there you are ready with your "wam, bam" acting as though you already knew about it. You've been exposed once again pal.

What do you mean "exposed"?

He's already admitted he didn't really know that much about the Syed bid before it broke.

He's a football journalist, not a Blackburn Rovers journalist. There's not a journalist in the world who's ahead of every story.

Archived