BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Second Round (Last 16) Discussion

Guest Kamy100

My only question is why has Seth Blatter not been stabbed yet? Like...does he have the world's best bodyguards or something? How has this man, who has abused and assaulted the sport to such despicable degrees not been physically attacked?

I don't get it.

You are a very f*&%ed up...

We have improved as the game has gone on but for the commentators to be saying Germany's players are average is poor. Neuer, Lahm, Ozil, Muller, Schweinsteiger, Klose would all get in our team.

They are pretty poor at the back and we can get level in the second half...

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The commentator's arrogance kills me. Only 2 German players could get into the England starting squad?

Off the top of my head Schweinsteiger, Klose, Lahm and pick your center half over Upson (keeper is always a given).

Scheinsteger wouldn't make the England team, Klose would also often struggle and neither of their centre halves would if Ferdinand were fit. Lahm and Ozil are the only ones I'd really take. That doesn't mean anything as it is how the team plays as a collective unit, but as individuals they aren't a particularly impressive bunch.

Ridiculous decision, it was quite clearly over. It wasn't one of those you wait to see, you knew as soon as you saw it that it was in. It's one thing saying "could have been 5 down", but good goalkeeping or poor finishing are part of the game, decisions like that shouldn't be, not on something so simple and clear cut.

Scheinsteger wouldn't make the England team, Klose would also often struggle and neither of their centre halves would if Ferdinand were fit. Lahm and Ozil are the only ones I'd really take. That doesn't mean anything as it is how the team plays as a collective unit, but as individuals they aren't a particularly impressive bunch.

Ridiculous decision, it was quite clearly over. It wasn't one of those you wait to see, you knew as soon as you saw it that it was in. It's one thing saying "could have been 5 down", but good goalkeeping or poor finishing are part of the game, decisions like that shouldn't be, not on something so simple and clear cut.

I'd take Schweinsteiger, he has been completeley dominant in midfield by doing the basics, recieve the ball and pass. Ozil and Lahm i would def take like you said.

From what i've seen if England manage to sneak the win they have no chance of lifting the trophy. They are an average side.

Eddie, you are an idiot if you think Barry is better than Schweinsteiger and nobody said their centre-halves were any good, they are not. Neither are ours either.

Just like bad refereeing decisions are part of the game.

No excuses. We have 45 minutes to sort this out. Winners get on with it and overcome such setbacks. Losers blame the referee on the plane home...

Vastly overrated. One of the most brainless footballers I've ever seen.

Agreed. He will probably go and score now but he will still never be world class. International class, yeah, world, definitely not.

Rooney is coming into it a bit more now but should have shot instead of passing to Milner.

We are ###### poor at the centre of defence...

Barry looks more like an old codger looking for dog ###### on the park...

Scheinsteger wouldn't make the England team, Klose would also often struggle and neither of their centre halves would if Ferdinand were fit.

If my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle. And Barry just isn't that good and Klose is still better than Defoe or Heskey.

Game over. Bye bye Fabio, and take Gerrard, Lampard, James, Joe Cole, and Terry amongst others with you - you're all overhyped, overrated w*nkers and you've all been a national embarrassment. Time for a root and branch overhaul of English football - starting with strictly limiting the number of foreigners in the Premier League. In every team in the Prem the best player is a foreigner - what does that say? Unfortunately people buy into this Sky promoted, "best league in the world" bo**ocks, and the press immediately transfer that to the national team.

Guest Kamy100

What a shambles. People will complain about the disallowed goal, but that is just papering over the cracks, this has been a shocking performance. This German side is average, yet they should have scored 6 or 7 goals by now. Brainless defending and our "golden generation" after 10 years still hasn't learnt how to keep possession.

Shocking and so sorry for the fans that have paid all that money to go and watch this.

Archived