BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Second Round (Last 16) Discussion

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm, Argentina have their hands full with these Mexican youngsters- quite fortunate not to be a goal down.

Sam's quite close with 'Arry, isn't he? He should have a quiet word about loaning Dos Santos.

yep, I think even the Rovers team would have done better. Better goalkeeper and defense for sure. Midfield - not so much, but England weren't shining in that department either. And I'd take Roberts over Heskey any day. Kalinic wouldn't have done worse than Rooney either, considering Rooney did pretty much nothing.

I will always suppport Rovers first and England second - I choose my team, that way i don't put up with these overpaid poor excuses of professionals all of the time.

dire, dire, dire, just no other words. pathetic maybe

don't even get me started on John Terry. Firing squad beckons

training starts tomorrow - one love, BRFC :rover:

Now i'll play on the half dutch in me. What I'd give for Sneijder in the blue and white!

Klose has had a nightmare season for Bayern Münich, Podolski has done almost as bad for Koln. Arne Friedrich was relegated with Hertha, and Mertesacker is seen as a limited defender at Werder Bremen. Rooney has, prior to the World Cup, had the best season of his career, Lampard yet again scored over 15 goals for Chelsea... Notice the difference? The German players grow three inches just by putting on their national team shirt, they enjoy playing together and gets support from all sides while not a single player in the England colors looks like he thinks playing in the World Cup is any fun. The English players all look like they wished they were somewhere else, afraid of having their career more or less destroyed by fans and press for making a mistake. Just an outside opinion, but I really think you need to look over the overall climate of playing in the national team.

Rooney is the most obviously injured player in the World Cup.

Who's fault is it that he has played?

Both his and England's - he should have put his hands up, and the physios/coaches should have had the bottle to say ok here is enough

Such a shame for Mexico the scoreline really flatters Argentina as Mexico had most of the possesion.

They are quite a solid team with some decent flair players too, they could push on up the rankings if they could find a few quality defenders and a goalkeeper that doesnt work part time in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.

Argentina still have the quality to punish any team given half a chance but still look suspect at the back.

Graeme Souness just said on Al Jazeera Sports that Rooney's agent has told him that Rooney and other players are complaining of heavy legs and find it difficult breathing in the high altitude and get tired quickly. They are suggesting the altitude training done at 1500 ft was not enough for the few days in Austria as opposed to Germany, Brazil and Spain training at higher altitudes for up to 3 weeks.

Graeme said the same thing happened to him in Mexico 86 just as with Rooney who has a similar build to him (body fat, etc...). He said it killed him.

I think people should look into this explanation as well WHILST NOT denying that this was an over-rated generation of footballers, and they should take a fair amount of stick instead of blaming Capello for everything.

Um sorry, a leading English university recently found out how to over come altitude at 2500M with no acclimatisation.

You weren't to know Bobby, but you have to ask yourself why don't the England team?

I think the number of posters saying they are Rovers first and England second really highlights a problem that we have in this country.

How can your local team mean more than national pride? It seems apparent with the team also.

I think the number of posters saying they are Rovers first and England second really highlights a problem that we have in this country.

How can your local team mean more than national pride? It seems apparent with the team also.

why? I really struggle to support players who every other day I despise.

Why should I have national pride when the players I expect to respresent it for me fail so badly

why? I really struggle to support players who every other day I despise.

Why should I have national pride when the players I expect to respresent it for me fail so badly

Only one team wins the trophy. We haven't beaten any of the former winners in knockout since 1966. Maybe it was never going to happen?

Archived