SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Town Centre Store/ Cafe/ Bar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Open tomorrow folks

Official Site

Will be interesting to see what sort of business this unit will get being not too far from Primark....hopefully it will be a success.

Will be interesting to hear peoples 1st impressions of it too.

Walked past this morning Hughesy, looks very impressive, very up market which can only be good for Blackburn.

"sit down and enjoy a wholesome meal, using the very best ingredients sourced from local suppliers, with a glass of lager or wine.

Much like the food operation at Ewood Park, we will cater for all tastes with the emphasis firmly on quality."

That's a quote from the Rovers article promoting the cafe. Well sorry, know your market! This is Blackburn town centre. How many Latte drinking Rovers fans do you know? I know 2. If this venture is projected to make a profit from its "very best with the emphasis firmly on quality", then the prices need to be competitive with Gregg's and not with Northcote. Some how I doubt it.....

"sit down and enjoy a wholesome meal, using the very best ingredients sourced from local suppliers, with a glass of lager or wine.

Much like the food operation at Ewood Park, we will cater for all tastes with the emphasis firmly on quality."

That's a quote from the Rovers article promoting the cafe. Well sorry, know your market! This is Blackburn town centre. How many Latte drinking Rovers fans do you know? I know 2. If this venture is projected to make a profit from its "very best with the emphasis firmly on quality", then the prices need to be competitive with Gregg's and not with Northcote. Some how I doubt it.....

To be fair, it will be after the Cafe Bees market, an eatery that was always busy, difference being, I'm sure Rovers will pay their bills.

That picture with the shutters down just doesnt do it justice splitscreen, it is a lot more attractive than that far more.

Maybe I'm being over critical as an ex retail designer, I would still have painted the external render, (green mould) and a brown roller shutter with guide rails, hardly in keeping the main theme of black.

Suppose we had to protect the transfer budget though. ;)

Nothing like trying is there?? If it was Blues MK II then im sure you would moan then aswell :wacko:

Maybe I'm being over critical as an ex retail designer, I would still have painted the external render, (green mould) and a brown roller shutter with guide rails, hardly in keeping the main theme of black.

Suppose we had to protect the transfer budget though. ;)

No your not, its that picture on the website thats misleading, it does highlight everything that you mention.

You'll know exactly what I mean when you visit the store, it is far more attractive with a real big City design/feel to it.

When you eventually get down there come on and post your thoughts on the place.

There's plenty of local Rovers fans in the "latte drinking" category. It'll be getting them into Blackburn in the first place that will be the problem but things like this are a start. I can imagine a lot of fans being intrigued and coming into town just to try it when they wouldn't normally. They just need to deliver to tempt people back.

3p - if we follow your logic the new "coffee bar" should be selling Thunderbird wine, White Lightening and and burgers. <_<

I'll take a look this week when I go for my Brum ticket.

well I have to say that I am very impressed with the new shop, the cafe ISN'T decked out in rovers colours (which IMO is a good thing) however does have a couple of pics which seem to match the colour scheme. the young lad serving asked what I thought and I told him it looked good and better than the previous shop in town centre.

if anybody doesn't like the overall look and feel of the shop/cafe, I would be really suprised. saying that however, I'm sure somebody will come along and prove me wrong.

in summary a good addition to the town centre and I'll be passing on my positive comments to the club at the Fans Forum meeting next Tuesday.

Nothing like trying is there?? If it was Blues MK II then im sure you would moan then aswell :wacko:

I am all for a Rovers Outlet in the town Centre, but at Gregg's prices. Rovers price season ticket attractively, so they should follow that lead and do the same for their quality fare. I shall check out the prices next time I am in town.

• Moderation Lead

I'm going to pay this a visit tomorrow after work- if it's where I think it is, and from the sounds of things it will be a nice development.

The previous site is cursed I'm sure of it- the last 3 retailers (inc. Rovers) have all left and moved on to alternative premises!

Archived