BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

After nearly 400 pages and one loan signing I think it's probably time to start a new thread.

The other one has degenerated into general bickering, name calling and random musings. Think it's time to put it all behind us and start again.

One thing I would ask is that all debate about the possible takeover stays on that thread. Can we stick purely to transfer issues on this thread. It makes it very difficult to catch up on what's going one when the thread is tied up with talk on other subjects.

Also can we keep it to Rovers only transfers as usual.

Many thanks

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.........

Nicko - what is happening with Roberts then? Have we found a buyer?

No - and you won't be after what I have heard about the fee you still want.

Nicko was Dembele ever a target, he's joined Fulham 5m, just wondering if he was the player we talked about last week, going to London.

It wasn't him.

It said in the LET on Saturday that Tony Parkes first job as Rovers Scout was to watch some players in the Wigan/Blackpool game. Who was he watching?

I can't think who that would be - Blackpool have only got the excellent Charlie Adam, Wigan have Rodallega who is way over-priced.

Nico, any truth about us being after Jenas? Heard it at the game on Saturday from some one who may have had too may lagers at the time, but have to say I wouldn't mind him in our midfield. Guess he is on silly wages as it is.

Jenas can go. But last I heard he had the chance of Juventus. So they might come first in the race. Got to say I don't think he's the manager's type. A bit wishy-washy.

I can't think who that would be - Blackpool have only got the excellent Charlie Adam, Wigan have Rodallega who is way over-priced.

Could he have just been watching how Blackpool play, as we play them in a few weeks?

Allardyce comments on possible future transfer policy (link posted in takeover thread)

"I have to persuade the new owners - if it happens - that we have got to do it relatively slowly' date=' not 'bang, bang, bang, bang'. That is a little too quick to turn a football club round to being successful. You try and do it as quick as you possibly can, but you want to do it by making sure you sign the quality of player at the right price."[/quote']

Just stop that right now :angry2:

Anyway, I agree with Sam, use the money wisely, and not pay over the odds for a mercenary on silly wages.

The manager and the chairman have known exactly what is going on in term of time-scales and impact on this window.

That's why I said I would be 'stunned' if these milliones came in before the window shut.

That's why Rovers are still looking at bargains and trialists.

However to suggest otherwise just now seems to be a crime.

I think that's what the potential future owner wants as well Billy. All this talk of £100m but that could well be over 5 seasons which is much more sensible.

But of course "Sam handed £100m war chest" sells more papers.

P.S. This will be my last comment to nicko in this thread on this subject. I suggest you come over to the take over thread where this subject is more relevant, it you are willing to back up the things you say with proof instead of throwing round strawmen accusatiosn I will happily debate with you. This thread is for transfers and I respect Ricky setting this new thread up and am willing to keep it free of our garbage.

So Nicko, do you know who played in the game today? Will you be revealing any of the trialists that took part? Did the 2 we know about, Perea and Popov, play at all?

Chelsea at Cobham. Decent match. Star player Alex Marrow. Tons of scouts there. Branco played and the French kid Jeffrey Senou came on - neither much cop. Jason Roberts very lively but very expensive.

Archived