BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jason Roberts very lively but very expensive.

I can't believe we've put ourselves in a position where we're paying him far more money than anybody else is willing to.

He has never, ever been first choice here - why have we given him such a large contract? He could have left at any time over and we could have replaced him, he was never indispensable.

I know Syed says he plans to keep John Williams if successful, but I have my doubts now. We shouldn't be paying squad players huge sums of money, no wonder our wage budget is 90% turnover.

I can't believe we've put ourselves in a position where we're paying him far more money than anybody else is willing to.

Why is that hard to believe? Zurab? Same deal. Andrews? Same deal. Chimbonda? Same deal. Pedersen? ...You get my point. I've said it time and time again, our pay structure needs rescaling.

Why is that hard to believe? Zurab? Same deal. Andrews? Same deal. Chimbonda? Same deal. Pedersen? ...You get my point. I've said it time and time again, our pay structure needs rescaling.

I wrote that with Zurab in mind, I should have put his name in really.

I have no idea what Chimbonda and Andrews are on, we haven't heard any reports of clubs being priced out of those two.

Pedersen has been a first team regular for five years now, I can understand giving him good money. We have to back the manager in keeping first team players, it's these obscene amounts to bench warmers that can not continue.

He has never, ever been first choice here - why have we given him such a large contract? He could have left at any time over and we could have replaced him, he was never indispensable.

I know Syed says he plans to keep John Williams if successful, but I have my doubts now. We shouldn't be paying squad players huge sums of money, no wonder our wage budget is 90% turnover.

Because that's what we do. It's why I think John Williams is overrated by many Rovers fans.

Marrow is the next 'big thing'.

I understand that Rovers have already had three offers (all declined) including one from a top 6 club - Oldham source (not sure but Oldham may have a sell-on clause).

No no Mr Nixon is excellent at this job.Thats why i checked it & it didn't check out at my end.

Sorry mate I was merely wishing to ensure that I balanced things out by having a bit of banter with them both.

I've got it out of my system though, although the whole affair still makes me smile.

Anyhow how's football in Italy, are they saying anything about our takerover?????

IF NOT WHY NOT!!! :lol:

I understand that Rovers have already had three offers (all declined) including one from a top 6 club - Oldham source (not sure but Oldham may have a sell-on clause).

Top 6 in which league though???

I have no idea what Chimbonda and Andrews are on, we haven't heard any reports of clubs being priced out of those two.

Andrews got a payrise last year. He'd be lucky to find another PL club, and Championship clubs won't pay out PL wages for him. As for Chimbonda, usually he's whoring himself out to another club - except according to his agent he wants to stay here - despite being dropped?

Pedersen has been a first team regular for five years now, I can understand giving him good money. We have to back the manager in keeping first team players, it's these obscene amounts to bench warmers that can not continue.

Same deal, though: No one else was willing to pay Pedersen what we were. Let's say next season or the season after, he's a bench warmer like Zurab or Roberts. No one will want to touch him on those wages.

Did marrow not come through our youths and get loaned to oldham if so they won't have a sell on.

Can we have a silly wages thread please so you can all moan in that. Im sick of sifting through the same conversation repeated over and over again.

We get it we cant sell Roberts, Zurab, Andrews etc etc because there on so much money. Talk about it somewhere else

Can we have a silly wages thread please so you can all moan in that. Im sick of sifting through the same conversation repeated over and over again.

True, we all are guilty of it, myself included - however the amount of repetition on the same issues/topics is getting beyond silly now!

Problem is that this thread is about transfers in/out of Rovers (primarily), and for most of the window, thus far, there has been very little in terms of real activity going on.

True, we all are guilty of it, myself included - however the amount of repetition on the same issues/topics is getting beyond silly now!

Problem is that this thread is about transfers in/out of Rovers (primarily), and for most of the window thus far there has been very little in terms of real activity going on.

Well maybe people should adopt my policy of if you have nothing new or of worth to say, say nothing at all.

Did marrow not come through our youths and get loaned to oldham if so they won't have a sell on.

We signed him from Ashton or something like that and have groomed him in the youth/reserve set up.

There might be some kind of sell-on clause with them but nothing with Oldham (he was only on loan there).

A Bulgarian site is reporting Popov has signed for 2 million pounds.

Translation from their Official club site @ 20.30

I just completed negotiations between FC, Blackburn and Ivelin Popov. The attacker has the English football team. . All three countries are satisfied with the arrangements. Ivelin Popov comes back in Bulgaria on Thursday to collect their luggage and to submit documents for a British work visa. Popov next week will join Blackburn.

A second article on their web site states. @ 19.05

FC and Blackburn is currently negotiating personal terms Ivelin Popov. If they successfully complete the master of Lovech team will sign a contract with the British.

Ivelin Popov has been in Blackburn, but not to pass tests. . National was subject only to the fitness test, which lasted an hour and a half.

Don’t just Popov like that, do you have a link?

http://topsport.ibox.bg/news/id_1944242390

It's in Bulgarian, but the title reads: Confirmed: Ivelin Popov is a Blackburn player , and it goes on to say he agreed personal terms and will have his work visa ready by next week.

I can't vouch it's 100% true, as this site has been known to come up with baloney in the past, but usually they get it right when they say it's been confirmed.

Archived