BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

A good point and I suspect the original question was not "who are you looking to buy" but specifically "Beckham is a great player, would you like to bring him to Blackburn?".

Of course with our present squad you'd say yes. He also is quite clear that it would have to be financially viable and more importantly that he wanted to come.

You can't expect effort from the Daily Mail though.. the Star have chipped in too now

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/149768/Blackburn-Rovers-bidder-wants-David-Beckham/

Oh and nicko, maybe this explain Sam's coyness on the timing of it going through...

Why do you choose to believe or read into far too deeply, pretty much every article you read, from most journalists other than Nicko?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am cautiously optimistic. Whether the take over goes through before the close of the window, or between now and January, or if we stay with the Walkers, I don't see a short term downside for the Rovers and, perhaps, there could be a long term upside.

As to Beckham, I can see it happening, if Syed takes over the club. We are a PL team. Everything considered, Beckham would be lucky if we (a mid-table club with potential for advancement) put a real offer in for him. Despite his age, his experience, skills and positive mental outlook are such that I think he could contribute to the squad. And as a marketing ploy, it could be exactly what Syed needs to get the Rovers on the international radar.

I hope the deal goes through and that Syed is the goods. But whether it does or not, I'm a Rover. The future IS blue and white. :rover:

I mentioned earlier that all this 'take over' talk had a touch of Déjà vu about it, after listening to the reaction on talk sport – general ignorance and slight mockery, for those who didn’t hear it.

Then low and behold Mr. Beckham’s name starts to get banded around exactly like Mr. Lineker’s did back in ‘91!

And I start to cringe!

I would love nothing more than for this take over to go through and for us to be financial stable for many years to come – owned by a guy with the clubs best interest at heart.

The problem I have is that with every passing day (and lets not forget this is only Thursday in the week that this all started to surface properly) I become more cautious and more cynical as the Syed PR machine makes more and more noise.

If every one doesn't just slow down here (and I include many on this site) then I worry that we could all end up with a very large amount of egg on our faces!

Plunkett via Twitter says that Syed was misquoted about Beckham.

PaulPlunkettLT

Before anyone gets excited about Beckham to Blackburn links, Syed's people say he was misquoted in Gulf Weekly. Just said he liked Becks

Exactly SG192, Jack's first move was a bid for Lineker- the Beckham of his day.

You are right philipl when you say 'that was a bid', this is just spin in my opinion and thats what makes me very nervous.

If this guy wants to impress us – honest fans – then keep quiet for now, buy the club, put your money where your mouth is, and then, and only then shout about what you are going to do and who you are going to buy. Then I, like many others who love the club will be impressed – very impressed! Far to much spin around this 'Take Over' for my liking!

All i want for Christams, is O Hara, Popov and maybe an experienced striker like Klose, Toni or even Morientes. No Beckham please, just players we really need with a bit more experience up front, as we have an exciting young team.

All i want for Christams, is O Hara, Popov and maybe an experienced striker like Klose, Toni or even Morientes. No Beckham please, just players we really need with a bit more experience up front, as we have an exciting young team.

Klose and O´Hara would be great signings. Let´s hope Klose stays with Bayern and we could snap him in January.

The one I read in the mirror this morning said Last night Sam swooped for popov and is awaiting a work permit. I haven't read the online one so I don't know if that's te same.

Wp should not be a problem as Bulgaria is a member of the EU !

This silly season is proberly the worst ever !! Im waiting until i see any players in the shirt, then i believe its true. :-)

But if WP is not necessary is it just `######?

Work permit is neccessary:-

UK Boarders Agency Website:- http://www.ukba.home...nia/liveworkuk/

"

Can I live and work in the United Kingdom? This page explains how you can live and work in the United Kingdom if you are a Bulgarian or Romanian national. You can move and live freely in any European Union (EU) member state as a European Economic Area (EEA) national. You do not need permission under our immigration rules to enter or remain to live in the United Kingdom. If you want to work in the United Kingdom you will need to apply for an accession worker card, unless you are exempt (see below) and your employer may have to apply for a work permit. For information on how to apply for an accession worker card and a work permit you should see the Applying section . "

The Popov story has moved on since that first edition of the Mirror. The one you can buy in the newsagent will have the update.

Unfortunately that does NOT apply in Scotland and I don't fancy nipping down to England this morning (garden needs attention), so if some kind person would oblige please?

Sam said on Radio Lancs this morning, that as the window gets nearer to closing there would be more options to get loan players in - which he said would probably be the right way for the club to go.

Suggests that he believes a takeover will happen.

I have seen the paper. Nicko has said in the story that Popov has gone back to Bulgaria to sort out the paperwork and it should be completed by next week. It is a done deal subject to a work permit which should be a formality. £1.5 million. Happy with that :)

Who the f--k wants a washed-up Beckham ?

We need today's and tomorrow's stars.

Yes - we need todays stars like Super Keith :lol:

Becks is still a quality midfield player - with the biggest pulling power in world football. I am sure any deal for Becks would be based both on his playing ability and the publicity and sponsorship it would gain.

Quick question - who is the biggest draw in Asia & Far East ? Where are our new owners trying to increase our support ? It is hardly rocket science.

Yes - we need todays stars like Super Keith :lol:

Becks is still a quality midfield player - with the biggest pulling power in world football. I am sure any deal for Becks would be based both on his playing ability and the publicity and sponsorship it would gain.

Quick question - who is the biggest draw in Asia & Far East ? Where are our new owners trying to increase our support ? It is hardly rocket science.

Is there any space left on Beckham to tattoo "Arte et Labore" though? :)

Archived