BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

That would be decent enough news, as long as they pay the majority of his wages.

Doesn’t have any actual proof that that is what the manager is trying to do though. Just that he is sad that he couldn’t get his target and that loans are now an option.

A bit of Bulgarian journalism perhaps?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point is – what is the point of having an option on paper that is about as useful in the attacking line as said piece of paper? On paper we have a whole reserve team and youth team. Moral improved when he left to show his explosive pace in London, so it must be seen as a positive not a negative.

That's called hindsight, and I can't say Benni leaving didn't turn out positive for us - but we're now only two injured strikers away from a crisis that doesn't need to happen, that's all I'm saying.

Good enough for 10th last season....Kalinic is already half way to his goals tally for last season in the league also.

Why waste cash on a sh!t striker if in 1 months time we have the funds to go out & find the next big thing?

Because we need to work with what we have for the time being. In one month the window is shut and we can't sign anything but free agents anyway. Not saying we should waste money on a sh!t striker, I'm merely calling it risky to start the season with two fit strikers and one who's about to be offloaded. Just because you're lucky once...

No matter how overweight/mediocre Benni is for WHU this season I'll wager he scores more goals than his non existent replacement at Ewood.

We need two more strikers ideally and one is an absolute must. Kalinic and M. Diouf are bound to suffer injuries and /or suspensions at some point.

• Backroom

No matter how overweight/mediocre Benni is for WHU this season I'll wager he scores more goals than his non existent replacement at Ewood.

Perhaps, but the less divisions in the dressing room the better, and Benni was definitely unsettling the dressing room. I think this alone is good enough reason for him not to be in the squad, regardless of the few goals he may have contributed.

But the non existent replacment will be much better value for money than the overweight Benni

We need two more strikers ideally and one is an absolute must. Kalinic and M. Diouf are bound to suffer injuries and /or suspensions at some point.

Agree with the above totally. Dont want to see Samba up front again.

So say Benni scores 3 goals between now & january...is that worth the £700k in wages, + the division he appears to cause in dressing rooms?!

MGP would score more in attack than Benni will in his shape.

I can count the amount of times Benni was a goal threat that season on my penis.

In our search to find the undercover Rovers player hiding on the messageboard I guess the above allows us to rule out the possibility that you are really Chris Samba.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/8928984.stm

Oh dear, wonder if Benjani'll pass a medical or not.

All depends how much he wants him i guess, he has failed medicals before with his knee and managed to get a move. 32 years old and if his knee is that bad its only going to get worse. Can't believe we have wasted our time looking at him.

All depends how much he wants him i guess, he has failed medicals before with his knee and managed to get a move. 32 years old and if his knee is that bad its only going to get worse. Can't believe we have wasted our time looking at him.

A look doesn't cost much. And there are all sorts of potential benefits. The well publicized fact that we are 'looking' at him might be used as leverage in other contract negotiations, such as with Popov. And even if we signed him, there are all sorts of contract clauses which might reduce the risk to the Rovers. So don't despair.

I hear the agreement that is due to be signed tomorrow is 'non-binding.'

This means that even if the due diligence works out OK there are no guarantees that Mr Syed gets his deal.

There is a bit of intrigue behind the scenes on this - as some very thoughtful people around here know.

This is far from straightforward.

Of course, I will not believe any of the above until it is denied by the local paper.

nicko, I know that you said you never doubted that this deal would go ahead, if that is the case, what are you alluding to in the above quote?

nicko, I know that you said you never doubted that this deal would go ahead, if that is the case, what are you alluding to in the above quote?

Why would he say that???why would he claim that he knows of "obstacles" in this deal...

Why did he reply to someone about rovers transfers spending with "if you get to spend loads"

Why would he say that???why would he claim that he knows of "obstacles" in this deal...

Why did he reply to someone about rovers transfers spending with "if you get to spend loads"

Well nobody ever gets everything right...........not even Theno; but don't tell him that.......don't want to spoil his tea. :rolleyes:

Rapid striker Nikica Jelavic, who refused to play in tonight's match against Villa, will undergo a medical in Glasgow on Friday before joining Rangers as per BBC.

It was announced on BBC Scotland 6pm News that Jelavic has signed for Rangers. So that's another one to cross off the list of targets for Rovers.

oh well, there's still Benjani...

I guess we could have a Salt-n-Peppa duo for the treatment table.

Their rendition of Push It can be about wheelchairs.

Also on Rangers official site, subject to medical and personnel terms, but nowt in the LT yet!.;)

:o Must be a lie then.

The difference between the Rovers and the Rangers is that the Rovers are financially prudent. John Williams likes the idea of balancing the check book. The Rangers, on the other hand, have a history of being "flexible" on the financial end of things.

Nicko is a human being, not a saint. He gives us good information, mostly spot on (he's only as good as his sources, folks), but when he doesn't get the scoop there is a group here who feel compelled to jump him on it. I don't blame him if he lashes out from time to time. All things considered, Nicko has been a positive for this message board despite getting a lot of stick for no good reason.

And I have no problem with people disagreeing with one another. But some interpret their right to disagree as a right to be disagreeable. One does not equate to the other. Some basic courtesy goes a long way toward making one's point.

Archived