BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to recall many posters saying that salgado would be a waste of money and his legs were gone...wait and see that's my motto.

It's also a matter of opinion whether Salgado is or was a waste of money considering the wages he is on and the fact we have two other players in that position who are equally adept and in fact I would say Emerton is better.

I seem to recall many posters saying that salgado would be a waste of money and his legs were gone...wait and see that's my motto.

Salgado also had many supporters on here - I don't see many people suggesting that Benjani could win a game of Connect4 in 3 moves.

<_< Loan to Buy,So his time at Liverpool is surely over.

I did a list last week. :lol:

Inter will sell or loan Victor Obinna & David Suazo.

AC will loan Dominic Adiyiah.

You don't want any Juventus players. WHY? :lol:

Roma will loan or maybe sell Stefano Okaka,Julio Baptista

Palermo would sell or loan Igor Budan Or Davide Succi probably cheaply too.

I'd take any of those over Banjoni.

It's also a matter of opinion whether Salgado is or was a waste of money considering the wages he is on and the fact we have two other players in that position who are equally adept and in fact I would say Emerton is better.

Granted it took a little while for Salgado to settle down but I personally think he is twice the defender Emerton is/was and not far off being as effective going forward. I like Emerton but he does have his limitations, Salgado has played at a level Emerton can only dream of and even though he is in his twilight years his class is still there for all to see.

Paul Plunkett on twitter :

Spoken to Blackburn. They have no interest in bringing in Fulham's Jonathan Greening as reported this morning

Not that I'm exactly disappointed by this, but have we set the world record this summer for most players linked to us which all turned out to be untrue?

To repair the national team your average British guy should be priority over any average ageing foreigner.

I'm not in favour of signing Benjani but this is absolute rubbish.

English players always cost a lot more than foreigners so it's very hard to give them priority.

Our priority as a club, especially one with not much money, is to sign the best players for us.

Now I disagree with Sam that Benjani does fit that mould, but that's because he's pants, not because he's foreign.

I'm not in favour of signing Benjani but this is absolute rubbish.

English players always cost a lot more than foreigners so it's very hard to give them priority.

To play devil's advocate: The club could just as easily put faith in a young Englishman like Nick Blackman, instead of signing Benjani. I'm not saying he could cut it in the PL, nonetheless wouldn't one of our own be preferable to signing a 32 year-old African with dodgy knees who's scored 4 goals in 2 years?

The Greening thing is another example of why any tabloid reporter's word, not just the couple who post on here but in general, should not and cannot be taken as gospel.

Rovers have confirmed that they have not even shown in interest in players like Reo Coker and Greening, yet some of the red-tops would have you believe that negotiations have been ongoing/fees agrees/terms concluded.

I've nothing against them, it's just important to remember that they are wrong more often than they are right and the club/LT is the best place to look for truth on transfers and targets.

You really think that the management team will be honest about every target they go after? They must make dozens of phone call and inquiries and negotiations must break down at various stages. I'm sure we have been interested in a good number of targets that the club and the LET have poured cold water on, but no club wants to admit that they have chased 15 targets and only managed to bring in one loan.

To repair the national team your average British guy should be priority over any average ageing foreigner.

Im sorry, please tell me how signing an average Scottish/Irish/Welsh striker helps out the England team?

In fact, please tell me how signing an average English striker, for example Nugent or Cameron Jerome, helps the England team? They are nowhere near good enough to enhance the England team.

And im restraining myself(well, not really, but hey!) from commenting on the fact that Blackburn Rovers, nor any other Premier or Football League team, should have absolutly no responsibility in regards to the quality of the England team. If they can bring in a foreign player for cheaper than it would cost to bring in a similar quality Englishman then they should. Their responsibility is to their club.

Archived