BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

Roberts is gone by the way

What do you mean?

I read on wiki:

On August 19th 2010, at approximately 23:43 hours, Roberts pulled into a motorway service station on the M1. He walked straight into the petrol station store, picked up a Ginsters pastie, opened the wrapper with his teeth and ate the whole thing in under 60 seconds

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on topic, has anyone heard anymore about Edixon Perea? If he impresses(surely not difficult v Benjani who we shouldnt sign), id sign him on a short contract and look at either Jo or Caicedo on loan as they know this league. Kalinic, M Diouf, Jo/Caicedo and Perea looks good enough to hold us over, and i think i read Perea can play a supporting role. We also need a central midfielder but obviously our priority is up front, simply to boost numbers.

Im guessing that the Popov deal is off after what was said about his medical, but you never know.

Perea was definitely at Brockhall this week, as was Benjani - both doing similarly averagely in training.

What my guy up there did comment on was how good Kalinic was looking in training - not just today, but since the end of the summer break. I'm told the guy looks seriously good in front of goal, a proper goalscorer.

Still no sign of any interest in Greening, don't know where that one started.

Good point but different sources seem to be split on when he started the trial, some said Monday some said later in the week. Maybe Sams taking his time over this as we havnt got a deadline due to him being a free agent, although with the new registration rule it might be better to decide as early as possible.

Would Edixon Perea even get a work permit? According to Wikipedia (not the most reliable source i know!) he has only played 19 international games in the last 6 years.

Hes played in Europe before, although i personally think this potential signing will just go under the radar and we will never really here about it again.

Guest brianpepper

Roberts is gone he told me so himself. Pm me if you want to know where the offers are from providing he is happy I do so.

As for the Nixon stuff let's get a hold of ourselves

And for whoever asked. Watcher for years poster for weeks

Roberts is gone he told me so himself. Pm me if you want to know where the offers are from providing he is happy I do so.

Fair enough!

Hope he gets on well wherever he goes. He always gave 100%, and was instrumental at a few critical junctures. I recall us getting a few goals just because of him running at defenses causing problems.

Anyone heard that sam is set to quit for villa?

Why go to a club that shows signs to be on it's way down or at least on a standstill with hands on owners in terms of transfers, when your're in a club that's seems to be on their way up and have potential to grow and progress in the Premiership in the following seasons. Villa has a great foundation, put if they put on the brakes there's enought teams behind them that has the potential to pass them.

On a side note, I've seen a lot of references to Hughesy's granddad and a transfer. Anyone care to let me in on the story?

BTW, local newspapers i Bergen has pretty much dismissed a Blackburn transfer for Brann's Erik Huseklepp seeing Popov as a direct competitor in terms of playing style and abilities. Shame, as he's a great technical player with nice pace and a fair price (probably around £1.5M). Would love to see him in blue and white.

I really enjoy nickos updates but he's definitely been off the boil a bit this summer. I wonder if he's lost some contacts within ewood since sam has been there. He didn't seem aware of the diouf move, the popov move, the syed offer, as well as benjani training with the club. Pretty sure all of those were broken by fellow members on the site.

He certainly knew a lot on the Beattie situation, there's no doubting that at all. He has also reported a lot of links that have been flatly denied by the club so we haven't got the foggiest who's telling us the truth on those.

Nicko has helped me out with something away from the mb and I'll always appreciate his help in that matter. He's an asset as a member but no more so than the other members on here who make this mb what it is today. Some would argue that it was even better a few years ago in the pn (post nicko) era. There's no doubting that the debate has degenerated into the nickoteens v the nickoknockers.

I hope nicko returns but I also hope the mb can get back to the type of community that it used to be. I've met a lot of people through this mb who I consider to be good friends now. I would hope to meet even more in the future.

I'm sure nicko will return as there's no doubting that he gets a lot of information from members on this site, he always acknowledges it so there's no denying that fact.

Great post Ricky- totally agree.

There is no doubt nicko adds a great deal to the board even when things get a bit controversial.

I really enjoy nickos updates but he's definitely been off the boil a bit this summer. I wonder if he's lost some contacts within ewood since sam has been there. He didn't seem aware of the diouf move, the popov move, the syed offer, as well as benjani training with the club. Pretty sure all of those were broken by fellow members on the site.

He certainly knew a lot on the Beattie situation, there's no doubting that at all. He has also reported a lot of links that have been flatly denied by the club so we haven't got the foggiest who's telling us the truth on those.

Nicko has helped me out with something away from the mb and I'll always appreciate his help in that matter. He's an asset as a member but no more so than the other members on here who make this mb what it is today. Some would argue that it was even better a few years ago in the pn (post nicko) era. There's no doubting that the debate has degenerated into the nickoteens v the nickoknockers.

I hope nicko returns but I also hope the mb can get back to the type of community that it used to be. I've met a lot of people through this mb who I consider to be good friends now. I would hope to meet even more in the future.

I'm sure nicko will return as there's no doubting that he gets a lot of information from members on this site, he always acknowledges it so there's no denying that fact.

I dont post often, but I do read everyday and love the banter on hear. This post is spot on.

No you read "Ewood and I" and instantly assumed he was involved and jumped down his throat. If you had bothered to read the rest of the thread or even the debate as it happened, you would either have read this or known.

Icer's took a load of unwarranted stick of people purely because they acted without knowledge an act of stupidity as you put it.

You're quite right I didn't read it as closely as usual because there's been too much of this stuff and I can't be bothered. However, if Iceman believes he could have chosen his words better, who are you to say he couldn't?

i didnt feel offended by it all, so did not have a go at either 47er or Rover of Finland. I was a bit surprised by both 47er and ROF, as they are regular members, and would have assumed they knew what was happening. To be fair to both of them, this thread and few others, have spiralled way out of control. Who would want to read 300 pages of nonsense? I have never had a problem with Nicko, so i always enjoy what he has to say. He is human after all, so please guys lets all treat each other with a bit of respect.

Back on topic, i would love to see Popov here, and then maybe i would be okay with Benjani as 4th choice. He would be the experience player dare i say it, when you consider how young the other 3 would be.

Good post. I don't think he has lost his touch, you forgot to add Piquionne and Dindane who were first denied until Sam mentioned them among missed targets later this summer. The MB will prevail no matter what though, as will this great site. If not we'll just start the good old e-mail list back up ;)

It's getting to the point where we Benjani would become a welcome addition to our squad purely because we need a striker and time is running out. :lol:

Personally I think Roberts has been treated poorly considering the lack of strikers coming into Blackburn to push him down the pecking order.

If we've still got him when the transfer window shuts and Roberts doesn't get a squad number then I think we'll regret it.

Let's hope Big Sam has got some tricks up his sleeve and pulls off a couple of signings before it's too late.

Its this simple...

If someone posts something i dont agree on i will let it be known..if i think he has that opinion due to bitterness over something then i will let it be known.. i wont make concessions for anyone..both i and ewood when arguin with him about his points on the takeover were unhappy about him twisting truths and each time showed him his own posts as proof. That is not called an attack it's called a debate, he chose to respond each time and continue the debate..in fact look through the posts and you'll find that many times me n ewood would stop responding and Nicko would bring it back up all over again. As he did in the first few pages of this thread.

However each time someone disagrees with him half of u jump at the person in fear that your only reason for coming here would be gone aka nicko.

I think your heart's in the right place chilly but you seem way over the top for someone who's been on the board for 12 days. Unless you are a returnee? Vinjay?

Great post by Ricky. Presumably "pre-Nicko" though. Love the coined Nickoknockers!!

So anyway, back on topic:

Over the last week or so...

POPOV... Still potentially on?

ROBERTS... Going, going,... gone?

BENJANI... knees or no knees?

POWDER DRY... Close the thread?

MISTER X mk87... has Nicko gone looking for a pencil sharpener cos he certainly hasn't left because of a few jibes. He's one of the few grown-ups on here (and, no, I'm not a Nickophile nor Christmas card hunter!).

Been away for a week and just got back and have seen we may or may not be signing a stiker named Popov , the takeover is still pending and really not much has changed at all!

:o

In that case I suggest you either read the takeover thread or the digest thread!

Archived