Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The comparisons are Taylor and Greening v Andrews and Grella

and Benjani v Roberts

In that very limited context, these would not be a step backwards. OK as sticky tape for the coming 21 games or so (assuming we have a run in the League Cup).

Given the awful luck Rovers have had getting players this summer, I will be utterly amazed if we get the three of them so I hardly think it is time for hissy fits abut these reported targets.

No, its not. Taylor is a left sided player, not central at all. So the comparisons are Taylor v Gamst or Olsson for the advanced left side and Taylor v Givet or Olsson for the left back position. And Greening v Andrews and Grella

and Benjani v Roberts

I prefer Perea v Roberts

When was it that Benjani ran the game against us & we simply couldnt handle him?? Was it just last season?

Yes it was last season, the same season that City were fielding a team worth over 100 million of talent.

Is that the game where we played really well? when we let one of city's defenders run through from his own half?

Dont rate players on one game, I even saw Andrews score.

I don't care if we sign Benjani. He is just a stop gap until the takeover is complete. No point wasting money on someone who is going to be replaced.

I agree, signing him on a temporary basis is fine. Benjani isnt a world beater but with the situation we are in there is no point in paying 2-4 mill on a striker only to be looking for a better player in january if the takeover goes through.

Taylor is very similar to Pedersen. Not sure where we would play him. He has an excellent left foot, but is slow. At full back he would struggle I think. The attraction for Sam would be his set pieces which are lethal.

From my perspective Popov, Benjani and Greening in, Roberts and one of Grella or Andrews out would be okay. Not a brilliant window but an improvement. Popov is the only one who could prove to be excellent - although a bit of a risk obviously. Greening and Benjani are stop gaps.

I's rather sign a striker on loan from europe than a washed up has been like Banjoni. He went on loan to Sunderland last year and did absolutely nothing, except produce yet another horrendous miss video.

We can have as many loans as we like from the continent, why even bother bringing in a player who's as likely to join Dunn & Grella in the treatment room.

Roberto, any strikers available for loan in Italy????

taylor well we do need a leftie so he's a reasonable move and he does have a knack of scoring goals. A loan for him would be good as once we are bought, well we could do better.

cant say i'm over excited about either taylor or greening out of the 2 and out of our current midfielders you have to say taylor is more of a goal threat , i cant see bolton loaning him out though £2m is not a bad fee , but i think for us to sign him we'll have to move a player out

Yes it was last season, the same season that City were fielding a team worth over 100 million of talent.

You dont get it do you....HE ran the game, not the rest of the team worth over £100m....As a stop gap (contract till summer) - he is an option.

Dont want us to sign Greening or Taylor for a fee....id be happy with either on loan - IF Andrews or Grella cleared some space

You dont get it do you....HE ran the game, not the rest of the team worth over £100m....As a stop gap (contract till summer) - he is an option.

But surely not the only one.

Benjani had a good show against us, fair play we all saw it. However please tell me his last decent performance before or after that one??????

and Benjani v Roberts

In that very limited context, these would not be a step backwards. OK as sticky tape for the coming 21 games or so (assuming we have a run in the League Cup).

Given the awful luck Rovers have had getting players this summer, I will be utterly amazed if we get the three of them so I hardly think it is time for hissy fits abut these reported targets.

Sorry its totally unprofessional to even think about Benjani.. totally unprofessional !

It stinks that hes a possible, as an Englishman the ferker above should not even be plying his trade in this country period.

His agent wants his arse kicking for playing a tiny part in damaging English football by having Benjani on these shores.

:angry2:

Amazing how history can be twisted. He got a hat trick of assists, one a shot that was going miles wide in that someone tapped in. One a shot he should have scored that hit a post and bounced back out to Tevez (Roberts would have been slated for missing the same 1 on 1) and the last goal was a pass to Tevez for that fantastic finish that you can't really give him the credit.

Run us ragged?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u88SE91ulw

Watch the goals again again and tell me where he run us ragged.

On topic - as a fourth striker on pay as you play deal? I may consider it but only if the other 3 strikers are good enough so that he only plays in an emergency, but if that is the case I can't see how he isn't just a waste of money. The alternative is he is 3rd choice striker and we don't bring anyone else in and that frightens me.

Benjani had a good show against us, fair play we all saw it. However please tell me his last decent performance before or after that one??????

Im not sure - I cant say iv watched him closely.

All I know is that the last time he had a decent run of games - he was scoring goals - hence why City bought him.

Cant score goals if he isnt given a chance....hell weve given Roberts about 3 or 4 years worth of chances and he has still done very little.

You really are unbelievable, Hughesy...

What for not writing players off without having good arguements to back it up? Im sorry but if he passes tests and proves in training what he can do then id rather take the view of the manager than other people who all of a sudden think they know everything about him when clearly they dont.

Typical rovers fans - jump on the negative bandwagon then licking his arse if he signs and starts scoring! So fickle :rolleyes:

Run us ragged?

Watch the goals again again and tell me where he run us ragged.

I said he ran the GAME, not the goals :rolleyes: . Go back and watch the full 90 minutes, tell me if we could handle him!

I don't want us getting stuck with yet more average players, we have enough already. Taylor has a nice left foot, but is inconsistent and doesn't have much else to his game. He would be too expensive in fee and wages to be on the bench and I wouldn't want him starting ahead of Olsson. Greening is another very average player with no particular strengths to his game, plus he is 31, so another big no for me.

Benjani is not good enough either, old and injury prone, like Majiball says, surely we can find a loan better than him.

You really are unbelievable, Hughesy...

Why is he? Benjani was excellent in the game in question, Hughesy is right about that. He's a capable player who is more than good enough to be our 3rd or 4th choice - the only worry is over his dodgy knee. If he passes the test then it's up to Sam - he can't do any more than what we ask.

Using our one remaining loan deal on greening or Taylor makes no sense when we are short up front. Makes it look like sam has decided that benjani will do as a striker up front.

I just can't believe we're not going all out to bring in caicedo, just the type of striker we're crying out for and far better than most of the forwards we've been linked to this summer

According to my paper Caicedo has signed for West Ham.

What for not writing players off without having good arguements to back it up? Im sorry but if he passes tests and proves in training what he can do then id rather take the view of the manager than other people who all of a sudden think they know everything about him when clearly they dont.

Typical rovers fans - jump on the negative bandwagon then licking his arse if he signs and starts scoring! So fickle :rolleyes:

I said he ran the GAME, not the goals :rolleyes: . Go back and watch the full 90 minutes, tell me if we could handle him!

Are you some kind of automated Rovers pr machine? People are entitled to think that a 31 year old striker with bad knees that no other prem club is interested in a bad signing.

He had one good game and suddenly he is a good signing :rolleyes: His career has been patchy at best. If he was signing for Burnley he would be a one legged donkey whos good game against us and three assists were nothing more than scuffed shots and lucky passes.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt because we dont have massive options and yes I will be happy to see him score but that wont make me change my opinion of him.

Why is he? Benjani was excellent in the game in question, Hughesy is right about that. He's a capable player who is more than good enough to be our 3rd or 4th choice - the only worry is over his dodgy knee. If he passes the test then it's up to Sam - he can't do any more than what we ask.

There are significant similarities between Roberts and Benjani - both have pace and physical ability - both have an alarming knack of missing chances.

Roberts out for a reasonable fee, Benjani in on a pay as you play deal - with money (and wages) left over for Popov or another striker would make sense to me. Another factor - if we do get bought out - we don't want all the transfer money to go on making up a wages shortfall - if Roberts is one of our higher earners - it make make sense to ease the wage bill.

Roberts out for a reasonable fee

I think at this point we would have to be extremely satisfied if we wouldn't have to pay HIM to leave. Surely no one will pay anything for him due to how we've treated him and what he's on.

Archived