BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly what we need right now,a player who can play anywhere in midfield and is a loan signing.IF we are taken over then the calibre of player that we want will be different so why waste money?i think this is the clearest sign that a takeover is imminent and the club feel it is too.

The last few times I have seen Greening I have been impressed- he can tackle now which used to be a big weakness but gets sent off when he mistimes them. In my view was best player on the Park when we played WBA in that 0-0 at the end of 08/09. Certainly a step up over Andrews and Grella.

Taken from the BBC:

Allardyce was disappointed with the number of chances his side missed in their opening day victory over Everton. He feels adding additional firepower is more important than ever.

"We started with Martin Olsson's one-on-one with the goalkeeper, before Niko [Kalinic] capitalised on Tim Howard's mistake," he said.

"But then we had Ryan Nelsen's volley that went over the bar and Mame Diouf's one-on-one when Howard saved that.

"So that's our problem and that's what we're trying to resolve."

My link

If Olsson is struggling with his shooting, signing Banjoni is not the answer, working on Olssons shooting is. Ryan Nelsen, bloody hell sam he's a centre back, who if I'm not mistaken had managed 1 goal prior to last season, yet we expect him to score volleys now? Sam expects every goal scoring oppurtunity to be taken, not even Drogba manages that.

Banjoni wouldn't have scored any of those chances either, let alone got in those positions, NEXT.

On Greening, well he must be better than Keith, he can play in the hole and if he's on loan he has to impress. Not a great signing but not a disaster either.

so we want Greening, but when are we selling Andrews and/or Grella? I know there needs to be an interested club, that are willing to buy them, but jeez we are just adding to the wage bill. If Sam wanted to get rid of Grella, then i dont think he should have been given a squad number.

Taken from the BBC:

Allardyce was disappointed with the number of chances his side missed in their opening day victory over Everton. He feels adding additional firepower is more important than ever.

Banjoni wouldn't have scored any of those chances either, let alone got in those positions, NEXT.

Sam doesn't seem to know what he wants which is probaly half the issue - one minute we need a physical forward, the next we need a goalcorer - there aren't any of these players in our current price bracket. Benjani certainly isn't the answer. Creating more clear cut opportunities would provide more goals - even Andy Cole missed his share and a 29 year old Cole would walk into our side.

With regards to Matty Taylor, I can recall watching Wanderers last season and thinking one of their midfielders was tough as nails and quite outstanding and the rest were poor.

Cannot remember if Taylor is the good one but we should nab him immediately if he is.

With regards to forwards, Sam tinkered with 3-5-2 pre-season and gone back to 4-5-1. In those circumstances we probably only need three out and out forwards on the books in this half season.

Benjani better than Roberts? I'd say so if he is fit. Go back to Benjani pre-City and we'd be elated at the prospect of him signing.

I would be happy with Taylor remember that stunning goal for Pompey he scored a few seasons back could be just what we need & better crosser of the ball than what we have got. As for Greening he will never improve the team I disagree his passing is woeful tackling no better than Andrews in my opinion. There must be better players to loan than him & at 31 is coming up to that age which is too old for the premiership. We will also need all the pennies for when Iceman changes his avatar for the 1000th time or his user name whether it's Iceman, next we'll have Kalinic in there. :rolleyes:

With regards to Matty Taylor, I can recall watching Wanderers last season and thinking one of their midfielders was tough as nails and quite outstanding and the rest were poor.

Cannot remember if Taylor is the good one but we should nab him immediately if he is.

Don't think that could have been Taylor...

We have got to change our mindset about this window.

It is now a short term sticky tape job before the real work starts in January.

Brilliant if we do land one for the future but it is all about having a better squad to see us through to January 2011 and nothing else.

I think (and it sounds like Sam does too, which should rule out Greening) that we need to wait to make our second loan signing until the end of the window when a better class of player will become available.

Using our one remaining loan deal on greening or Taylor makes no sense when we are short up front. Makes it look like sam has decided that benjani will do as a striker up front.

I just can't believe we're not going all out to bring in caicedo, just the type of striker we're crying out for and far better than most of the forwards we've been linked to this summer

Taylor and Greening would be decent squad players but they are not going to make or break our season. Both are "Sam" players that he will think he can get the best out of. If we get them on the absolute cheap, I'm okay with it.

Neither bring anything extra to Blackburn Rovers than what we already have, similarly to Benjani, all three would represent backward steps for Rovers.

So dont be OK about it, If you want Rovers to progress.

Using our one remaining loan deal on greening or Taylor makes no sense when we are short up front. Makes it look like sam has decided that benjani will do as a striker up front.

I just can't believe we're not going all out to bring in caicedo, just the type of striker we're crying out for and far better than most of the forwards we've been linked to this summer

Got to say Allardyce looks like hes got his head firmly stuck up his arse.

We have got to change our mindset about this window.

It is now a short term sticky tape job before the real work starts in January.

Brilliant if we do land one for the future but it is all about having a better squad to see us through to January 2011 and nothing else.

Yes, and Benjani certainly doesnt fit in with this thinking.

Archived