BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City V Rovers Preview

Stuart

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant defensive performance, terrible with the ball! M Diouf and Jones have been impressive - Jones has got a lot of stick on here but the amount of energy he gives our central midfield is truely impressive. Very quick too. Grella and Pedersen have been poor imo, Gamst particularly so.

I think Kalinic will be coming off. Benji to make an immediate impact? Man City defence looks awful.

fantastic result so far, and deserved based on most of how we played this half. Towards the end City got back into it, but then the referee seemed to want to play until they scored. It's going to be really tough hanging on to this if we have to fight with him too.

M. Diouf, Salgado and Robinson have been immense so far. Jones is playing very good too.

I'm still expecting us to get walloped in the second half.

Can't shake that feeling either.

Big Sam is going to hold on to a 1 - 0 victory with both hands and feet. So, I think this is going to be largely dependant on whether or not City come out on fire in the second half...

I'm gutted Nelsen's gone off. He crunched some of the City players. I wish he was 10 years younger but sadly at his age now, he comes off worse when challenging for the ball. I just hope it's not too serious COYB!

I'm still expecting us to get walloped in the second half.

It reminds me of the United game a few years back. We were also leading 1-0 at half time, and got ripped apart in the 2nd half. Not sure who got our goal, think it may have been Dunn or MGP

I'm gutted Nelsen's gone off. He crunched some of the City players. I wish he was 10 years younger but sadly at his age now, he comes off worse when challenging for the ball. I just hope it's not too serious COYB!

For more reasons than one, eh? Eh?

I'd like to see us try to get a bit more possession in the 2nd half, even though it's much to ask for against City away these days. Mame Diouf hasn't really been involved yet, perhaps he can drop deeper to link up the midfield with Kalinic? I'm afraid the desperate hoofing we're employing now won't get us through the this game in one piece.

Some surprising lack of organisation in defence at times. City took a couple of short corners where we were asleep. Very loose passes from Grella and Pedersen too.

Tevez receives the ball with no one within 2 metres of him......he needs to be crunched a few times.

Pedersens been very wasteful in possesion and were not holding it up front unless it falls to Mame Diouf. Niko looked like he tweaked his hamstring and was struggling to run a bit towards the end of the half.

Thought Hart kneed him in the back of the leg when challenging for the ball.

Should be able to get that loosened up.

Archived