BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes 2010 / 2011

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you see what happened at the MCG on the first day tells you all you need to know about fickle cricket fans.

Watson was immense on Sunday. He's such an irritating git, because a) He's a great batsman (in the short form); B) He's a good limited overs/holding bowler; and c) Comes across as a genuinely nice bloke in interviews.

But he is still a Watto + T, look at what he does when he bowls, its as if he's bowled the best ball in the world and its amazing how the batsmen didnt get out, he's a posing git as well.

Still, he was wot won it for you on Sunday, and I cant complain to lose to such a good all round performance.

If you see what happened at the MCG on the first day tells you all you need to know about fickle cricket fans.

Watson was immense on Sunday. He's such an irritating git, because a) He's a great batsman (in the short form); B) He's a good limited overs/holding bowler; and c) Comes across as a genuinely nice bloke in interviews.

But he is still a Watto + T, look at what he does when he bowls, its as if he's bowled the best ball in the world and its amazing how the batsmen didnt get out, he's a posing git as well.

Still, he was wot won it for you on Sunday, and I cant complain to lose to such a good all round performance.

Your favourite player was out quickly.

Bowled by Shahzad having scored 5.

Haddin also bowled for 5 by Shahzad.

Clarke ct Bell b Bresnan 10 (Aus 21-3)

D Hussey ct Strauss b Tremlett 8 scored (Aus 33-4)

C White c and b Yardy 45 (Aus 133-5)

Smith bowled Shahzad 0 (Aus 136-6)

Hauritz c Hauritz b Bresnan 2 (Aus 140-7)

Lee bowled Yardy 0 (Aus 142-8)

We won Dave by about 43 runs or so. Another great game but extremely worring all the same, two innings two reliances on a single player to get us out of the ######. Top order collapse again.

The preperation at least this time looks better going into the World Cup then the stuttering build up to the Ashes but I don't rate England as a ODI team so I don;t really know what is says about our current form as a whole.

I don't know who you are speaking of Jum, Dave and I have contributed throughout this thread so you must be talking about Flops.

I can't believe what I saw from Bollinger after his comedy performance in the test. Agree with Neekoy about Aussie-despite three wins in a row, they do look a poor do. England look knackered and spent after the test series. They need a reminder that the WC is next month!

Some revenge at last.

Our ladies have finally given us something to cheer about, and on the eve of Australia Day. They've won the sheila's ashes back.

Fantastic effort girls.

(awaiting sexist comments, in the light of two "commentators" in the UK getting suspended).

Good on the ladies and a tiny bit of pride has come back, Clarke looks like he will keep his spot for another 12 months after a decent 50 that that is good :rolleyes:

Still think India and Sri Lanka are favourites for the World Cup but hopefully we can get some more form up in the last two games and rotate a few players for some time in the middle.

England look a different team with Anderson in but it just makes you think if the Aussie bowlers could have just removed Trott and Cook in the test series the middle order is still quite fragile, oh well what might have been.

Prior is a cheat, nothing bizarre about it, as Healy said, has Ian Botham come out wanting his sacking and removal from the English team?

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour.

EDIT: Also he is the worst international keeper I have ever seen.

No bigger cheat than all the convict batsmen down the years who have stood their ground knowing they have snicked the ball challenging the umpire to give them out. Healy was as bad as any of them.

Prior's a good wicketkeeper.

Prior is a cheat, nothing bizarre about it, as Healy said, has Ian Botham come out wanting his sacking and removal from the English team?

You must have had your eyes shut for the past few weeks.

Haddin is a woeful keeper and a ###### to boot.

I say that as a neutral.

Who was the aussie bowler in the last one dayer who clearly dropped the ball before rolling over, grabbing it in the other hand and trying to look all confused and claiming a catch..... now that was some shocking cheating!!!

Sorry guys, he is a cheat, try to shift responsibility as much as you want, it was blatant cheating.

I can forgive any feilder who takes a ball at their fingertips off the ground and doesn't know for sure and I will accept any decision that a batsmen stands their ground and waits for the umpire decision, i.e when Prior knew he was LBW on a duck to Lee and stood his ground and challenged (ridiculously) but still well within the rules of the game.

What he did was take a ball and knock the bails off and claim it as bowled. If he claimed a stumping then it would have been entirely different but he didn't, he cheated and it was disgraceful behaviour and deserves to be publically humiliated by your own.

For those who havent seen it.

A Wicket Keeper in being a Cheating @#/? Shock

Im looking at you Brad "He Knicked it honest Guv" Haddin

Well done on Aus on a very good win, both sides were pretty rubbish throughout, but you had a number of players step up when needed and we didnt.

Glad to see Crazy back as well, I hope he makes the WC squad

Archived